03-21-06, 12:05 PM   #101
katana
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by jbcc
Thanks for the offer katana. Currently I have setup the localisation for spell names for both the French and German versions. The localisations are untested however, so I have been looking for someone to try them out. I will be in touch with you directly.
Great, I'll be there
03-21-06, 01:38 PM   #102
Kharzon
A Murloc Raider
Isn't this addon going bye bye with 1.10? Believe it said this type of addon was banned starting with that version?
03-21-06, 02:24 PM   #103
Hathelsay
A Fallenroot Satyr
No addons will be "banned". Only certain functions used by some addons will be disabled and in turn, the addons in violation will be disabled. The only thing this addon has to worry about is the mana conservation functions.

I believe the author has already commented that he is prepared to make the necessary changes.
03-21-06, 05:30 PM   #104
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Hathelsay
No addons will be "banned". Only certain functions used by some addons will be disabled and in turn, the addons in violation will be disabled. The only thing this addon has to worry about is the mana conservation functions.

I believe the author has already commented that he is prepared to make the necessary changes.
Something else to note. When the test server originally went live, the "Illegal Action" message was being displayed not only for AddOns that tried to call movement functions, but also when a script "accidentally" tried to call a function that required a hardware event (without having been initiated by a hardware event). This has since changed so that even if I left the Mana Conservation feature as is, it would simply fail silently.
03-21-06, 06:58 PM   #105
Grubek
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I couldnt really see in this thread anywhere, but is this compatible with Nurfed unit frames?
03-22-06, 12:54 AM   #106
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Grubek
I couldnt really see in this thread anywhere, but is this compatible with Nurfed unit frames?
Yes. The list of supported Custom Unit Frames is on the AddOn description page.
03-28-06, 12:08 PM   #107
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Version 1.5 Released

Bump for the release of Version 1.5.
03-30-06, 01:04 AM   #108
Kailef
A Fallenroot Satyr

Lightbulb DUF support?

jbcc,

First of all, great mod. I love mods that do one thing very well, and don't try to be a jack of all trades. Anyhow, on to my question: Do you think that at some point GroupHeal will support Discord Unit Frames? If that's not hard thing to add support for, it would be great. That's the only thing that held me back from usig GroupHeal in my guild's interface package. (I've been using AceHeal instead, but it's harder to use and is now broken as of 1.10) Let me know, hmm?
03-30-06, 03:38 AM   #109
katana
A Cyclonian

I agree, DUF should be supported, it is really a GREAT quality frames mod !
03-30-06, 11:59 AM   #110
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Kailef
jbcc,

First of all, great mod. I love mods that do one thing very well, and don't try to be a jack of all trades. Anyhow, on to my question: Do you think that at some point GroupHeal will support Discord Unit Frames? If that's not hard thing to add support for, it would be great. That's the only thing that held me back from usig GroupHeal in my guild's interface package. (I've been using AceHeal instead, but it's harder to use and is now broken as of 1.10) Let me know, hmm?
DUF is on my list. Currently I am working on finishing my performance enhancements (also code improvements) to ease further development. Once I have found the time to update my other AddOns for the patch, I will go back to work on GroupHeal.
04-01-06, 10:02 PM   #111
Melarina
A Murloc Raider
fix for gypsy mod

Hi, I mentioned this a few pages ago, but for the player's buttons to be positioned correctly with GypsyMod, I had to make the following changes around line 1550 in GroupHeal.lua for version 1.5 of GH:

Code:
	elseif ( IsAddOnLoaded("Gypsy_UnitBars") ) then
		--player
		PlayerButtonPosition.x = 3;
		PlayerButtonPosition.y = -2;
--              PlayerButtonPosition.point = "BOTTOMLEFT";
	        PlayerButtonPosition.point = "TOPLEFT";
		PlayerButtonPosition.relativeTo = Gypsy_PlayerFrameExpBar;
--		PlayerButtonPosition.relativePoint = "BOTTOMRIGHT";
		PlayerButtonPosition.relativePoint = "BOTTOMLEFT";
cheers, and thanks again for the great add-on.

-Mel
04-03-06, 11:25 AM   #112
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Melarina
Hi, I mentioned this a few pages ago, but for the player's buttons to be positioned correctly with GypsyMod, I had to make the following changes around line 1550 in GroupHeal.lua for version 1.5 of GH:

Code:
	elseif ( IsAddOnLoaded("Gypsy_UnitBars") ) then
		--player
		PlayerButtonPosition.x = 3;
		PlayerButtonPosition.y = -2;
--              PlayerButtonPosition.point = "BOTTOMLEFT";
	        PlayerButtonPosition.point = "TOPLEFT";
		PlayerButtonPosition.relativeTo = Gypsy_PlayerFrameExpBar;
--		PlayerButtonPosition.relativePoint = "BOTTOMRIGHT";
		PlayerButtonPosition.relativePoint = "BOTTOMLEFT";
cheers, and thanks again for the great add-on.

