09-02-05, 03:13 PM   #1
Breva
An Aku'mai Servant
No Chat?

Can someone help me? One day when I logged on to my Alt, I was trying to send some tells to some friends. When I sent them, the person would recieve them, but it would not show up in my chat box like To[Name]:

Whenever I say somthing just out loud, it'll show it in the bubble above my character's head, but it won't do anything in my combat text.

It's also the same for my Combat Log.

Can someone help?
09-02-05, 05:50 PM   #2
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
sounds like a fon't mod thats messed up. try deleting your framexml folder assuming you have one under your interface directory.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
09-03-05, 01:09 AM   #3
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Seen this on the WOW forums.

Drag your WDB, WTF folder to your desktop.

Login, see if it's working.

If not... uh.... post again I guess.. will see what else I can find.

Last edited by Kudane : 09-03-05 at 01:11 AM.
09-03-05, 10:07 AM   #4
Breva
An Aku'mai Servant
I don't have any Font mods for WoW at the moment, but Kudane's idea did seem to work. Any idea what causes this?
09-03-05, 11:56 PM   #5
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the WDB and WTF folders cache certain elements of the UI, including chat caching and window locations. Sometimes after a patch, things that were updated in the UI, do not for some reason update in the cache, and as a result a misconfiguration occurs. In this case it may have been your chat cache, or a window location that got messed up, which resulted in your chat log not updating properly in-game. It is often a good idea to delete these folders (or back them up and then delete them) as these can often cause issues beyond normal outdated mods or other similar problems.

The only downside to this is, when you delete those folders, you also delete any changes you made to where windows are placed and such (if placed somewhere other than the default). You obviously would then need to re-setup all your custom window locations and keybindings. Sometimes however, this is the only way to get rid of those annoying little issues that don't seem to be mod, or user related...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » No Chat?