06-03-09, 08:50 PM   #1
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

@ the Site Mods

It seems to me that on this site, there has been a lot of... negative feedback thrown at the site mods for what has been going on. Call me a brown-noser all you want, but I'm going to say what should be said anyways.

Thank you, guys. Shirik, Tristinian, and Cairenn especially have been extremely patient in fielding assassinations on their character, not squelching trolls in the name of making sure everyone has their fair say, and putting their names and hard work on the line with the release of Minion.

I appreciate your hard work and your devotion in the face of pressure and rudeness. You are valued. I have no doubt whatsoever that your hard work in conjunction with appropriate, constructive criticism and patience will result in a high-quality piece of software.

Positive feedback is positive.

06-03-09, 08:55 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Well said. And thank you for keeping some us (me ) on a tether when things start getting too hot..

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-03-09, 11:40 PM   #3
rdsully
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
suck up.

Not really. Just figured I'd say it before some moron came here and said it.

The mods here all do a wonderful job of keeping things in line and not over reacting in the face of some of the massively stupid people that show up just to attack them and not offer anything constructive at all.

Many thanks to all of you.
06-04-09, 12:48 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
It seems to me that on this site, there has been a lot of... negative feedback thrown at the site mods for what has been going on. Call me a brown-noser all you want, but I'm going to say what should be said anyways.

Thank you, guys. Shirik, Tristinian, and Cairenn especially have been extremely patient in fielding assassinations on their character, not squelching trolls in the name of making sure everyone has their fair say, and putting their names and hard work on the line with the release of Minion.

I appreciate your hard work and your devotion in the face of pressure and rudeness. You are valued. I have no doubt whatsoever that your hard work in conjunction with appropriate, constructive criticism and patience will result in a high-quality piece of software.

QFT.

Some nights i spend more time on these forums than actually playing. Im always a fan of supporting the people who support others =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-04-09, 06:24 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post

QFT and /agree. As I said in another post, the MMOUI staff have earned my respect (they did so long ago). Keep up doing whatcha you are doing.
06-04-09, 03:50 PM   #6
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You forgot Seerah, Cladhaire, and Dolby . Thanks guys, you all rock. Now that I think about it, who am I missing? I know someone is missing, I just dunno who, but I'm sure they rock too (really).

Edit: Even Iriel rocks, I knew I forgot sumbody. Where has they been, btw? I no see much of Iriel these days.

Last edited by Yhor : 06-04-09 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Forgot Iriel
06-04-09, 04:08 PM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
You forgot Seerah, Cladhaire, and Dolby . Thanks guys, you all rock. Now that I think about it, who am I missing? I know someone is missing, I just dunno who, but I'm sure they rock too (really).

Edit: Even Iriel rocks, I knew I forgot sumbody. Where has they been, btw? I no see much of Iriel these days.
pssst... Yhor!... Tristanian too!

06-04-09, 04:09 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
And Beladona.

Thanks guys and gals.
06-04-09, 04:14 PM   #9
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
pssst... Yhor!... Tristanian too!
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
And Beladona.
Trist was mentioned in the OP, Beladona was not. I failed yet again... (on my birthday no less).

Much e-love to the site and it's mods / administrators. You all should get a lifetime supply of bacon (or a pet pig if you're veggy tearians).
06-04-09, 04:18 PM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Ohhh! Happy Birthday!
06-04-09, 04:18 PM   #11
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Trist was mentioned in the OP, Beladona was not. I failed yet again... (on my birthday no less).

Much e-love to the site and it's mods / administrators. You all should get a lifetime supply of bacon (or a pet pig if you're veggy tearians).
DOH! Surely you don't expect me to go ALL the way back to the op to make sure I had my info right. Why, that would almost be worse than updating addons without... Ummm... Never mind...

(Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!)

06-04-09, 05:03 PM   #12
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Happy birthday Yhor. Look anymore like your avatar yet?

**ducks**

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-04-09, 05:16 PM   #13
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Happy birthday Yhor. Look anymore like your avatar yet?

**ducks**
I've always looked like my avatar, who doesn't?

Just a few more years 'til 40, unmarried, and quit drinking 6 years ago. I'm doomed to a life with my dogs and WoWI (don't you feel lucky?).
06-04-09, 05:17 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
hehehe

Happy Birthday
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-04-09, 05:57 PM   #15
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

While I did mention Cairenn, Shirik, and Tristinian specifically, the grateful theme of the post was directed at the whole team of site mods. I don't want anyone to feel underappreciated just because I didn't mention them by name. The idea in mentioning the three I did was that with the release of Minion, a lot of the negative feedback about Minion has been pointed at them, especially Shirik. I know when I work on something and use my time, talents, and tenacity they way Shirik did to get something workable on the table, I don't want to hear the first word of wanton negative input from anyone, and when I do, I feel quickly defeated. I have the bad habit of wearing my heart on my sleeve, and I know if I received all the gross negativity Minion and the WoWI community seems to be, I'd be hurt! So, I wanted to make sure that those three specifically knew they included in the list of targets of my AoE encouragement.

Just a few more years 'til 40, unmarried, and quit drinking 6 years ago. I'm doomed to a life with my dogs and WoWI (don't you feel lucky?).
You know, I think there is no love more consistent and less tumultuous than that shared between a man and his pup. You've made it as far as you have in life, and I think that deserves a sense of pride. I wish you all the best on your birthday! I wish for you a new frisby with which you can play with your dogs. ^^

Last edited by us2006027321 : 06-04-09 at 06:26 PM.
06-04-09, 07:54 PM   #16
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Well said!

And Happy Birthday Yhor!
06-04-09, 08:07 PM   #17
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I've always looked like my avatar, who doesn't?

Ive got a quote from you in my sig. Having you here is totally cool with me =)

Heres a little party for your birthday.

06-04-09, 08:10 PM   #18
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Ive got a quote from you in my sig. Having you here is totally cool with me =)

Heres a little party for your birthday.

I sense my ego inflating.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » @ the Site Mods