04-06-09, 02:40 PM   #1
Drogo45
A Defias Bandit

Displaying Unexplored Areas

Cheers All!

When I have Carbonite Map open it will display the unexplored areas only when I have my mouse over the zone I am in. When the mouse is elsewhere, the whole zone shows as completely explored.

What I would like is to have the zone I am in to display the unexplored areas (tinted a different color - which it does when I mouse the zone) at all times, even without mousing over.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

04-06-09, 02:50 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You should be able to change this by right clicking on the map, choose "Show..." then check/uncheck the box marked show explored to suit your preference

04-06-09, 05:24 PM   #3
Drogo45
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
You should be able to change this by right clicking on the map, choose "Show..." then check/uncheck the box marked show explored to suit your preference
Yes, this shows all the unexplored areas - however, what I want is that the unexplored areas are visible but have a different color to them.... The only way I can do this is have the "show unexplored" NOT checked and then mouse over the zone.... I would like it so that I don't need to mouse over the zone, but still show the unexplored areas in the tinted color....

I don't know if I'm doing a good job explaining this

04-06-09, 05:33 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Gotcha, you must be going after "The Explorer" title or trying to make it easier to get later on As far as I've seen, there's no option to change the Unexplored Area/Zone tint color. It may be hard coded into the map, but Lua code is pretty much Greek to me so I couldn't tell you there.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

08-19-09, 05:07 AM   #5
vAzNKNiGHT
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This maybe a little glitch in the script, but I was able to get it to work when it didn't before.

I just right-clicked on the map, select Show » Show Unexplored Area. I left that option on, looked at the Carbonite map (M) then look at the default map (Alt+M). I then went back to uncheck the 'Show Unexplored Area' tick again and it works just like you mentioned above.

Hope that helps you.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Displaying Unexplored Areas