09-27-13, 04:37 PM   #1
nikkadaem
A Murloc Raider

Issue with nUI Plus Objectives Window

I installed the new release of nUI Plus (nUI_5.07.38_Plus), but now my objectives window is buried in the action bars. You can barely see it at the bottom. Oh and it should be noted that I'm using the Dugi Guides viewer.

So I back rev'd to nUI_5.07.37_Release and it fixes it.

All of the same addons are in use including the same revisions. The only thing different is the nUI version. Any suggestions?

09-27-13, 06:04 PM   #2
grhuff07
A Murloc Raider
I have the exact same issue and I also use Dugi's addon. Going back to the last nUI+ version resolves it for me as well.

09-28-13, 06:19 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, looks like a conflict with dugi's guide. I'm not using it and I don't seem to be having a problem with the frame with or without the minimap being in the infopanel. I'll have to see if I still have a dugi guide copy lying around.

Well downloaded the new Dugi Questing Essential addon as the version I had installed was way outdated and all seems fine. hmm but then again .. d'oh .. not using the latest nUI .. oh wait, yes I am silly rofl ..

Anyway, screenshot is showing frames where they are supposed to be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092913_012753.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	7859  

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-28-13 at 06:30 PM.

09-28-13, 06:35 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, I see where I may have previously got it working before when I was using it last ..

One of the options needs to be ticked .. see screenshot.

However, for some strange reason, once I have dugi quest installed the text display in the watchframe disappears. Even moving the frame around to see if the watchframe and its container has just separated didn't highlight the text.

However, knowing there were font problems introduced in 5.4 its possible that this is linked to that but I can't see where as nUI doesn't touch that side of the watchframe and I can't see anywhere in dugis code that specifies a font for the watchframe either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092913_013342.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	7860  

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-28-13 at 06:51 PM.

09-28-13, 07:10 PM   #5
grhuff07
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Ah, I see where I may have previously got it working before when I was using it last ..

One of the options needs to be ticked .. see screenshot.

However, for some strange reason, once I have dugi quest installed the text display in the watchframe disappears. Even moving the frame around to see if the watchframe and its container has just separated didn't highlight the text.

However, knowing there were font problems introduced in 5.4 its possible that this is linked to that but I can't see where as nUI doesn't touch that side of the watchframe and I can't see anywhere in dugis code that specifies a font for the watchframe either.
I double-checked and those Dugi settings are the default. Mine are exactly as shown in your screenshot. For some reason with nUI+ 5.07.38, the Objectives window moves down to the very bottom of the screen as seen in the OP's screenshot. If I uncheck that Dugi option, it moves up but still in the middle of the screen. The Objectives window is placed correctly with nUI+ 5.07.37. I haven't done any testing with the "non-plus" version to know if there is a difference there.

Last edited by grhuff07 : 09-28-13 at 07:14 PM.

09-28-13, 08:59 PM   #6
DugiGuides
A Murloc Raider

Hi I was digging into this to see if this is something we need to fix on our side but I noticed the difference between nUI_5.07.37 and nUI_5.07.38 is

line 792 nUI_Movers.lua

--if WatchFrame then nUI_Movers:lockFrame( WatchFrame, true, OBJECTIVES_TRACKER_LABEL ); end

has been commented out, this also disable nUI ability to move the WatchFrame with /nui movers

I'm guessing nUI might want revert this change to retain the ability to move the WatchFrame with nui but if this is not an option then I'll look into it further and try to fix it on our side.

09-28-13, 11:48 PM   #7
rj_killeen
A Murloc Raider
Confirmed REM Statement

Howdy;

Just wanted to confirm the REM statement on line 792 is the issue.
Edited the .lua (sorry) and started WoW. Was able to access the Objectives with /nui movers again.
Also, before doing that, I noticed that the Objectives were back where I had placed them originally, and not locked to the top left, as stated in the .lua file.

Thanks.

09-29-13, 12:34 AM   #8
grhuff07
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by DugiGuides View Post
Hi I was digging into this to see if this is something we need to fix on our side but I noticed the difference between nUI_5.07.37 and nUI_5.07.38 is

line 792 nUI_Movers.lua

--if WatchFrame then nUI_Movers:lockFrame( WatchFrame, true, OBJECTIVES_TRACKER_LABEL ); end

has been commented out, this also disable nUI ability to move the WatchFrame with /nui movers

I'm guessing nUI might want revert this change to retain the ability to move the WatchFrame with nui but if this is not an option then I'll look into it further and try to fix it on our side.
Also confirming that Dugi's fix works for me. Thanks, Dugi!

09-29-13, 01:30 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, didn't notice that bit of code further down as another change higher up also was the cause for the watchframe to be unmovable using the mover system. thanks dugi.

09-29-13, 09:16 PM   #10
nikkadaem
A Murloc Raider

Ok great!

So the fis is to use Notepad++, or another text editor, to edit line 792 in the file nUI_Movers.lua by removing the "--".

Before

After
if WatchFrame then nUI_Movers:lockFrame( WatchFrame, true, OBJECTIVES_TRACKER_LABEL ); end

I'll reinstall plus and give it a shot.

Last edited by nikkadaem : 09-29-13 at 09:21 PM.

09-29-13, 09:26 PM   #11
nikkadaem
A Murloc Raider

FIXED! Thanks for the help!

09-30-13, 05:12 AM   #12
spiel2001
nUI's Author

For the record, this was commented out because the current flavor of the lockFrame ends up tainting the WatchFrame. So... it can be put back in, but it will cause some taint issues. Nothing drastic, but taint all the same.

Originally Posted by DugiGuides View Post

line 792 nUI_Movers.lua

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-30-13, 05:00 PM   #13
nikkadaem
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
For the record, this was commented out because the current flavor of the lockFrame ends up tainting the WatchFrame. So... it can be put back in, but it will cause some taint issues. Nothing drastic, but taint all the same.
Spiel, can you be more specific on what to look for graphic or behavior wise?

09-30-13, 06:39 PM   #14
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If it's "an issue" you'll get an "action was blocked because of nUI" message.

I'm getting ready to put out a fix... hopefully it will not cause combat taint issues. We'll see.

09-30-13, 09:04 PM   #15
nikkadaem
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
If it's "an issue" you'll get an "action was blocked because of nUI" message.

I'm getting ready to put out a fix... hopefully it will not cause combat taint issues. We'll see.
Ah ha...I have seen that problem. Dugi Guide places an action icon next to a quest where a quest item is needed. When i click the item to use it at the appropriate time I get that error, but sporadically not consistently.

As an example: I was in Outlands, on Alliance, where I had to go and mark 4 towers using some flares. When I clicked on the action icon presented by Dugi Guides, I got that "action blocked..." error.

To be able to use the quest item, I had to move it from my bags to an action bar slot.

The same action presented it's self when I went on bombing runs which was a quest that lmost immediately followed.

10-01-13, 06:32 AM   #16
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yup. That's taint. ~smile~ Blizzard's way of keeping addons from "automating" game play for players... which I have not issue with. But as an author, it can be a real challenge sometimes to strike the balance between customizing the UI and not breaking the UI.

10-01-13, 09:19 PM   #17
nikkadaem
A Murloc Raider

Hey Speil...no problem...Blizz has to assert its self, its in their nature

Thanks for looking into this. I've become a big fan of your UI. I used to use CTmod to customize my UI, but yours is much cleaner.

Thanks again!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Issue with nUI Plus Objectives Window