02-03-10, 04:35 PM   #1861
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Opdasccope View Post
REALLY like the mini-map. Chinchilla? The skin and layout are in it by default?
Yeah, it's Chinchilla's default "Square" layout with no borders. The only thing up there that's part of the minimap, tho', is the coordinates - the tracking icon is Vertibroker_Tracking that I placed over the corner (I like pMinimap, but Chinchilla includes movers and blipchangers, so I use it ).

Originally Posted by eddiemars View Post
ooh it's nice, one thing that bugs me though, is there any way to make the Latency part of your cast bar look like the status bar? rounded corners with that border, etc? I have never used ACB but I know Quartz can do that. It's just a real nice bubbly border and status bar look you have going on. Also another thing I would do is make that dominos experience bar have the same bubbly effect. Though to do that you would have to make a new texture, because if you used that same texture it would go all strechy.
Most of the bubbly effect is just a texture - I'm using one of Ferous' textures (Ferous 32, I think) for all those bars. I hadn't even thought about matching the XP bar texture to it. And I'm not certain that ACB's latency indicator can alter shape - I'll have to look into how ACB does the latency. Also, I got the border from a website that doesn't seem to exist anymore - it's called "dek_retro_round" or something like that.

Also, for those who were curious - I liked the "manabar-in-the-border" concept, but I'm too lazy to do it the 'right' way. So I just placed the mana bar, and then placed the health bar on top of it. ;-)

02-03-10, 05:39 PM   #1862
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alright, after criticism I changed the font :O It is called Puritan, a free version that looks like Helvetica.

Full shot!

http://i49.tinypic.com/9j0ml3.jpg

Edit - Edited the picture... I just got this, and now I don't know what to do with the thing....

Last edited by Ferous : 02-03-10 at 10:52 PM.

02-04-10, 12:54 AM   #1863
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Ferous, you outdid yourself on this one. It's, so hawt, that I want to lick it.

I see incomming "WTB UPLOAD PLOX".

02-04-10, 02:20 AM   #1864
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
Alright, after criticism I changed the font :O It is called Puritan, a free version that looks like Helvetica.

Full shot!

Edit - Edited the picture... I just got this, and now I don't know what to do with the thing....
That font looks pretty good! It gives me the "caith inner shadow"-feeling(that inner shadow on caith's unitframes that I LOVE).

02-04-10, 10:05 AM   #1865
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member

Full shot!

Nice!

How does the pet frame/focus look?

02-04-10, 11:16 AM   #1866
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Full shot!

Font is a lot better. I noticed you're using Cascade. Were you able to figure out how to make the text fade after a certain amount of time?

Also, gz on the hilt!

02-04-10, 12:22 PM   #1867
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Full shot!

tis look alright like everyone else says, but being a super nitpicky person, there are some things that bother me :<

the shadow thing should be behind all elements, not on top. the buff text, the action abrs and everything looks a tad DARK
the shadow inside the chat/minimap/whatever boxes is kinda stretched, it should be another texture using 256x512 so it wont look stretched.

AND one mroe thing, you should make the health/mana texts be white and gray, so you can make them out easier.

just my 2 cents (I hate it when people say that but thats what it is!)

ps. it doesnt look bad its just things that bother me!

02-04-10, 03:43 PM   #1868
eddiemars
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
I hadn't even thought about matching the XP bar texture to it.
It took me a very long time to realize it was even possible to do with Dominos, but when you are editing the XP bar you can just click the dropdown menu that is on 'layout' normally. It's kinda genius!

Mana bar in the border is a good look, nice.

02-04-10, 04:04 PM   #1869
Darisphera
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
My ui. the notifications over my focus frame, are removed.
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9519/newew.jpg

02-04-10, 04:42 PM   #1870
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
tis look alright like everyone else says, but being a super nitpicky person, there are some things that bother me :<

the shadow thing should be behind all elements, not on top. the buff text, the action abrs and everything looks a tad DARK
the shadow inside the chat/minimap/whatever boxes is kinda stretched, it should be another texture using 256x512 so it wont look stretched.

