02-06-12, 09:52 AM   #1
fallenkirmit
A Murloc Raider
Black Map

I am having some serious issues with Carbonite (Latest release 4.3) for the last 2 days or so. My maps are all black except for the default 3 zones that I have set to load when I mouse over them on the world map.

I have changed every single variable, setting I could possibly go through to try fix this. I have turned on and off the Shift + M battle ground default map.. still no change what so ever. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I would like to note that deleting all traces of carbonite latest version, settings in every possible settings folder for Carbonite DOES fix the issue.. but only for the first 2 minutes that I am logged in then it goes right back to the same issue.. I have attached a screenshot of exactly what I mean.

**Edit - I would like to note.. that I REALLY don't want to get rid of Carbonite.. I have grown to love it is simply a essential part of any UI that I put together! I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into maintaining such a robust addon. THANK YOU!!!

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Right click a non icon area of map, select Show and check "Show World".
I have already tried this aswell <3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_020612_084411.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	978.7 KB
ID:	6779  

Last edited by fallenkirmit : 02-06-12 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Added more information

02-06-12, 10:03 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How does your Carbonite map look if you disable all addons except Carbonite?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

02-06-12, 10:05 AM   #3
fallenkirmit
A Murloc Raider
It doesn't change at all. I have tried with Carbonite being the only addon enabled. I exited wow compltely, cleared my wow cache (both cache folders) renamed my WTF and Interface folder and just had Carbonite alone installed and 2 minutes after being logged in the map started to bug out again.. I dunno whats up at all..
I also have all the latest drivers for all components of my computer.

02-06-12, 10:39 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

While on the character selection screen, in the "AddOns" window, what version of Carbonite is shown? Also, when you get in-game, open Carbonites options window. What version is listed on the top of that window?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-06-12 at 11:40 PM.

02-06-12, 10:40 PM   #5
fallenkirmit
A Murloc Raider
Both versions say Carbonite 4.3

02-06-12, 11:47 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, I'm at a loss to explain why Carbonite is doing that for you. Sorry. I've just never had that happen, and I don't remember seeing that problem before on the forums.

Just a thought: What OS are you using, and what is the install path to Wow.exe?

02-06-12, 11:50 PM   #7
fallenkirmit
A Murloc Raider
I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Professional. The Installation path is set to its on physical drive which is E:/World Of Warcraft

02-07-12, 12:37 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I see that you are using LUI, and there was another problem with Carbonite and LUI that was posted by a couple of other users of both. Try disabling the minimap module in LUI. That fixed the other problem (cursor got "stuck" on the Carbonite map after dragging), so maybe you could try that.

Otherwise:

You might have gotten a "bad overwrite" or your Carbonite saved variables might have become corrupted. Try manually deleting all of the Carbonite folders in the AddOns folder. There are four: Carbonite, CarboniteItems, CarboniteNodes and CarboniteTransfer. Then go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. There are more Carbonite files there and you can delete them if you want to, but the two I mentioned are the most important ones to delete. They contain all of Carbonites set up information for all of your characters, so everything Carbonite you see in-game is going to be reset. There are also Carbonite files in every characters' "SavedVariables" folder (Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\ServerName\CharacterName\SavedVariables\, and you can check them (they can be opened with Notepad), or delete them if you want, but they should contain only flight points known to that character. If you choose to delete them they will be rebuilt the next time you start WoW.

The only other thing I can think of is that you might have more than one installation of WoW and you might be updating the wrong addons. You can find the proper WoW by right clicking the desktop WoW icon and choosing "Properties" in the menu. and see where the "Target:" is set to. You can also choose "Open file location" from the right click menu to go directly to that WoW folder. It's a long shot, but it's been known to happen.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-07-12 at 01:18 PM.

02-09-12, 04:31 AM   #9
FreeSoul123
A Murloc Raider
I have the same problem but only when im using 64 bit version of WOW.
when im choosing 32 bit WOW, everything is ok

02-11-12, 11:11 PM   #10
darkfez
A Kobold Labourer
Im also having the same problem on wow64 bit version

02-14-12, 12:10 AM   #11
Bakur
A Defias Bandit
Same issue here with 64-bit WoW client, and like FreeSoul123 no issue with 32-bit client.

Last edited by Bakur : 02-14-12 at 12:12 AM.

02-14-12, 03:43 PM   #12
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I just installed the 64 bit WoW "client" and found Carbonite to act normally. Try running Carbonite as the only enabled addon and see how the map looks.

02-15-12, 06:31 AM   #13
FreeSoul123
A Murloc Raider
with only carbonite addon active on x64 WOW i have still the same problem

02-15-12, 08:40 AM   #14
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by FreeSoul123 View Post
with only carbonite addon active on x64 WOW i have still the same problem
Hmmmm. Try resetting Carbonite by going to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and renaming or deleting the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. Please be aware that this will completely reset your Carbonite installation back to default for ALL of your characters. That is because those two files contain all of Carbonites set up information for all of your characters.

It is entirely possible that those files have become corrupted, and that's the only way to "repair" them.

02-16-12, 11:42 AM   #15
FreeSoul123
A Murloc Raider
Ty its ok now... but i hope i wont have a lot to configure again...

02-16-12, 12:19 PM   #16
FreeSoul123
A Murloc Raider
REWIND... was ok... ive just changed minimap display settings like fade in and out and in ... and few other things with it and again i have black map...

when my fade out transparency is set to 100 my full map is black... minimap is ok
when its 0 my minimap is ok but full is black -> transparent

when its set to 99 its ok

Last edited by FreeSoul123 : 02-16-12 at 12:34 PM.

02-16-12, 01:35 PM   #17
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, that is odd, but I'm glad to hear that you have gotten Carbonites map working for you again.

02-22-12, 01:49 PM   #18
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by FreeSoul123 View Post
I have the same problem but only when im using 64 bit version of WOW.
when im choosing 32 bit WOW, everything is ok
The 64 bit version of WoW is "not ready for prime time" and it has a LOT of issues. Don't run it.

03-09-12, 10:53 AM   #19
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
The 64 bit version of WoW is "not ready for prime time" and it has a LOT of issues. Don't run it.
where did you get that info form..
yes it's still beta with wow64.. so yes you get bugs.
if people don't test it. then wow64 will never come to the big picture if you know what I mean. so plz don't tell people not to run it.

07-23-12, 12:24 PM   #20
Botex
A Defias Bandit
Fixed

1- Open carbonite Map
2- Right click anywhere on map and hover mouse to "SHOW..." and click
3- Make sure the box "SHOW WORLD" is checked.
4- have fun

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Black Map