05-26-10, 11:49 PM   #1
Aelorean
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Causing problems with "Automatic Quest Progress Updates" Setting?

After installing Carbonite, I have had a problem with the in-game setting "Interface->Objectives!->Automatic Quest Progress Updates". I continually set it to TRUE; however, every time I restart the game, it's turned off again.

I've looked throughout the addon options and don't see anything that I can see that would affect this as it deals with TRACKING quests, not "WATCHING" quests.

Anyway, please let me know if this is a bug or if there is something that I am missing. Thanks!

05-27-10, 04:17 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Hm. If you disable carbonite, does the check in the box "stick", or does it reset itself still?

05-27-10, 08:12 PM   #3
Aelorean
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes ..I just tested it after reading your posting with these steps.

1. I was in the game with carbonite active. I "ticked" the option and disabled carbonite. I then logged out.

2. I logged back in without carbonite active. The "ticked" checkbox was saved and still ticked.

3. I enabled carbonite again and logged back out.

4. I logged back in with carbonite active, and the checkbox was unticked again.

To clarify, the checkbox in question can be found by hitting "ESC" then choosing "Interface". Then choose "Objectives!" and it's the checkbox option that reads: Automatic Quest Progress Updates

05-28-10, 12:19 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Hm. I'm not online right now, and I can't remember if Carbonite has a similar checkbox in its questing options. I'd check the options menue under all the quest-related stuff and see what I find.

05-29-10, 01:13 AM   #5
Aelorean
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The only thing I have unchecked in the Carbonite options that seems related is the option "Auto watch new quests". The reason I turn this off is because I don't want my map looking like a coloring book!

However, I *do* have the option checked (in carbonite) that states "Auto watch changed quests" ...which, seems to be basically the same one that I'm having problems with in the WoW options.

I've looked over it and I can't figure out any other setting that would seem to be related. Can you duplicate the problem yourself?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Causing problems with "Automatic Quest Progress Updates" Setting?