06-14-12, 02:31 PM   #21
TSquared
Big Daddy!
Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
UPDATE_EXPANSION_LEVEL this must be the least firing event, ever
It's kind of like the death/rebirth of the pheonix. It happens once in a very long time, but when it appears it's glorious!

06-14-12, 05:26 PM   #22
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Doesn't Blizzard make you log out of the game before you can make any changes to your account like that anyway?

06-14-12, 08:08 PM   #23
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
It may be a mechanism to hype pre-expansion experience to get more people connected waiting for release a event which may actually be an event rather than just a message to start downloading. A bit like a timed easter egg.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it make it into a 4.x patch

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 06-14-12 at 08:12 PM.

06-15-12, 05:05 PM   #24
Smashbolt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Doesn't Blizzard make you log out of the game before you can make any changes to your account like that anyway?
Well, the comment in the linked LFDFrame.lua says it can change while logged in now.

Did Cata have a "live" release with no server reset? If so, my random guess is that it's there so they can try a seamless MoP release. Assuming we can buy and download the game data beforehand, maybe they plan to push some message at the moment of release that enables MoP content for the server and fires off that event on applicable accounts so you can stay logged in as the release occurs and go straight to new content without logging out and in?

That seems like a lot of trouble to go to though...

06-15-12, 06:02 PM   #25
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Smashbolt View Post
That seems like a lot of trouble to go to though...
It would be for something like Cataclysm, yes - people hanging out in Orgrimmar would suddenly see the entire city completely transform before their eyes (or be teleported because there is suddenly a building where they were standing). For MoP, however, it would simply be a matter of bringing those servers online and telling the existing servers "I'm here. Spawn this set of mobs and run this scripted event."

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

06-16-12, 06:57 PM   #26
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
... It would be for something like Cataclysm, yes - people hanging out in Orgrimmar would suddenly see the entire city completely transform before their eyes (or be teleported because there is suddenly a building where they were standing).
Well, that theoretical situation would never happen because they always roll-out major terrain and building changes in a patch a couple weeks prior to the release of an expansion.

Cataclysm had a live release as well; I didn't have to logout and login after the midnight release before I could start leveling up. This event is just giving us the information that's already been available on the server side all along.

06-29-12, 07:13 PM   #27
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Now AddOns have been enabled on Beta there is a Wowpedia page with API changes (mainly updated by Foxlit)
http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_5.0.1/API_changes

I also updated my GitHub fork to build 15799

WowAce thread: Addons are now enabled on MoP

Edit: Just noticed Cairenn's mailing :|

Last edited by Ketho : 06-29-12 at 07:49 PM.

06-30-12, 08:42 AM   #28
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
QueryQuestsCompleted() still is not implemented in the beta that allows addons to run.

06-30-12, 09:08 AM   #29
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
QueryQuestsCompleted() still is not implemented in the beta that allows addons to run.
My guess would be that it is not implemented yet simply because it just isn't necessary to allow it at this point. I would imagine it will be put in at some point right before MoP release so it can be tested by addon authors (although, I have absolutely no idea whatsoever if there is any empirical evidence, at all, to support my theory ).

On a slight side-track (sorry): Could someone please tell me where I can find the class color for the new Monk class (that's the only new class, right)? I apologize, but I really have absolutely no clue.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-30-12, 09:17 AM   #30
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
[...]
On a slight side-track (sorry): Could someone please tell me where I can find the class color for the new Monk class (that's the only new class, right)? I apologize, but I really have absolutely no clue.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Class_colors
https://github.com/Ketho/wow-ui-sour...stants.lua#L67
0, 255, 150
r = 0.00, g = 1.00, b = 0.59
#00FF96

06-30-12, 09:35 AM   #31
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I listed it in my post.

06-30-12, 12:14 PM   #32
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
How to check talents of other players

Here is some additional information about checking talents that I found last night while fixing up TipTop.

As mentioned on http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_5.0.1/API_changes some of the functions have had their names changed. Also, some of these have changed usage.

GetPrimaryTalentTree() has changed to GetSpecialization(). In addition, if you are inspecting someone, you need to use GetInspectSpecialization("unit"). This will return a number (not sure what it really represents or how it is determined...) which you can then pass to GetSpecializationInfoByID().

So... when inspecting someone for their talents... You call NotifyInspect("unit") and register for "INSPECT_READY" just as before. When the event fires, call GetInspectSpecialization("unit") to get that ID number and then, if the ID exists and is greater than 0 (cause, sometimes it's 0 for some reason), pass that ID to GetSpecializationInfoByID().

One additional reminder: it is sill a good idea to save the UnitGUID of the unit you are inspecting so that you can check that GUID with what is returned with "NOTIFY_INSPECT".
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-30-12, 06:36 PM   #33
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you very much, Ketho. That was exactly what I needed.

I apologize for asking for the information, but when I try to read through code (if I can even get a clue where to look to begin with) my eyes glaze over, I start babbling gibberish and drooling in about 30 seconds. That's pretty "normal" for me, but I try to keep that kind of thing to a bare minimum.

Thank you, again.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

07-01-12, 12:42 AM   #34
yoshimo
An Aku'mai Servant
Try
Code:
IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(QuestID)
a lot weaker, but it seems to return 1 if completed and nil if not completed.

07-01-12, 07:20 AM   #35
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

I'm curious as to why. Hopefully, they aren't planning to completely remove it. This would make me very sad.

Originally Posted by yoshimo View Post
Try
Code:
IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(QuestID)
a lot weaker, but it seems to return 1 if completed and nil if not completed.
I hope this isn't excessively throttled if it's intended to be used in place of QueryQuestsCompleted().

Last edited by Talyrius : 07-01-12 at 08:18 AM.

07-01-12, 08:54 AM   #36
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
So for Grail I now check the runtime to see if QueryQuestsCompleted and GetQuestsCompleted exist. If not, I create an implementation that calls my "quest from server" updating routine. In it the call to GetQuestsCompleted is implemented to cycle through the quests and call IsQuestFlaggedCompleted for each one. On beta this seems to work and not cause the dreaded "your LUA code is taking too long" so I am leaving the code in place for now. Of course if Blizzard implements either of these two routines in the future, the old mechanism for either will still work (tested to still work in live).

07-01-12, 12:17 PM   #37
Silvanas
A Murloc Raider
did some testing, while the functions have been renamed
GetNumPartyMembers() > GetNumSubgroupMembers()
GetNumRaidMembers() > GetNumGroupMembers()

the targeting still works on
UnitName("party".. i)
UnitName("raid".. i)

07-01-12, 12:22 PM   #38
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Silvanas View Post
did some testing, while the functions have been renamed
GetNumPartyMembers() > GetNumSubgroupMembers()
GetNumRaidMembers() > GetNumGroupMembers()

the targeting still works on
UnitName("party".. i)
UnitName("raid".. i)
If anything behaves like it is supposed to, you don't need to report that.
However, if it doesn't behave like it should, please do!

07-01-12, 04:57 PM   #39
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't think he's "reporting" it, just documenting it for everyone else to use the correct function.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-02-12, 07:09 AM   #40
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Anything printed in the chat doesnt show until someone actually says something (say, channels, /dump, emote, etc).
Happens with print() and DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage()

Also, you cannot compare items previouly slotted in ranged with stuff previously slotted in mainhand (wand vs dagger compare).
Sheating ranged weapons is a bit bugged aswell, having a wand + offhand atleast.

Last edited by p3lim : 07-02-12 at 07:14 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Beta API discussion