11-24-18, 02:06 PM   #1
kngslc
A Kobold Labourer
Lightbulb Making a pixel perfect UI on 2560x1440 resolution?

I have for quite a while been annoyed with how my UI is setup with a lot of weakauras and such being in weird positions like 16.5 etc, and i've started looking into UI scale, currently i'm using ElvUI which has the default "Lowest allowed UI scale" on 0.64, and to make it as close as pixel perfect i would have to make that scale 0.53333333.

Is there a way i can make my UI look the exact same again after changing the slider? When i change to 0.5333 everything turns really small which is no surprise, but how can i scale everything in my UI up to how it were before so it looks the exact same? Any math or anything i can do to calculate this?

And this is all i have to do to make the pixel perfect ui right? Just change the slider from 0.64 to 0.53333 and leave the wow default slider turned off? :-)

Any help much appreciated!
11-24-18, 10:54 PM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What I do:
Lua Code:
  1. SetCVar('useuiscale', 1)
  2. SetCVar('uiscale', 1)
  3. local _, height = GetPhysicalScreenSize()
  4. UIParent:SetScale(768 / height)

Then if you feel like something is too small to read (like the default windows), you scale them up one-by-one, maybe something like this:
Lua Code:
  1. for _, frame in next, {
  2.     'CharacterFrame',
  3.     'TradeFrame',
  4.     -- etc
  5. } do
  6.     _G[frame]:SetScale(1.5)
  7. end
11-29-18, 06:53 PM   #3
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kngslc View Post
I have for quite a while been annoyed with how my UI is setup with a lot of weakauras and such being in weird positions like 16.5 etc, and i've started looking into UI scale, currently i'm using ElvUI which has the default "Lowest allowed UI scale" on 0.64, and to make it as close as pixel perfect i would have to make that scale 0.53333333.

Is there a way i can make my UI look the exact same again after changing the slider? When i change to 0.5333 everything turns really small which is no surprise, but how can i scale everything in my UI up to how it were before so it looks the exact same? Any math or anything i can do to calculate this?

And this is all i have to do to make the pixel perfect ui right? Just change the slider from 0.64 to 0.53333 and leave the wow default slider turned off? :-)

Any help much appreciated!
I run ElvUI and yes you need to do that. You want the lowest allowed UI to be 0.53.

Once that is done you will have to adjust your UI; change your sizes etc. Once you do it will be pixel perfect going forward.

I did the same thing; I was for the longest time running with UI scale for 1080 monitor and when I made jump to 0.53 it was much better. I had easier time lining things up and such. It did suck having to resize my whole UI but it was worth it in the end.

I would do it all over again if I had to.
05-31-21, 03:26 PM   #4
Felplacerad
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
What I do:
Lua Code:
  1. SetCVar('useuiscale', 1)
  2. SetCVar('uiscale', 1)
  3. local _, height = GetPhysicalScreenSize()
  4. UIParent:SetScale(768 / height)

Then if you feel like something is too small to read (like the default windows), you scale them up one-by-one, maybe something like this:
Lua Code:
  1. for _, frame in next, {
  2.     'CharacterFrame',
  3.     'TradeFrame',
  4.     -- etc
  5. } do
  6.     _G[frame]:SetScale(1.5)
  7. end

I know this is a bump but i would like to know how to make this work even after a reload. As soon as i reload the game the settings goes back to default.
05-31-21, 07:11 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Put it into an addon or macro
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-01-21, 09:10 AM   #6
Felplacerad
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Put it into an addon or macro
I'v put together an addon for the function but when i do /reload or load in to a new instance the function is not loaded. I assume i need to load the function on player login or world entry but unsure how that is done.

So to clarify, when i first enter the game the function works like a charm but when i load in to a BG or do a reload the addon does not keep it's settings.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Making a pixel perfect UI on 2560x1440 resolution?