Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-22-14, 04:42 PM   #1
basvanderwerff
A Murloc Raider
Looking for help with modifying code tooltip addon

Hello,

I recently found this addon that changes the (gear) item tooltips to the pre 5.1 look (specificly the order of the info) it works great but it has a few issues.
- I cant seam to find anyway to set it up beside toggle it on or off with /betteritemtooltip or /bitip (found these 2 / commands when looking trough the code) the addon page itself does not have any info beside that the addon reverts it back to pre 5.1 look
- enchants show in a light blue now i did find a list of text colors in the code and when i change:
enchantColor = { 0.0, 0.82, 1.0 } to enchantColor = { 0.0, 1.0, 0.0 } wich should be green since it used on the lfr heroic flex color codes nothing happens.
- pvp seasons text shows in red on wich i tried the same as with the enchants change the color code but also no luck.
- It messes with (some) non-gear tooltips from the TSM addon quick example
a crafted item typically shows this at bottom of a tooltip (i left some part out since tsm has alot of modules)
tradskillmaster info:
group: professions->inscription->crafts->glyph
auctions operation(s): glyph
TSM crafting:
Crafting cost: (price in gold-silver-copper)
Now for some items is still shows the colored part but the rest it removes for example it still show.
tradskillmaster info:
group:
auctions operation(s):
TSM crafting:
Crafting cost:
- somehow it removes the . in dmg numbers for example a 1.350.456 chaosbolt shows as 1350456 it also does the same on item tooltips (3.545 agi showing as 3545 agi) so guess they related and caused by this addon.

Now my question is.
1) How can i change the color of the enchant and season both to green in the code (or is there some ingame way to set this up i could not find)
2) Is there a way to stop this addon from messing with TSM tooltips
3) Is there a way to stop it from removing the . in dmg/stats numbers.

I added the lua file as attachement, hope someone can help out what to change in the code for changing the colors and maby point me in the right direction of what causes the TSM conflicts and the removeal of the . in dmg/stat numbers.

Thanks alot in advance, Bas.
Attached Files
File Type: lua Kopie van BetterItemTooltip.lua (56.7 KB, 211 views)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Looking for help with modifying code tooltip addon