04-28-09, 08:58 AM   #1
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Quest helper "broke" again

Quest helper has been nothing but a problem for me in the past but I went back to it yesterday after experiencing problems getting carbonite to run properly. My problem with questhelper is and has always been it breaks. Yes thats right it breaks. I get an error message across my in game screen "Quest helper has broken" and either questhelper shuts down or these days knocks me out of the game entirely.
04-28-09, 09:03 AM   #2
TuLe
A Black Drake

Always try to update ure addons to the latest versions this tend to help and improve the relation with them...
04-28-09, 09:12 AM   #3
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Yesterdays install was a fresh download with the updates and it still broke. I ALWAYS update my add ons before I log into the game each day.
04-28-09, 09:16 AM   #4
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
It could be clashes with other add-ons. I sometimes get the message about Questhelper being broken, but then I log onto an alt, which has different addons activated, and all will be fine.
04-28-09, 09:21 AM   #5
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Do you have any idea as to what other add ons Quest helper might be having a problem with? I also run Bartender 4, fubar, deadly boss mods and the dps meter.
04-28-09, 10:31 AM   #6
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
Quest helper has been nothing but a problem for me in the past but I went back to it yesterday after experiencing problems getting carbonite to run properly. My problem with questhelper is and has always been it breaks. Yes thats right it breaks. I get an error message across my in game screen "Quest helper has broken" and either questhelper shuts down or these days knocks me out of the game entirely.
Use /qh error to get the exact error and post it here or on Curse (Curse will probably get a faster response). We can't do anything about it if you don't tell us what the error is.
04-28-09, 12:32 PM   #7
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
Use /qh error to get the exact error and post it here or on Curse (Curse will probably get a faster response). We can't do anything about it if you don't tell us what the error is.
I really don't know how to get the error message when it crashes wow the instant it breaks and totally disconnects me.
04-28-09, 02:35 PM   #8
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
I really don't know how to get the error message when it crashes wow the instant it breaks and totally disconnects me.
If it's knocking you out of the game, it is a World of Warcraft problem. Addons, no matter what they do, should not be able to crash the client. I recommend doing a repair of World of Warcraft.
05-31-09, 04:17 PM   #9
EOCHAIDD
A Kobold Labourer
"quest helper has broken" when using /qh find

...and to be on the safe side you will find my addons list and the error message.
msg: Interface\AddOns\QuestHelper\custom.lua:323: attempt to call method 'TextOut' (a nil value)
toc: 1.0.17
v: 1.0.17
game: 3.1.2
locale: enUS
timestamp: 2009-06-01 00:06:18
mutation: nil
silent: false

[C]: in function `TextOut'
Interface\AddOns\QuestHelper\custom.lua:323: in function `PerformSearch'
Interface\AddOns\QuestHelper\custom.lua:334: in function `?'
Interface\AddOns\QuestHelper\help.lua:861: in function `QuestHelper_SlashCommand'
Interface\AddOns\QuestHelper\help.lua:876: in function `value'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3353: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3052: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3073: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

addons:
Atlas, v1.14.1
AtlasBattlegrounds, v1.14.1
AtlasDungeonLocs, v1.14.1
AtlasOutdoorRaids, v1.14.1
AtlasTransportation, v1.14.1
LightHeaded, v288
Nameplates, v$Revision$
QuestHelper, v1.0.17
RecipeRadar, v1.31
TitanGuild, v5.2 (WoTLK)
TitanAmmo, v4.2.2.30100
TitanBag, v4.2.2.30100
TitanCurrency, v0.3.0
TitanGoldTracker, v4.2.2.30100
TitanHonorMarks, v2.1.6
TitanLootType, v4.2.2.30100
TitanPerformance, v4.2.2.30100
TitanRegen, v4.2.2.30100
TitanRepair, v4.2.2.30100
TitanVolume, v4.2.2.30100
Titan, v4.2.2.30100
TomTom, v216
05-31-09, 04:38 PM   #10
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
If it's knocking you out of the game, it is a World of Warcraft problem. Addons, no matter what they do, should not be able to crash the client. I recommend doing a repair of World of Warcraft.
Make sure you backup your Interface and WTF folders before you repair the client otherwise you'll have disappointment knocking at your door as soon as you login and find no addons or SavedVariables.
05-31-09, 05:42 PM   #11
Søøm
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ever clicked an unsaved item in atlasloot :P

rgds
06-03-09, 02:22 PM   #12
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Don't use atlas loot and solved the quest helper problem by ditching it. Carbonite is working much better for me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Quest helper "broke" again