10-21-09, 06:45 PM   #1
enz
A Fallenroot Satyr
Help Me!!!

Hey wow inteface!

i need some help

See the sap that i put on the mage? My target?
yeah, well thats great, and thats exactly what i want. But whenever somebody else puts a debuff on them, i dont see the cooldown, or if a mage were to iceblock, i dont see when it expires either... I only see the debuff duration of debuffs I put on my target..

ANy help how i can fix this? ive been messing and messing with xperl and nothing has worked!

thanks
10-21-09, 08:47 PM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

So which sap are you not seeing? The big honkin' aura icon under the Unitframe or the timer that you have over to the side (in duplicate)?
10-21-09, 09:35 PM   #3
enz
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
So which sap are you not seeing? The big honkin' aura icon under the Unitframe or the timer that you have over to the side (in duplicate)?
Do you want to reread my post. I said i like that, its perfect... But its only shows up for my debuffs on another player..

read!
10-21-09, 09:53 PM   #4
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
In x-perl, on the target tab, how many debuffs did you tell it to limit things to? Or the number of rows allowed to display debuffs. Double-check those settings.
10-21-09, 10:05 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Guys, he wants to see the TIME on those things.

OP: I don't recall if the API has changed (it's been a while since I've grouped with someone ) but, iirc, you cannot know the duration of something cast by another player. Not without an addon that carries a database of spells and their durations.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-21-09, 10:14 PM   #6
enz
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Guys, he wants to see the TIME on those things.

OP: I don't recall if the API has changed (it's been a while since I've grouped with someone ) but, iirc, you cannot know the duration of something cast by another player. Not without an addon that carries a database of spells and their durations.
This is a pic of my old ui. I dont want to use it though, for many reasons. But the little time on the buff came with it. And i no its possible with other addons..
heres an example

10-21-09, 10:41 PM   #7
zero-kill
A Firelord

Ah, upon re-reading it I find the error of my path in reference, I had thought your query was pointing toward them *breaking* the sap and still seeing the cooldown or something similar. Sorry

I do remember seeing the debuffs on my target having timers within the tooltip on mouse-over, maybe it is a tracking option within the unit frame after all?

Last edited by zero-kill : 10-21-09 at 10:46 PM.
10-22-09, 03:40 PM   #8
enz
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ah, upon re-reading it I find the error of my path in reference, I had thought your query was pointing toward them *breaking* the sap and still seeing the cooldown or something similar. Sorry

I do remember seeing the debuffs on my target having timers within the tooltip on mouse-over, maybe it is a tracking option within the unit frame after all?
UP!

this cant be thatttt hard!
10-22-09, 06:08 PM   #9
BWarner
A Black Drake

Wow. Pushy and insulting, are we? You do realize that nobody's getting paid to answer your question, right?

Seerah, I'm pretty sure the debuff duration is available through the Blizz API, though I'm not 100% sure of this.

The Warrior Formerly Known As Aerowyn.

http://AeroWow.com/
10-22-09, 06:09 PM   #10
enz
A Fallenroot Satyr
no its not, debuffs on yourself are, but not on others
10-22-09, 06:44 PM   #11
zero-kill
A Firelord

So by what you just said it doesn't exist - end of discussion?
10-22-09, 07:00 PM   #12
enz
A Fallenroot Satyr
So by what you just said it doesn't exist - end of discussion?
Oh my gosh, once again, REREAD.
I was talking to the post RIGHT above me.
10-22-09, 08:30 PM   #13
zero-kill
A Firelord

But what you were wanting was the answer to the solution that isn't conceivable by the explanations given, thus we are at this point of maybe having something or rather not.
10-22-09, 08:53 PM   #14
enz
A Fallenroot Satyr
But what you were wanting was the answer to the solution that isn't conceivable by the explanations given, thus we are at this point of maybe having something or rather not.
God your frustrating. I was simply pointing out that Bwarner was incorrect. Or whatever you want to call it since he wasnt sure that he was right.
10-22-09, 09:31 PM   #15
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/me looks around the thread.

On this site, we are friendly and respectful to one another...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-22-09, 09:51 PM   #16
zero-kill
A Firelord

*nods along*
10-23-09, 07:39 PM   #17
enz
A Fallenroot Satyr
loosing arenas
10-23-09, 11:47 PM   #18
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You could look in our "PVP/Arena/Battlegrounds" category to see if there is something there to fit your needs.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat96.html

10-24-09, 05:13 AM   #19
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Enz, this is nothing like your typical internet site. Here you will find people willing to bend over backward to help you solve your interface problems, but if you don't treat them with respect you'll find fewer and fewer people willing to do that. Saying things like "god, you're frustrating" and "losing arenas!" makes it sound as if you expect everyone to just give you the answers you want to hear instead of replying in an honest manner. Someone once said, God answers all prayers, but sometimes his answer isn't the one you wanted. Well, the same can be said for WoWInterface. Now try to relax a little and have a good weekend!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
10-24-09, 06:54 AM   #20
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wow Voodoo... very, very well said!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help Me!!!