08-17-17, 09:17 PM   #1
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Development Environment

I've read the threads about what editors people prefer and besides Notepad ++, I'm trying out Visual Studio Code and eventually take a look at Sublime.

I know a lot of authors use GitHub, do you guys use the desktop client? What about versioning, what tools do you use for that? I'm trying to set up a working environment for writing addons whether for personal use or for publishing here.
08-18-17, 12:07 AM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Under SublimeText I use (and contribute to) a plugin to integrate Git, then use Git tags for versioning (scheme differs based on project, SemVer is a good idea).
For publishing I use CurseForge's packager and my proxy, although something like BigWigs's packager running under TravisCI works well too (we use that for oUF).

Afaik, VSCode has built-in Git/GitHub support.

Last edited by p3lim : 08-18-17 at 12:10 AM.
08-24-17, 02:26 AM   #3
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
For publishing I use CurseForge's packager and my proxy
I'm glad I decided to start using these forums again. I tend to never use CurseForge (not for any particular reason), but maybe I should. I mainly put it off because of the tedious process of uploading files to 2 places (and also the necessity of duplicate text content on webpages). Thanks for this!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Development Environment