09-15-05, 02:16 PM   #1
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
GroupHeal

Group Heal

Current Version: 1.5.1

This AddOn is designed to add a healing button beside the portrait of each party member that the player can simply click on to cast a healing spell on that party member. The intention is for the mod to automatically scale the rank of healing used based on the current health of the member being targeted. Upto 3 spells per target are supported, with Priest's Lesser Heal, Heal and Greater Heal being scaled as one spell. The mod also adds an option to bind keys to each of the 15 buttons. Healing spells that are level restricted, such as Renew and Regrowth are scaled based on the target's level instead of their current health. The affects of +Healing Gear are taken into affect when choosing spell ranks, but buffs that add to healing affects such as Blessing of Light are not accounted for.

The RaidHeal extension included with this AddOn extends the capabilities of GroupHeal to the Raid environment. RaidHeal currently supports CT_RaidAssist, Nymbia's Perl Unitframes and the default Blizzard Raid UI.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=3919

Comments and Suggestions are welcome.

Please take advantage of my new WoWI portal site at http://jbcc.wowinterface.com/ I will be using this site from now on to track feature requests and bug reports.

Please do not tell me that other AddOns already do exactly the same thing (in a fashion that suggests there is no point to my efforts). This is my AddOn and I have designed it primarily around my own needs. I am sharing it with you all out of the goodness of my own heart.

Features implemented in this version:
  • French and German Spell data translations (UI has yet to be translated)
  • Weakened Soul indication on PW:S buttons now takes the form of a 15 second, target specific, cooldown

Features that will be in the next major version:
  • button size settings

Features Currently Under Development:
  • button position settings
  • Minimum and Maximum Rank Options for each spell
  • click casting
  • target buttons for Friendly Targets who are not in your Party/Raid Group

Last edited by Esamynn : 06-20-06 at 12:27 AM. Reason: minor version release
10-02-05, 03:39 PM   #2
fatechosenone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wonder if youd consider putting the shielding button in the group heal "bar" beside the icon. Shielding is an essential part of keeping your party alive

Otherwise i love it.
10-02-05, 04:32 PM   #3
Random
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Finally a *good* replacement for BeneCast! My only suggestions would be to add support for curing dieseases, posions, etc... and Buffs too. Ok...Basically, just make it BeneCast but working!

Im a druid so the spells I'd like to see have support for this are...

Code:
BUFFS
------------------
Mark of the Wild
Gift of the Wild
Thorns Aura

CURING SPELLS
------------------
Remove Curse
Abolish Poison
Cure Poison

HEALING
------------------
Rejuvenation
Healing Touch
Regrowth
Tranquility

OTHER
-----------------
Rebirth (Don't really care about this one, just a nice bonus)
10-02-05, 10:17 PM   #4
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Random
Finally a *good* replacement for BeneCast! My only suggestions would be to add support for curing dieseases, posions, etc... and Buffs too. Ok...Basically, just make it BeneCast but working!

Im a druid so the spells I'd like to see have support for this are...
For the moment, I have no plans to include any curing/buffing functionality. I view GroupHeal as a Healing utility and in the interests of keep it "light-weight" it will likely remain a Healing only AddOn. Furthermore, there are already good AddOns available for tracking Buffs and for curing debuffs, so I currently do not feel the need to include these features.

Last edited by Esamynn : 02-28-06 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling
10-03-05, 12:38 PM   #5
Random
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I suppose I can always make my own modified version then =P
10-03-05, 12:50 PM   #6
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Random
I suppose I can always make my own modified version then =P
There is that, or you can look into other AddOns for this purpose. I use BuffBot for party buffs and Decursive for my curing macro. Both are easily found if you do a search on google for the AddOn name plus the string "World of Warcraf" (not in quotes when entering it into Google).

If you are going to use Decursive, or any AddOn that offers similar functionality (BuffBot also tries to, but doesn't do it as well) you might be interested in taking a look at this thread: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...p=1#post231093
10-02-05, 10:09 PM   #7
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by fatechosenone
wonder if youd consider putting the shielding button in the group heal "bar" beside the icon. Shielding is an essential part of keeping your party alive
My main is a Druid, which would probably be the main reason this hasn't made it in yet. This is an option that will probably make its way in with time, but for the moment it will likely take a back seat to other improvements.
11-30-05, 10:01 PM   #8
Tigersoul
A Kobold Labourer
Would it be possible to add in addition to the two heals available for the paladin, a click button for Cleanse as well? That would really be amazing and make this a killer mod for paladins all around, I love it because I never have to switch targets and can OT mobs while watching my party's health. I have to use cleanse all the time, but have to switch targets or use way to many steps to get it accomplished, a Cleanse button option in group heal would do the trick. Thanks vm for your time and for groupheal, I'm hoping you may be able to mod it slightly to make it even better. =)

Thanks
12-01-05, 05:42 PM   #9
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Tigersoul
Would it be possible to add in addition to the two heals available for the paladin, a click button for Cleanse as well? That would really be amazing and make this a killer mod for paladins all around, I love it because I never have to switch targets and can OT mobs while watching my party's health. I have to use cleanse all the time, but have to switch targets or use way to many steps to get it accomplished, a Cleanse button option in group heal would do the trick. Thanks vm for your time and for groupheal, I'm hoping you may be able to mod it slightly to make it even better. =)
My intention is to keep GroupHeal focused on healing only, and I do not intend to ever include curing functionality in it. This is because I want to keep GroupHeal focused on the specific job of healing without having to worry about anything else when I am writing it. I also feel that there are better options, provided by other AddOns, for performing curing actions.

