12-01-14, 12:44 PM   #521
pqee
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Svegan View Post
Sounds like you might be running NPC Scan. if so, turn it off, the developer is using an outdated call for the map information. If not using npc scan, then make sure your old carbonite files are gone, and you put the contents of the Carbonite-master folder in the interface\addons folder. if you just put the master folder in, then you are not running the newest version.
Is probably npc scan. Thanks for the tip, I'll disable it when I get home. I already made the mistake with the Carbonite / Carbonite/Master folders once but I caught it before I posted.

12-01-14, 04:15 PM   #522
KMJX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by pqee View Post
Is probably npc scan. Thanks for the tip, I'll disable it when I get home. I already made the mistake with the Carbonite / Carbonite/Master folders once but I caught it before I posted.
More precisely (as has been stated a few times in this thread already) NPCScan Overlay.
No need to disable the main addon, just the overlay part of it.

12-01-14, 04:24 PM   #523
yourkilla
A Fallenroot Satyr

sorry it took me so long to see your question. as of the most recent dl of the github version the only BG map that isnt working any longer is 'The Battle of Gilneas' map. Thanks again for working it out!

12-01-14, 06:13 PM   #524
Reddsonja
A Fallenroot Satyr
I got it downloaded and it's working ok. One issue I have is I keep getting random "No player named xxx is currently playing" It will spam that off and on in my chat window. All I have running is carbonite, recount and bartender. Thanks for your hard work on this Rythal!

12-01-14, 06:16 PM   #525
glyph
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Garrisons should be fixed now. (really this time lol)

Barring any major issue's discovered before tomorrow night, i'm going to publicly release it.
/cheer

Is it still the plan to publicly release very soon? Will it be released/updated on curse.com

12-01-14, 06:39 PM   #526
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Good work on the quest polling update fix (hell and everything but that's the latest for me LOL). Works like a charm. What I have been encountering now is a bug with quest completion. Seems to be in particular with quests that end in the garrison, like the tavern travelers and the stables mount quests. When you complete them, the turn in ? appears in the spot where you finished (ie quest item or successful capture) until you hearth back. Anyone else encountering this?

12-01-14, 06:50 PM   #527
asctt1
A Murloc Raider
that happens to me i had to look up a few to find out to go back to garrison

12-01-14, 06:53 PM   #528
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Goranth View Post
Good work on the quest polling update fix (hell and everything but that's the latest for me LOL). Works like a charm. What I have been encountering now is a bug with quest completion. Seems to be in particular with quests that end in the garrison, like the tavern travelers and the stables mount quests. When you complete them, the turn in ? appears in the spot where you finished (ie quest item or successful capture) until you hearth back. Anyone else encountering this?
Screenshot of completing the daily in shadowmoon, which I will be turning in back in the garrison.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120114_195214.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	410.6 KB
ID:	8333  

12-01-14, 06:56 PM   #529
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Same quest, back in garrison, pointing to proper destination
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120114_195617.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	394.1 KB
ID:	8334  

12-01-14, 08:02 PM   #530
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Reddsonja View Post
I got it downloaded and it's working ok. One issue I have is I keep getting random "No player named xxx is currently playing" It will spam that off and on in my chat window. All I have running is carbonite, recount and bartender. Thanks for your hard work on this Rythal!
I've seen that a few times without Carbonite. I am running recount, bartender4 and several other add-ons. That message looks suspiciously like one you get if you try to /whisper someone who is not online.

12-01-14, 09:35 PM   #531
Athgar
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Draven006 View Post
So happy to have Carbonite back

But is anyone experiencing problems with WoW disconecting if you are in the Mine of you Garrison?

I have to switch Carbonite off when i am Mining down there
I'm finding that that's not the only activity that ends in disconnection in the Garrison mine.

Also, I notice that the location heading on the map flashes back and forth between the name of the mine and the name of the garrison while I'm in there.

Update 1: If I turn off all of my addons except Carbonite, I don't hang or get disonnected. I'mm going to try to pinpoint which addon is interacting badly.

Update 2: Here are the addons that I've re-enabled. At this point, I'm still not hanging or disconnecting.
Ackis Recipe List
AdiBags
Altoholic
Broker: Garison
Broker: Garbage
DataStore
Decursive
GatherMate2
Informant
Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Omen3
Overachiever
Quartz
Razer Naga
Shadowed Unit Frames
Skillet
SkillWatcher
Tidy Plates
Titan Panel
Titan Panel: Gathered
VuhDo
Deadly Boss Mods

On the other hand, these are the addons I still have disabled (I ran out of nodes to test on, so I'm leaving them off until tomorrow).

_NPCScan
Archy
Ask Mr. Robot
Auctioneer
BeanCounter
Enchantrix
Engraved
ExtraCD
Garrison Mission Manager
GatherMate2Data
Glamour
GreenWall
GupPet
HandyNotes
HandyNotes_DraenorTreasures
LightHeaded
LostTreasures
Macro Toolkit
Masque
Master Plan
MogIt
NugComboBar
oGear
OmniCC
Outfitter
Postal
Prat 3.0
Quest Completist
QuickMark
Routes
SavedInstances
SPTimers
TomTom
WIM
WowLua
XPBarNone

...and several libs that they use.

