11-03-09, 06:24 PM   #1
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Seeking LDB charms/raid-icon marking addon.

I am seeking an LDB charms/raid-icon marking addon for use with Chocolate Bar. After well over a year of being an avid Fubar fanatic, I am grudgingly moving over to LDB, after reading that Fubar is slowly grinding to a development halt. Fubar2Broker is keeping me from going into FactionFu withdrawl (because Broker Factions just isn't quite shiny enough, sorry man), and for pretty much everything else, I can either find a native LDB addon or button-plugin...

Except a good charms addon!

Even with F2B, both CharmsFu and Lucky Charms (1) explode... I get a big error box when I first log in and they do not display. LuckyCharms2 was 99% perfect (and I love the /readycheck button!)... except that it was not in the bar. I'm trying to streamline my UI, get stuff out of the middle of my screen. The only LDB charms addon I've been able to find was Broker_RaidTargets, and that one... treats each icon as its own individual 'box' within the bar, which means you are able to move each icon individually. I'm just /waiting/ to get into a raid and accidentally move the Skull somewhere and screw crap up.

I've Googled, I've searched WowI and Curse, I even searched this forum specifically for all the incarnations of 'ldb' and 'raid' 'icon' 'mark' 'charm' etc I could think of. I look at a lot of people's UI screenshots and nobody seems to have a Charms addon to begin with, much less one that's LDB /and/ keeps all the charms in their proper order. I asked my guildies and those few who don't still do the 'right click target name, mouse to raid icons, mouse to icon and click' (which is sooooo not feasible when i'm tanking Heroics or raids; it's bad enough that I have to target a mob other than the mob I'm fighting in order to raidmark it) have set keybinds to raid marks. I don't have enough keys on my keyboard for that.

I am in desperate need of a Charms addon that won't explode when I try to run it through Chocolate Bar. And until I spent four hours looking for one, I wouldn't have guessed that it was a rarity in the addon world. Can anyone point me to anything I have overlooked? I will offer you many internet cookies and my undying adoration.

-- Sanna
not an epically uber tank
just your regular good-enough kind of tank
11-03-09, 07:34 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Here are some that you might wish to give a try...

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...pleMarker.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...gicMarker.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-YKTarget.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UncleMark.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...arkHelper.html

If you use OPie (or wish to try it) it also has a pre-set ring for marking targets.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9094-OPie.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-04-09, 02:29 AM   #3
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
aw man! I was all happy to have options to choose from, but... most of those don't seem to be working out.

Magic Marker looks really cool, but even after putting the fubar plugin in, somehow I can't make it say anything other than "Magic Marker: disabled".
Uncle Mark is some kind of keybind-addon-something, and keybinding raid icons in the past has been.... bad. Disastrous. Not shinie. : x.
The other 3 seem to be non-LDB/Fubar addons, which means I may as well fire up LuckyCharms2 again (a perfectly decent addon whose only drawback was not fitting into my bar).

I /want/ to find a reason to keep OPie! It looks like such an amusing addon, but trying to hold down a keybind to select a raid icon isn't gonna work, and I tried making a 'healing spell ring' on my priest but that won't work... I could keep it for non-casttime-sensitive stuff I suppose, like buffing... but... hm. I'll have to ponder it more. But for raid icon marking, I can tell it won't work.

Man, I feel really bad being anything like 'thanks but no'... I wish one of these had worked out... Maybe in a few months someone will get around to getting a CharmsLDB or something. I'll just reactivate LC2 and deal with it not being in the bar.

Thanks for the suggestions tho! OPie is fun to play around with, whether or not I end up keeping it. X D! (Hm. Maybe I should consider setting up a /damaging spells/ ring. That could be intriguing...)
11-04-09, 10:03 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
OPie can be useful for the following things (and more!)

mage armor
druid forms
buff food
conjuring food/water
raid markers
tradeskills
portals/teleports
pally auras
buffs
etc
etc
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-04-09, 12:52 PM   #5
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Just one little note -

Sometimes you'll find broker addons (and particularly, Fu addons going through the converter) work better in one broker display than another. If ChocolateBar isn't showing it for you, maybe try NinjaPanel (which I use) or one of the many others.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Seeking LDB charms/raid-icon marking addon.