AND one mroe thing, you should make the health/mana texts be white and gray, so you can make them out easier.

just my 2 cents (I hate it when people say that but thats what it is!)

ps. it doesnt look bad its just things that bother me!
I was lazy and just made my overlay texture over the chat boxes. I will do that, and fix it up :O

I will do everything you said, I like to see my mana more, so I probably would do this. I like to have the HP and Power, the power and HP threshold colors but it looks tacky, but alot of people like to see HP threshold instead, I will look into this.

02-04-10, 11:00 PM   #1871
nonretadin
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

please be brutal it isnt much i am still configuring for the most part and have to add my KGpanels but so far i think it looks nice but i need some really good opinions point out the obvious and laugh at it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_020410_225518.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	3952  

yup themz da banana'z

02-04-10, 11:03 PM   #1872
Matthew Dryden
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by nonretadin View Post
please be brutal it isnt much i am still configuring for the most part and have to add my KGpanels but so far i think it looks nice but i need some really good opinions point out the obvious and laugh at it
You could use Skada instead of Recount (I hear the reports are more accurate?), and then edit the color scheme to it the rest of your UI. Skada also replaces Omen.

02-05-10, 12:01 AM   #1873
zero-kill
A Firelord

Less banana. Too much potassium is a bad thing.

02-05-10, 12:23 AM   #1874
Opdasccope
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
Yeah, it's Chinchilla's default "Square" layout with no borders. The only thing up there that's part of the minimap, tho', is the coordinates - the tracking icon is Vertibroker_Tracking that I placed over the corner (I like pMinimap, but Chinchilla includes movers and blipchangers, so I use it ).
What does the addon minibuttons uder like that, the minimap by defalt?

02-05-10, 02:33 AM   #1875
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Opdasccope View Post
What does the addon minibuttons uder like that, the minimap by defalt?
Actually, that's a bunch of LDB launchers. I use Fortress for my LDB display, and those are all the "launchers" (except for Mail, Calendar, and Bugsack, which are on top of the minimap). The "Micromenu" and "GameMenu" texts are also LDB - LonnyBroker: Micromenu and LonnyBroker: GameMenu - they give dropdowns for the actual menus they replace.

02-05-10, 05:19 AM   #1876
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Find a unifying font, statusbar texture and border for your entire UI. Scale down the recount and make the background and title bar colors transparent. Move that little bar with your main buttons down a bit, it's overlapping your character.

Personally I hate Xperl, try using Pitbull or Stuf, or even oUF and make it more minimal (i.e. get rid of the portrait, name, level/race/class info etc.). CoolLine could be scaled down a bit. Make your chat font smaller and get rid of timestamps. You don't really need to see buffs on your tooltip do you? And maybe make the entire top bar only show on mouseover.

I have the sneaking suspicion your scrolling combat text also overlaps elements of your UI, maybe look into that as well.

02-05-10, 09:23 AM   #1877
Joke17
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Matthew Dryden View Post
You could use Skada instead of Recount (I hear the reports are more accurate?), and then edit the color scheme to it the rest of your UI. Skada also replaces Omen.
skada is ok, i tryed it as omen replacement. But there is no option for calculating the threat of you focus target like omen can. So far, as healer i love this option. In the skada-thread on wowace, there is no one missing it and noone, who can answer this question :-)

02-05-10, 10:05 AM   #1878
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Nice!

How does the pet frame/focus look?
I haven't gotten around to this. I will update a bit later.

02-05-10, 07:37 PM   #1879
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Slight update on the unit frames and raid setting:

02-05-10, 07:44 PM   #1880
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

player/target gradient is 1px off at the bottom :<

I liked the old texture better though, since youre using your mana bar right there the texture doesnt... fill its purpose?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...