-Mel
My appologies, I don't know how that didn't make it in. I will be releasing a 1.5.1 version shortly to improve a couple of things, so I will look into this.

A Couple Details:
Is the PlayerFrame movable with Gypsy_UnitBars?
Could you post a link to download the current version of gypsy so that I can be sure I am using the correct version?

Thanks
04-03-06, 09:30 PM   #113
Melarina
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jbcc
My appologies, I don't know how that didn't make it in. I will be releasing a 1.5.1 version shortly to improve a couple of things, so I will look into this.
It's quite alright, I can easily fix my local copy every time a new version of GH comes out, I just thought I'd share it, since maybe there's someone else out there who might appreciate it =D

A Couple Details:
Is the PlayerFrame movable with Gypsy_UnitBars?
yes

Could you post a link to download the current version of gypsy so that I can be sure I am using the correct version?
http://gypsymod.the-mad.net
http://gypsymod.the-mad.net/?id=download

Thanks
=D

cheers,
-Mel

Last edited by Melarina : 04-03-06 at 10:59 PM.
04-04-06, 07:02 AM   #114
katana
A Cyclonian

Duf ?

Has anyone been able to integrate GroupHeal with Discord Unit Frames ? I'm currently working on my custom UI, and I'm a little sorry I've lost GroupHeal in the process
04-04-06, 10:33 AM   #115
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by katana
Has anyone been able to integrate GroupHeal with Discord Unit Frames ? I'm currently working on my custom UI, and I'm a little sorry I've lost GroupHeal in the process
Support for Discord Unit Frames is high on my list, but unfortunately things are quite busy at the moment so development is progressing more slowly than I would like.
04-08-06, 09:37 PM   #116
Samson
A Defias Bandit
Question about in and out of combat code

Hi, I'm a recent addition to the appreciators of GroupHeal and I had a question about one of the decisions you made about the which spell to cast depending whether you're in or out of combat. I do some coding myself, though I'm not too familiar with WoW modding, so please excuse me if the question is stupid and I've misread the code

I had a look in the main lua file and came across this code:

Code:
			if ( UnitAffectingCombat(unit) ) then
				i = 1;
				while ( i < maxRank and spellRanks[i]['spellLow']+(plusHealing*classSpells[spellId].healBonus[i]) < H ) do 
					i = i + 1;
				end
			else
				i = maxRank;
				while ( i > 1 and spellRanks[i]['spellHigh']+(plusHealing*classSpells[spellId].healBonus[i]) > H ) do
					i = i - 1;
				end
			end
Now, it seems to me that what this does is (if you'll excuse my pseudo code)

If you're in combat:
find the rank of spell (including bonuses) that will heal all the damage done to the target at time of casting
Else (if not in combat):
Find the rank of spell (including bonuses) that comes closest to, but does not exceed, the total damage done so far to the target

...which means that there's every chance of overhealing in combat (the exception being if damage done in casting time exceeds the overheal) - and no chance of overhealing when not in combat (unless you crit)

So my question is, wouldn't it be better if these two situations were reversed. Overhealing isn't so much of a bother out of combat, but in situations where mana counts, wouldn't it be more efficient to get a target to close to 100% health and have every mana point taking effect, rather than almost always overhealing by a little?

I have to admit, my priest has little raiding experience, so it may be this is best process (and I'm sure you've given it more consideration than I have, being only a recent convert who's merely glanced at the code), but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask the question and perhaps learn a little about why it's this way round.
04-10-06, 09:29 PM   #117
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Samson:

The underlying assumption is that in combat, the target is likely going to take some damage while the spell is being cast. Thus GroupHeal trys to compensate for this unknown factor by allowing the spell's inherent randomness to hopefully account for this. Over the last year, I have found this system to work quite well and the reality is that overhealing someone by as much as a couple hundered HP is a small price to pay for the times when they actually do take the damage and the healing is actually needed.
04-11-06, 10:53 PM   #118
Samson
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the reply, jbcc, I figured it would be something like that.

OTOH, I think it would be funky to have a user definable modifier that could effect the variable H in the code, so you could adjust over or underhealing somewhat depending on the circumstances. I added it as a possible feature request on your author portal, but it could also be a nice little hack for me to learn something about WoW modding.

I also just gave GH a bright, shiny rating, because the more I use it, the more I wonder how it did without it (not too blatant a bribe, I hope)
05-01-06, 08:44 AM   #119
Hathelsay
A Fallenroot Satyr
It's been posted as a feature request, but I would also LOVE to have blessing of protection support for party members. Saving that 1 or 2 seconds to target and find the hotkey could definately be the difference.

/signed Hathelsay

Oh yeah, still using it, still lovin it. Thanks again for the great addon.
06-20-06, 12:27 AM   #120
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
bump for the release of v1.5.1

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » GroupHeal