05-29-13, 01:46 AM   #1
shurshik
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Circle and other graphic for CombatReplay addon

Hi!

I am working on a new addon CombatReplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3EV36y4SNU

But I have problems with graphics for it (i hate graphic).

I still have to convert jpg maps to put them as a background of the frame, don't know if I'll get some problems with them.

But what I have now:
how can I create a simple circle? Is there the other way instead of taking an image and import it to the game?
I will need to create a simple line too, I didn't test it, but found this: http://wowprogramming.com/forums/development/271

Maybe you can suggest me something, or maybe someone has converted simple circle already (or something else that I could use in the addon) to share with me?
05-29-13, 02:47 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by shurshik View Post
I still have to convert jpg maps to put them as a background of the frame, don't know if I'll get some problems with them.
What maps are you using? If possible, you should use the existing in-game map art.

how can I create a simple circle? Is there the other way instead of taking an image and import it to the game?
Not really. You can do a LOT of complicated math with a bunch of tiny solid-colored texture objects, but using an image is infinitely more efficient if you just want a circle. Make it big, so you can use it at many different sizes -- scaling down looks way better than scaling up.

I will need to create a simple line too, I didn't test it, but found this: http://wowprogramming.com/forums/development/271
For simple lines you probably want to just use a simple line texture and rotate it as needed. Or, check out the DrawRouteLine function in FrameXML\TaxiFrame.lua to see how Blizzard draws the paths on the flight map.
05-29-13, 02:58 AM   #3
shurshik
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
What maps are you using? If possible, you should use the existing in-game map art.
How can I get them? I got 3 different maps to test: screenshots from air of the boss room, maps created from getting images of minimap, screenshot of the zone map (don't like it, very little boss rooms)
05-29-13, 05:03 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

You don't need to take screenshots of in-game graphics, paste them in Photoshop, and save them as new graphics. Just find the path to the graphics that the game already uses. Any map addon should have the code you need for maps.

If you actually want a screenshot of the 3D game world (not a screenshot of the map) that's a different story, and you will need to use your own images. Just make sure each dimension is a power of 2 (they don't have to be the same power of 2) and save the image as 32-bit TGA. If you're using GIMP, the default settings for exporting to TGA are appropriate for WoW graphics.
06-04-13, 10:59 AM   #5
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you need help with graphics send me a message. I can help.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Circle and other graphic for CombatReplay addon