Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-11-16, 02:42 PM   #1
_Max_Cavalera_
A Fallenroot Satyr

Learning, need help

Hey guys,

I started a little addon for educational purposes. I'm trying to do everything I can for my self because that's the way I usually learn best, but I just hit a strange wall.

My addon is working as intended... when it works.... because some times it just ignores the events that start it up so... it just doesn't work until one of the other events hits.

I'm sure i'm making a huge mistake somewhere, as I said, I'm just learning, it's my first ever try.

My intention isn't really for anyone to fix it, just to give me some hints on what I'm doing wrong so I can learn

Thank you

edit:. Oh btw, in case you use the addon to see how it looks, that's not at all how it's gonna look, I just made 2 lines of info available to test out if it was "printing" what I wanted xD This is a VERY early stage addon.

edit:. I completely forgot to say that the event that seems to be some times ignored is only the initial one, in my case the PLAYER_LOGIN.
I also tried PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD and have the same problem, some times it works, some times it doesn't.

I've seen it happen on the PLAYER_SPECIALIZATION_CHANGED but it's VERY rare, but it's probably from the same reason.

The rest of them seem to work well every time, every time I use an artifact power item I look at the addon and it seems to always update instantly to that event.

Last edited by _Max_Cavalera_ : 01-17-17 at 01:49 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Learning, need help