That being said, I have been thinking about writing a curing AddOn and if I do that, I will definately ensure that it plays well with GroupHeal. The only thing I can say about a time frame for this is that it will definately not happen this year, but there is always next year.
12-03-05, 12:54 PM   #10
JenoSidhe
A Defias Bandit
About Raidheal and Nymbia not playing Nicely together:

Raid Heal was included it is in its own folder it is installed and I can bring up the options to it without problems. The problem is there are no buttons shwoing anywhere. no matter the scale i use in Nymbias or where i place the frames or what setting i use in raid heal the buttons are never visible. I do have the newest version of Nymbia also so mayb e that is the problem.
12-03-05, 04:47 PM   #11
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the RaidHeal settings open as well as a few of the Perl Raid group frames visible?
12-03-05, 09:02 PM   #12
JenoSidhe
A Defias Bandit
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...305_214508.jpg
raid panel no options

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...305_214930.jpg
raid panel opne by default

I have tried every option possible with both raidheal and w/ nymbia to no avail they never show up. They stay in the party panel if i chose for it to be there.

I do have CT_Raidassist if that may be the problem but i have tried at least 3 different versions of CTRA also to no avail

So far i am trying to use groupbuttons but yours is a much simpler and much easier option if i can get it to work
06-26-06, 05:31 PM   #13
Nashta
A Kobold Labourer
I love this mod, has really helped my healing for BWL.

Is there anyway that when only in a group the casting time comments can be taken out. I find myself using my hotkeys when I'm in a group so I don't annoy my groupmates with all the healing spam.

Thanks
06-26-06, 08:02 PM   #14
Dixon Butz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Type /groupheal to open GroupHeal's settings window
06-27-06, 05:45 PM   #15
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Nashta
I love this mod, has really helped my healing for BWL.

Is there anyway that when only in a group the casting time comments can be taken out. I find myself using my hotkeys when I'm in a group so I don't annoy my groupmates with all the healing spam.

Thanks
I had forgotten that that option was enabled by default. I will change the default setting for all "spoken" heal notifications to disabled in the next version.
12-16-05, 07:15 PM   #16
Nahkohe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Great mod - one request :) and one question

Love the mod.

One request - an option to report the spell cast to yourself or a channel similar to what BestBuff does. That way I can easily see what rank spell has been cast and tweak the mana saver level correspondingly.

One question - there are three sets of options for the 3 druid spells, player, group, target. It's obvious what the first two do but what about the third ? When I click on a friendly target the three icons don't appear so what do these options do ?

Nahkohe

Last edited by Nahkohe : 12-16-05 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Add more info ...
12-17-05, 04:22 AM   #17
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
One request - an option to report the spell cast to yourself or a channel similar to what BestBuff does. That way I can easily see what rank spell has been cast and tweak the mana saver level correspondingly.
I will add this to my list of things to do. It shouldn't be a tough option to add in.

One question - there are three sets of options for the 3 druid spells, player, group, target. It's obvious what the first two do but what about the third ? When I click on a friendly target the three icons don't appear so what do these options do ?
Currently the target buttons only appear if your target is a member of your group or raid. My intention is to expand their functionality to include all friendly players, but the mana conservation feature will not activate for non-group members.
01-11-06, 01:13 PM   #18
PepperNoodles
A Kobold Labourer
The simplicity of this addon is what makes it golden. The only thing I'd like to be changed is to have the Power Word: Shield icon added (like someone else already mentioned). Aside from that I think it's fookin' perfect. Please don't retire.

Last edited by PepperNoodles : 01-12-06 at 10:04 AM.
01-13-06, 11:02 AM   #19
Meltin
A Defias Bandit
I think this mode is really great, though, i just found a bug :P

i don't know why but it only affects the first player in your party, i'll give you a screenie :P

hope you know how to fix this
01-13-06, 11:16 AM   #20
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Meltin
I think this mode is really great, though, i just found a bug :P

i don't know why but it only affects the first player in your party, i'll give you a screenie :P
hope you know how to fix this
Thanks for the post, do you have any more details about this? Such as what conditions it occurs under, etc. I don't recall ever seeing a problem like this and I can't come up with anything that would cause it to be Priest specific.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » GroupHeal