07-09-05, 01:46 PM   #1
XeroKill
A Murloc Raider

Titan [Recap] Plug in Help

I am using Titan 1.24.1500 and I am trying to get the Recap plugin working. I installed it just like a normal addon and it appears in my addon list, however, when I click on the bar and select plugins, it isn't there.

I have read through a couple similar posts about this, and they all say to just install it like a normal addon. This has not proved to be effective.

Is there a tutorial about installing plugins that some one could direct me to? I have looked through all of the downloads and none of them have installation instructions.

Thanks in advance and kudos on this lovely site. I was glad to see it take on the WOW interfaces. I have been using this site since EQ1 first made the new XML UI, and wouldn't go anywhere else for my UI needs.

Last edited by XeroKill : 07-09-05 at 01:50 PM.
07-09-05, 01:50 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
If you check the download page for it, you will see that it also requires (the normal) Recap to be installed as well. Snag Recap, install it, then it should show up on the bar.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-09-05, 01:54 PM   #3
XeroKill
A Murloc Raider

I already have the original Recap installed, and it is all up to date.
07-09-05, 01:58 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hrm, that's odd then. If you have both Recap and Titan Panel installed (which you do, as stated) and it shows up on the AddOn listing on the Char Select screen, then it should be showing up on your bar. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. Hopefully Gello will see this and may have an idea as to why it wouldn't be working. =/

And, thank you for the support!
07-09-05, 03:41 PM   #5
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not entirely sure either. With recap 2.6+ and titan 1.24+ it should show.

Do you have any other non-default titan plugins? If the Recap plugin is the only one you've installed other than titan, the dropdown should look like:

Titan Panel
Titan Built-in >
Recap

Auto-hide
Center text
Display on top

Instead of expanding the "Titan Built-in", the Recap plugin should be checkable from the main dropdown.

If it's not there and it shows up on AddOns, my first suspicion would be the xml file is missing or somehow wrong. In the TitanRecap directory should be four files:

localization.lua
TitanRecap.lua
TitanRecap.toc
TitanRecap.xml

It's possible maybe only the .toc got extracted. Redownload the one here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4007

And reinstall perhaps? If that doesn't work let me know. May be something conflicting.
07-09-05, 06:19 PM   #6
XeroKill
A Murloc Raider

Well appearently me (and the game) just needed a nap. I came back after about an hour nap and when I logged back in... all was well.

I still think it is odd. Here is what I did.

Had Titan 1.24 already installed and set up from a while ago. I downloaded Recap and the Titan [Recap] plugin. I unzipped both files into the Interface/Addon folder just like I have for a zillion other addons. I checked to make sure they didn't install in their own Interface folder inside the Addon folder (don't know why some people structure theirs like that). All was well and dandy so I launched WOW. At the character select screen I checked my addons button to confirm that the addon was being detected. Then entered the game. When I right clicked the bar, there was nothing on any of the menus to suggest Recap was there. Not on the main menu, or any sub-menus. I then played for a little while waiting for some technical help from you guys. After a while I decided I wanted a nap, and when I woke up and launched WOW... there it was.

Go figure...

Thanks for all the help guys. Maybe this thread can help some one else out. If it doesn't work at first, try to exit the game completely and re-load.
07-09-05, 06:21 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
That is rather odd, indeed. Glad it's working now though.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Titan [Recap] Plug in Help