12-26-14, 07:30 PM   #1
Malakahh
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rebinding the Click To Move feature

I've recently purchased a Surface Pro tablet, and discovered that it is actually able to run WoW fairly well (on low settings, ofc).

As you might imagine, movement controls are a little awkward and so I've created a small addon able to control the camera, not unlike the thumbsticks on gamepads, which works nicely. Now I'm on to the actual movement.

As the ingame MovePad isn't able to turn the character, I turned to the Click To Move feature. Click To Move is currently bound to the right mouse button, which isn't ideal, as a tap on the screen is a left click. Having failed to find a rebind option for this, I'm now turning to see if an addon could help in any way, and if the good folks here could shed some light on that.

This could possibly achieved by using something like AutoHotKey, however, I'd really prefer doing this using the ingame interface, as I'm not convinced software like AutoHotKey is condoned by Blizzard.
12-26-14, 09:07 PM   #2
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Malakahh View Post
I've recently purchased a Surface Pro tablet, and discovered that it is actually able to run WoW fairly well (on low settings, ofc).

As you might imagine, movement controls are a little awkward and so I've created a small addon able to control the camera, not unlike the thumbsticks on gamepads, which works nicely. Now I'm on to the actual movement.

As the ingame MovePad isn't able to turn the character, I turned to the Click To Move feature. Click To Move is currently bound to the right mouse button, which isn't ideal, as a tap on the screen is a left click. Having failed to find a rebind option for this, I'm now turning to see if an addon could help in any way, and if the good folks here could shed some light on that.

This could possibly achieved by using something like AutoHotKey, however, I'd really prefer doing this using the ingame interface, as I'm not convinced software like AutoHotKey is condoned by Blizzard.
Wait, you can run WoW on a tablet? Cool. The rule of thumb is one action, one press. AutoHotKey is OK as long as you do not use it for OMGIWINWTFBBQ. That and using it to move would be against TOU AFAIK.
12-26-14, 11:45 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by rocnroll View Post
... using it to move would be against TOU AFAIK.
Using it to move automatically, or issue multiple movement commands per actual tap action, would be against the TOU.

However, simply using it to remap LeftButton to RightButton would not be against the TOU, since you would still have a 1:1 ratio of hardware events to actions per WoW instance that require hardware events. (Yes, it's also okay to use AutoHotkey to send a single hardware event to multiple WoW instances -- as long as each WoW instance only receives one event per physical keypress/click/tap you're good.)
12-27-14, 03:07 AM   #4
Malakahh
An Aku'mai Servant
Alright, thanks for the clarification. I'll try my luck with AHK

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Rebinding the Click To Move feature