03-09-09, 10:51 PM   #1
Aurorablade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SVN newbie questions

Okay so in my locked down SVN here on WoWI(IE private save for a friend whos helping me), i have just been really been doing informal checkin and checkouts.

So as i get closer to something semi useable for my mod i think i need to start doing things more 'formally'.

I have been trying to read up on things with the TortiseSVN site and some google searching but i think i need a more gentle (Read:Smack to head) hand here.

So, Changelogs proper way to do them..i noted tsvn:Logtemplate, but i am not sure if there is another way, Also the keywords part kind of threw me, so i can add revision, date, author etc to the change logs.

Externals, i use a few ace3 and some otherlibs, i know over at curse they use .pkgmeta, and theres an svn:externals but i am just utterly utterly lost on the proper way to pull them down.

Last one is a bit of a ethics question, I have one mod that is used as a dependancy, not made by me..but i have promission to use it. However i am hestient to upload it with my mod as i do not wish to get into trouble.Is it alright were i do give credit where credit is due?

Thanks in advance for anyhelp.
03-09-09, 11:11 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
For my addons, I don't worry about the keywords or the changelog. I just enter in commit notes however I please and then copy/paste them into the changelog field for the download page. I don't use the externals feature, either (used to on the old wowace svn, but not since they moved to Curse), and I just hard embed the libraries with my addons (ie, including Ace3 when commiting to the svn). What you wish to accomplish can be done, I just either haven't done it in a while or aren't sure how.

As for your dependency question, however. You don't include it with your addon for download. You merely link to it and state that it is a dependency for your addon, and that folks need it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » SVN newbie questions