I'm going to pick this up again tomorrow, and hopefully once I have all of my nodes on all my toons to test with, I'll be able to narrow it down to the actual culprit.

Last edited by Athgar : 12-01-14 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Updates

12-01-14, 10:55 PM   #532
Draven006
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Athgar View Post

On the other hand, these are the addons I still have disabled (I ran out of nodes to test on, so I'm leaving them off until tomorrow).

_NPCScan
Archy
Ask Mr. Robot
Auctioneer
BeanCounter
Enchantrix
Engraved
ExtraCD
Garrison Mission Manager
GatherMate2Data
Glamour
GreenWall
GupPet
HandyNotes
HandyNotes_DraenorTreasures
LightHeaded
LostTreasures
Macro Toolkit
Masque
Master Plan
MogIt
NugComboBar
oGear
OmniCC
Outfitter
Postal
Prat 3.0
Quest Completist
QuickMark
Routes
SavedInstances
SPTimers
TomTom
WIM
WowLua
XPBarNone

...and several libs that they use.

I'm going to pick this up again tomorrow, and hopefully once I have all of my nodes on all my toons to test with, I'll be able to narrow it down to the actual culprit.
This might save you a bit of time

_NPCScan
Archy
Ask Mr. Robot
Auctioneer
BeanCounter
Enchantrix
Garrison Mission Manager
GatherMate2Data
Glamour
MogIt
OmniCC
Postal
Prat 3.0
Quest Completist
Routes

These are the same addons i have that you have that have not been tested (sounds odd, hope it make scence)

I agree with the flashing map while in the mine, and I can confirm it still happens on a lvl3 mine.

Thanks for the time to test this issue

12-01-14, 11:30 PM   #533
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I've noticed that quests you select not to track are automatically retracked on log in. That is, everything is tracked again. EDIT: Ok so this isn't exactly true, it's more frequent than that, I'm not sure what it is but it started retracking all the things I unselected even before logging out. I think the garrison is doing it somehow but I'm not sure. EDIT: Ok it seems to happen after hearthing to your garrison, I think.

I've also noticed that when you hearth back to your garrison, all your complete missions will 'recomplete' themselves, spamming the chat and giving a really loud Quest Complete! sound.

Sometimes quest items - the item that appears next to the quest on the tracker - stick after the quest is done too, even once handed in.

Last edited by Ghosthree3 : 12-02-14 at 12:49 AM.

12-02-14, 01:14 AM   #534
BearGriz72
A Murloc Raider

Smile ETA on Public Release?

Hey, First of I want to say thank you to Rythal et. al. for for their work on this add-on!

Just out of curiosity, I know there was talk of a public release a few days ago. Is there any ETA on a push to WoWInterface and Curse? I have downloaded the current build from GitHub, but I do like the automatic updating of the Curse Client and it irritates me that Carbonite gets flack as an 'inactive' add-on when it is still clearly under continued development.

Anyway, Thanks again!

--
BearGriz72

12-02-14, 01:59 AM   #535
edcaguy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Notes on map

Anyone know why when my mouse is not over my map I get one note and when its over the carbonite map there more? So I don't get lost I pet notes everyplace. Especially with tomtom I can make a macro to hit all the lumber resources laying about and picking up work orders.

Figured it out. I see now under notes some notes are listed under Frostwall and otheres in Frostfire Ridge

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120214_015503.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	8335

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120214_015507.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	8336

Last edited by edcaguy : 12-02-14 at 02:22 AM.

12-02-14, 02:37 AM   #536
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ask Mr. Robot
Enchantrix
OmniCC
Postal
Prat 3.0

I can take out because I've no problem with

I would suggest

NPC-Scan because of an old Plugin for Carbonite 5.4

please have a look

Greetings Samyonair

12-02-14, 03:38 AM   #537
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
_NPCScan

Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
NPC-Scan because of an old Plugin for Carbonite 5.4
The author has refused to update his addon as long as no official release was made: http://www.wowace.com/addons/npcscan...-of-carbonite/

He'll update when there's an official alpha version. As we developers say: release early and often - maybe it's time to roll up an alpha. What do you think, Rythal?

12-02-14, 04:08 AM   #538
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
I get that spam whenever a guildie signs on who is on a different realm in a merged real environment. I do not have carbonite installed, waiting (and waiting) for a release version.

12-02-14, 04:20 AM   #539
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Meganbtoo View Post
I get that spam whenever a guildie signs on who is on a different realm in a merged real environment. I do not have carbonite installed, waiting (and waiting) for a release version.
This is an issue that is know to me and yes it is anoying... i have my own fix for this, ill push it to git today.

12-02-14, 06:47 AM   #540
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I've had this a few times too. I think it's Recount because I've had Carbonite off a few times where I think it's happened. Can't say for sure as I can't really remember. The spam is pretty intense though.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch