A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
I start with
Open MPQ -> expansion3-MPQ
Open MPQ (Patch Mode) -> patch-base-12694.MPQ
Open MPQ (Patch Mode) -> wow-update-12694.MPQ
Open MPQ (Patch Mode) -> wow-update-12759.MPQ
Open MPQ (Patch Mode) -> wow-update-12803.MPQ

goto enGB right click on Interface Extract.

I hope this is the right way to do it
As far as I know does patch-base-12694.MPQ not contain incremental patch files, but normal files, which can be extracted on their own.

08-21-10, 01:20 PM   #82
Ladik
A Fallenroot Satyr

StormLib updates:

- Removed SFileSetPatchPathPrefix
- Patch MPQs are now open in read-only mode. This should fix the problem in WoW Modeller. I hereby ask Chuanshing to let me know if the problem still persists.
- Removed UNREFERENCED_PARAMETERS so it should now be buildable under Linux.
- Web documentation updated to reflect changes in patch APIs

08-21-10, 06:32 PM   #83
silkfire
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ye I see you're doing it wrong Quokka.

1. Copy locale-enGB.MPQ or locale-enUS.MPQ (whichever you use, they are identical) one step up to the Data folder. All files must be in the same folder (NOTE to you Ladik, this is slightly impractical)

2. Open in patch mode the locale-enXX.MPQ file + the patch files by making sure that you first click on locale-enXX.MPQ then Ctrl + click "wow-update-12694.MPQ" and the Ctrl + Shift + Click on the other patch files to select them.

3. If you did it right, the locale-enXX.MPQ file will be chosen as primary.

4. Reorder the patches so that the latest patch comes first, the one before that second, etc.

08-21-10, 06:41 PM   #84
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Easiest way is to use this bat:
Code:
set locale=enUS
set dir=D:\Games\World of Warcraft Beta\Data
start MPQEditor.exe /patch "%dir%\%locale%\locale-%locale%.MPQ" "%dir%\%locale%\patch-%locale%-12694.MPQ" "%dir%\wow-update-12694.MPQ" "%dir%\wow-update-12759.MPQ" "%dir%\wow-update-12803.MPQ"
Wouldn't you agree?

08-22-10, 02:37 AM   #85
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Tested this an got an error

Failed to open File in mpq "interface\Worldmap\Scholomance\Scholomance4_6.blp".

So that seemed to fail, It runs good until there.

But If I'm not mistaken this would give ma all files that are there at this point. Not just the once from the latest patch.

I's there a way to only extract the new files in that curent patch

08-22-10, 04:03 AM   #86
Crowley
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
Easiest way is to use this bat:
Code:
set locale=enUS
set dir=D:\Games\World of Warcraft Beta\Data
start MPQEditor.exe /patch "%dir%\%locale%\locale-%locale%.MPQ" "%dir%\%locale%\patch-%locale%-12694.MPQ" "%dir%\wow-update-12694.MPQ" "%dir%\wow-update-12759.MPQ" "%dir%\wow-update-12803.MPQ"
Wouldn't you agree?
"%dir%\%locale%\patch-%locale%-12694.MPQ" isn't an incremental patch file. All files except the first one must be of the "wow-update-*.MPQ" type.

08-22-10, 05:34 AM   #87
Ladik
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by silkfire View Post
1. Copy locale-enGB.MPQ or locale-enUS.MPQ (whichever you use, they are identical) one step up to the Data folder. All files must be in the same folder (NOTE to you Ladik, this is slightly impractical)
I am aware of that. So far, I haven't found any better solution than the command line. Or gather all MPQs in one folder, at least that will make users to create copy of the MPQs and they won't directly modify the game files. When I get a good idea how to implement this, I'll improve the GUI. Perhaps a better version of the patch arrangement window.

4. Reorder the patches so that the latest patch comes first, the one before that second, etc.
Actually, the order of the patches in the dialog must be that the latest patch comes last. I.e. the default order that is offered by MPQ Editor. Ok, I will make a note on the dialog to make it clear.

The idea of the order is this:
1) locale-enUS.MPQ is the primary MPQ
2) wow-update-12694.MPQ is the first patch applied
3) wow-update-12759.MPQ is the second patch applied
4) wow-update-12803.MPQ is the third patch applied

If you choose a wrong order, StormLib's patcher will report an error, because each extracted file is checked by MD5 both before and after appliyng a patch. If there are more patches,
this check is being made for each patch.

Last edited by Ladik : 08-22-10 at 05:39 AM.

08-22-10, 07:10 AM   #88
silkfire
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've never gotten an error with that order, Ladi =PP

08-22-10, 03:12 PM   #89
Adys
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hey Ladik

Just a few more bug reports
- In patch mode, Verify files spams "Open error"
- Ctrl-F4 doesn't work (*please*, rebind it or add a binding to ctrl-w)
- "Close MPQ" closes all currently opened mpqs, instead of currently selected one (normal mode).

Feature requests, random ideas:
- Unify the "merged mode" and "patch mode" UI. Taking example on current merged mode window: Single window, "mode" tickbox (choose between "normal", "merged" and "patch").
Tricky: Change "additional options" dynamically when ticking a different mode. The file list to the right stays the same.
- Add an "Add MPQ" button next to Remove MPQ. This should solve the copy-in-same-folder issue
- Add a "close MPQ" context option on MPQ->right click.
- Add a file count somewhere - in the statusbar maybe. "25 files (12688 total)"
- Add the MPQ name behind the path in the status bar (eg: "art.MPQ\Character\Taunka\Male")
- Add the ability to add another mpq to the opened ones, and/or to view the currently open ones (maybe by reopening the original Open With Options dialog).

Also, this might be a wine bug, but I'm not able to use quotes around my arguments. such as ... wine mpqeditor "z:/program files/foo.mpq". Since it's much easier for my script to do that than escape spaces with backslashes, a fix would be appreciated.

08-23-10, 12:00 AM   #90
Ladik
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Adys View Post
Hey Ladik
one (normal mode).
Could you provide which MPQs did you open ?
I'll check that. Any special reason why you want Ctrl+W ?
- "Close MPQ" closes all currently opened mpqs, instead of currently selected
Hmmm. It is actually meant "Close All MPQs". It will be easy to close one MPQ in multi-MPQ mode, where all open MPQ is on its own, but closing a MPQ in merged an patch mode is fairly complicated.

Hey Ladik
- Unify the "merged mode" and "patch mode" UI. Taking example on current merged mode window: Single window, "mode" tickbox (choose between "normal", "merged" and "patch").
Yeah, the current GUI for that is indeed crap, I am not very happy with it.
I'll try to figure something out, but that will take a while.

As for other features, some of them are easy and good idea, some of them are good idea but more difficult to do. For example, when you open multiple MPQs in merged mode, MPQ Editor builds a combined tree, containing all files and subdirectories, and then shows it in the GUI. Removing one of the MPQs would need to parse the tree and remove all nodes that belong to a specific MPQ. I don't promise I implement all suggestions, but I'll at least try and see if it's worth it.

Also, this might be a wine bug, but I'm not able to use quotes around my arguments. such as ... wine mpqeditor "z:/program files/foo.mpq". Since it's much easier for my script to do that than escape spaces with backslashes, a fix would be appreciated.
I am afraid there is not much I can do - quotes work well in Windows. The best I can do is to make a build that will show parameters given, so we can confirm it's a WINE bug.

08-23-10, 12:59 AM   #91
Ladik
A Fallenroot Satyr

I's there a way to only extract the new files in that curent patch
No. You can only search for patched files, using "Tools\Search Files" and checking the "incremental patch" attribute.
If you want to see what files changed, just open the patch MPQ as standalone. If a file is there, means it has been changed.

08-23-10, 01:58 AM   #92
Adys
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

>> Could you provide which MPQs did you open ?

local-enus.mpq + wow-update-*.mpq

>> I'll check that. Any special reason why you want Ctrl+W ?

Ctrl-W is more standard, and a hell lot more easy to hit with one hand =)

>> Hmmm. It is actually meant "Close All MPQs". It will be easy to close one MPQ in multi-MPQ mode, where all open MPQ is on its own, but closing a MPQ in merged an patch mode is fairly complicated.

Yeah, I don't think closing a single MPQ in merged mode is important; if anything that should be done by modifying/reopening opened MPQs like i suggested.

>> I am afraid there is not much I can do - quotes work well in Windows. The best I can do is to make a build that will show parameters given, so we can confirm it's a WINE bug.

It's probably a wine bug, I'll check this on my end; cheers.

08-23-10, 02:04 AM   #93
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Ladik View Post
No. You can only search for patched files, using "Tools\Search Files" and checking the "incremental patch" attribute.
If you want to see what files changed, just open the patch MPQ as standalone. If a file is there, means it has been changed.
Works for me thanks m8.

08-23-10, 03:38 AM   #94
silkfire
A Fallenroot Satyr
Works for me thanks m8.
I'm glad it's working for you now ^^!

08-23-10, 07:35 AM   #95
Ladik
A Fallenroot Satyr

Fixed in StormLib.
Not true. It works, perhaps another WINE bug ? Anyway, I added Ctrl+W just to make you happy :-)
- "Close MPQ" closes all currently opened mpqs, instead of currently selected one (normal mode).
Changed title in the menu, and here comes the infamous "Working as itended".
- Add the MPQ name behind the path in the status bar (eg: "art.MPQ\Character\Taunka\Male")
As for the rest of your suggestions, I'll implement some of them, namely the unified UI for opening multiple MPQs.

Also:

I added the "op" command to the script interpreter for opening MPQs in patch mode:

op speech-enGB.MPQ wow-update-12694.MPQ wow-update-12759.MPQ
e <current> DBFilesClient\* .

08-23-10, 07:46 AM   #96
Adys
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

All the good stuff Hurray!

I'll check out the ctrl-f4 bug. Cheers.

Last edited by Adys : 08-23-10 at 11:05 AM.

08-23-10, 11:19 AM   #97
silkfire
A Fallenroot Satyr
*Add an option to extract files ignoring folder structure. It's annoying when I wanna extract 1 blp file and I get it in 4 folders
*You could change the "Open patch mode" GUI so that you 1) first pick the Primary file (locale-en**.mpq) and then click Next -> and 2) pick the patch files.

08-23-10, 12:06 PM   #98
Ladik
A Fallenroot Satyr

*Add an option to extract files ignoring folder structure. It's annoying when I wanna extract 1 blp file and I get it in 4 folders
Good idea. Added to TODO list.
*You could change the "Open patch mode" GUI so that you 1) first pick the Primary file (locale-en**.mpq) and then click Next -> and 2) pick the patch files.
I plan to remake the entire open dialog. Adys' idea to unify the GUI for all three types of open seems good to me, I think I do it that way. Also, there will be "Add MPQ" and "Remove MPQ" buttons, so your suggestion will sort-of be there too.

08-23-10, 02:23 PM   #99
silkfire
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Ladik View Post
Good idea. Added to TODO list.

I plan to remake the entire open dialog. Adys' idea to unify the GUI for all three types of open seems good to me, I think I do it that way. Also, there will be "Add MPQ" and "Remove MPQ" buttons, so your suggestion will sort-of be there too.
We love you Ladik, do you know that?

08-24-10, 03:55 AM   #100
Ladik
A Fallenroot Satyr

We love you Ladik, do you know that?
Any chance you are a tall girl, with nice eyes and long legs (hair color doesn't matter) ?

Anyway - new build of MPQ Editor is up, and the new UI for opening MPQs is implemented. I will see how handy it will be. Also, the option for ignoring path in MPQ was added to the extract dialog.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » Extract "wow-update-12759.mpq"... meh!