12-30-14, 12:07 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Lightbulb Suggestion: Move these 'Stickys' to the main forum

Shouldn't these important Stickys be placed at the top of the Main Forum instead of inside the General Dissusion forum, with a prominent "READ ME FIRST before posting" notice.

The last 3 Stickys may help new visitors to learn important issues before posting new, redundant questions, comments, etc.

This is just a suggestion. Delete it if it's not applicable nor desirable.

Last edited by Kreelor : 12-30-14 at 12:33 AM. Reason: The last 3 stickys...
12-30-14, 01:08 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons

As u can see ^^ they are at bottom of forums so no one will find them, so i think better here in General Discussion.
12-30-14, 02:05 AM   #3
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

I' don't Know why they are there, but I have posted stickys in General Discussion or in Main Addon, and the Ones with Known Issuses are doubled in General Discussion, and in Carbonite Main, Ircdirk feel free to move them to a better place if You want

Greetings Samyonair
12-30-14, 04:56 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
I' don't Know why they are there, but I have posted stickys in General Discussion or in Main Addon, and the Ones with Known Issuses are doubled in General Discussion, and in Carbonite Main, Ircdirk feel free to move them to a better place if You want

Greetings Samyonair
Thats becouse they are both separate and other threads:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50782
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50856

Leave only one and in General Discussion make premanent redirection.

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-30-14 at 05:07 AM.
12-30-14, 04:59 AM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

The other way, would be making another sub forum like "READ THIS FIRST" and there put those stickes.

But i think it would be better to add description to General Discussion like "READ STICKY THREADS FIRST" in red color. But that is to Rythal as we dont have rights to do it.
12-30-14, 08:37 AM   #6
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Redierection doesn't work with stickies, because of that i habe doublicated the thread for better Information Greetings samyonair
12-30-14, 08:49 AM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
Redierection doesn't work with stickies, because of that i habe doublicated the thread for better Information Greetings samyonair
Works I did moved one of this topics, then set stickiness to this "Moved:" thread
12-30-14, 11:57 AM   #8
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by ircdirk
As u can see ^^ they are at bottom of forums so no one will find them, so i think better here in General Discussion.
I removed your graphic from this reply, but it showed a Sticky at the bottom of the Main Carbonite forum. I see no such Sticky when I view the Main Carbonite forum?

My suggestion was to have the 3 Sticky's "locked into position" at the TOP of the Main forum (above the sub-forums) so that they would be noticeable by any new users. Maybe it's how my wowinterface forum settings are configured? I don't know.

EDITED: 12/30/2014 - 12:40PM (Pacific)
"locked into position" should be "Pinned" -- immovable at the top.

Last edited by Kreelor : 12-30-14 at 02:39 PM. Reason: "locked into position" should be "Pinned"
12-30-14, 12:53 PM   #9
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
I removed your graphic from this reply, but it showed a Sticky at the bottom of the Main Carbonite forum. I see no such Sticky when I view the Main Carbonite forum?

My suggestion was to have the 3 Sticky's "locked into position" at the TOP of the Main forum (above the sub-forums) so that they would be noticeable by any new users. Maybe it's how my wowinterface forum settings are configured? I don't know.
U dont see it couse its not there any more.

And there is no way on wowinterface to have post before (at the top) of subforums.
12-30-14, 01:30 PM   #10
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
U dont see it couse its not there any more.

And there is no way on wowinterface to have post before (at the top) of subforums.
If the webmaster knew what he/she was doing, it could be done. It's not that hard to do. Many, many other websites do it as a common procedure, since it only makes sense to offer pertinent or important information first! Oh, well. There are many other bizarre issues I've found with wowinterface forums. Even the Carbonite section ("Change Log") on wowinterface has never been updated to reflect Rythal's "Live version." Wowinterface is still showing the most recent Change Log from version 5.1.6! It is defunct at this point! Does that mean that Rythal has done nothing since then? And, even worse... the Change Log doesn't even include Time and Date stamps. Therefore, nobody knows if the change took place 2 hours ago or 2 years ago!
12-30-14, 06:43 PM   #11
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If the webmaster knew what he/she was doing, it could be done. It's not that hard to do. Many, many other websites do it as a common procedure, since it only makes sense to offer pertinent or important information first! Oh, well. There are many other bizarre issues I've found with wowinterface forums.
You could always suggest changes to Dolby and the Powers That Be over in the Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions forum.

Even the Carbonite section ("Change Log") on wowinterface has never been updated to reflect Rythal's "Live version." Wowinterface is still showing the most recent Change Log from version 5.1.6! It is defunct at this point! Does that mean that Rythal has done nothing since then?
The Change Logs are edited by the Author of the addons, not the site Admins.
12-31-14, 08:09 AM   #12
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Vis
You could always suggest changes to Dolby and the Powers That Be over in the Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions forum.
Thanks, Vis. The Carbonite forum is not mine. I'm just a user of it, trying to offer suggestions to hopefully improve it in various ways. Therefore, it would be inappropriate for me to contact 'the Powers That Be'.

Originally Posted by Vis
The Change Logs are edited by the Author of the addons, not the site Admins.
Woops!

You cleared up these two points for me. Thanks.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Suggestion: Move these 'Stickys' to the main forum