02-13-08, 04:56 AM   #1
Pfeifer
A Defias Bandit
Change the action icons texture.

Hi,
i have a slow computer and have some problem with interface texture loading. To slove my problem i want to modify the texture of the action icon, such as spell for example.
Can you say me a easy way to load a new icon to replace the default one into wow?
thanks
02-13-08, 02:11 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First, you want to get the interface addon kit @ http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21466. Extra the art. Next you will want to find the texture you want to replace. If it's an action bar icon you want to replace, for time's sake go to wowhead and type in the spell. When you get to the spell, shift click (I think) on it's icon and a dialog box should pop up. Copy the text in that box and do a search for spellnamehere.blp. Next download BLP2PNG here and convert the spell to a png. Open it up in photoshop and edit it to your like (keep the some dimensions though). Next, in your
Code:
world of warcraft\interface\
make a new folder with the name of the images original folder name as the new one's. Place the reconverted image in that folder and start wow and the icon should be replace if you did everything correctly.

Hope that helps.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Change the action icons texture.