09-14-07, 11:56 AM   #1
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
Unit Frame Threat Addon

First off im a holy priest and recently gave Grid a try. I didnt like it as it didnt offer me much extra to my unit frames.

One thing i did like was the fact it puts a little red dot on whoever has aggro, this is very useful to start a heal before they even get hit (being a priest my heals take time).

Basically, what i am looking for is an addon that just gives me a movable bar/symbol above each of my party members unit frames (maybe pets too but im not too bothered about them) that will just show up whenever that person has aggro. Just a little red circle that only appears when they have aggro would be great.

I know some UF have this built it but i currently use mazzle and love every other aspect except that DUF doesnt include this function.

I imagine it would be relatively simple to make and i had ago but im afraid wow addons are above my mere A level in computing.

If anyone knows where i can get an addon that i can make symbols and bind them to the party members or if anyone can make me something like this, that would be great.

Sorry if this doesnt make much sense.

Thanks
Loth
09-14-07, 12:19 PM   #2
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

While Omen is not exactly what you may be looking for it does provide this informations as well your own threat.
09-14-07, 04:20 PM   #3
robthedude
Don't Panic

When I started a warrior, a while back, I was using TankAlert

When I went back to my priest I still had it enabled and found it very useful, especially for knowing when to bubble those damned mages...

What do you mean 'overnuking'?

09-15-07, 02:18 AM   #4
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Omen will tell you when you pass someone's threat threshold which is handy, and SCT (and I think MSBT) will alert you to aggro gain and loss also.

I use XPerl which tracks party/raid aggro beautifully.

09-15-07, 06:44 AM   #5
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
I dont really want something to track aggro.

I just want a symbol to appear when that member gets aggro off any target. So i can start a heal before the mob reaches and hits them.

Grid is great for this but i dont want the rest of Grid just the little red dot.
09-15-07, 07:48 AM   #6
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the only thing that i can think of to get you what you want is ....

/drumroll

replace the unitframes in mazzle. you don't need to replace all of mazzle. DUF is going away anyway. discord is no longer being developed. and it will take a bit of configuring but you can probably match what is in mazzle with another unit frame. i use pitbull and the whole unit frame bar can turn red for whoever has aggro.

come to think of it there might even be a setting ( or a script ) you can use in DUF to add something like you want. maybe .... but again duf is a horse on it's last leg.

Doc

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Unit Frame Threat Addon