06-17-09, 06:12 PM   #1
Abruhh
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite map...everything flashes...

Okay this is ticking me off because I have to disable carbonite because the minimap thing and the map and everything carbonite related flashes quickly to white then back to normal every 2 seconds and when I right click a name to inspect it makes the menu go away so I have to right click FAST and inspect and hope I dont press something different...

I donated for this...please fix this...

06-17-09, 06:17 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Please post your OS, what version of carb it is, what server you play on, etc.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-17-09, 06:26 PM   #3
Abruhh
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Please post your OS, what version of carb it is, what server you play on, etc.

Vista, 3.13, Aerie Peak Alliance.

06-17-09, 06:38 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you updated your video card drivers?

06-17-09, 06:50 PM   #5
Abruhh
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Have you updated your video card drivers?

Are you sure this would have anything to do with this problem?

It's hard to explain whats going on and I don't know how to explain it to well.

Go ahead and blink your eyes, thats basically what I'm seeing on everything carbonite related, the annoying part about it is that when I right click someone or me to inspect/compare achievements/trade/ect when it "Blinks" the menu goes away. It blinks every 1-2 seconds so I have to right click very fast and go up and click inspect as fast as I can before it blinks again. I hope that I click the right thing aswell.. As you can see it is EXTREMELY annoying.

BTW I don't think I have.

06-18-09, 10:52 AM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I cannot say for absolute certain that it will fix the issue, but I do know for certain that the game itself is highly dependent on updated display drivers. If you have those updated, then you can rule those out as being the cause and move on to the next troubleshooting step.

Last edited by Petrah : 06-18-09 at 10:56 AM.

06-19-09, 03:29 PM   #7
Joram
A Murloc Raider
I have the same problem, but only when i'm in an instance. i don't think it's display driver related.

06-19-09, 04:37 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Joram View Post
I have the same problem, but only when i'm in an instance. i don't think it's display driver related.
As I've stated before, it's no guarantee. However, 9 times out of 10 flashing graphics in a game is indicative of needing to update your display drivers.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...d=1&pageNo=1#7

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...18872863&sid=1

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...74309205&sid=1

There's hundreds more threads about this, but I'm too lazy to link them all.

Last edited by Petrah : 06-19-09 at 04:40 PM.

06-20-09, 01:01 AM   #9
Joram
A Murloc Raider
I've found the cause. Apparantly it is the SilverDragon addon. When I disable it everything works fine while in an instance.

06-22-09, 03:36 PM   #10
MPetz
A Murloc Raider
i noticed that WinterTime (timer for wintergrasp with some gimmicks) also interferes with the carbonite map, all other lands flash while mouseover except the one you are in on the carbonite map if you have Wintertime.
i also have Silverdragon for some days now, and noticed the same thing in instances. but for some reason it stoped, now everything is alright though i still have silverdragon and carbonite at the same time.

07-13-09, 08:00 PM   #11
TuRfYMaN
A Kobold Labourer
I just installed WinterTime yesterday and noticed this exact same issue today. When I mouse over a different part of the map, it "flashes".

07-13-09, 08:25 PM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I have WinterTime installed and do not have any flashing issues with the Carbonite maps.

07-18-09, 11:00 PM   #13
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Weird map behavior will often be caused by an addon conflict.

Disable all other addons and test. If OK, then enable a few at a time until the conflicting addon is discovered.

07-19-09, 09:33 AM   #14
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is something that doesn't appear right away after you install Wintertime (at least it didn't for me)... Wintertime has a countdown timer. Each tick of a second from that timer causes the map to flash when you hover your mouse over it. I would think that the creator of Wintertime would need to address this.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite map...everything flashes...