10-21-10, 10:07 AM   #1
QuestorWI
An Aku'mai Servant
nUI & Prat chat addon

I use Prat to contol my chat, it places the general chat window in the lower left chat frame in nUI but it places combat, guild, and 3 or 4 other chat windows in a random location on the screen, but never in the nUI frame on the botton right where they belong. Also there is a problem with bleed through of chat text when say the omen/recount frame is selected or any other chat frame is open. I have tried deleteing the Prat lua and backup lua file from all characters, renaming the WTF, catch and Interface folder all with no luck. I like Prat because with my very old eyes the default chat font size is way to small, it also makes it very easy to copy and paste chat. Any suggestions as to what to try next?

10-21-10, 10:17 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nUI does not place any chat windows (guild, etc.) in the bottom right info panel by default. Xrystal has created optional plugins that do that... so you'll need to use those if you want those frames in the lower right. Otherwise, you need to dock them to the chat frame on the left side.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-21-10, 11:27 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
If you are using the new incarnations of my chat plugins can you close the extra Chat frames that are hovering undocked on the left ( if what I suspect you are seeing is true that is ) and see if it repeats next time you log into the game.

I am seeing the same problem sometimes on my girls and I suspect they have made another change somehwhere that is not allowing me to properly release the frames or reuse them which I try to do. However, it isn't seeming to be consistent and only occuring on newer characters that have as yet not been properly configured.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

10-28-10, 09:15 PM   #4
SmugDragon
A Murloc Raider

Similar issue

I too am using Prat and am having a similar issue as QuestorWI...sorta.

My General tabbed chat window opens perfectly and fits where it should. However, whenever I relog or reload the UI, I usually get multiple misc tabs that appear on the screen somewhere named Chat 3, Chat 4, Chat 5, Chat 6, or Chat 7 in any combination of these. (May be Chat 3 and Chat 7 one time, then Chat 4, Chat 5, Chat 7 another time)
It is not consistent with which Chat tab groups appears when, but I did notice that since I moved them to the middle of the screen and locked them there before I closed them, that is where they tend to re-appear. It isn't keeping me from playing or anything like such, but it does get annoying after a while. lol

Anyway, thanks for any help you may post here about this issue.
Smugs

Last edited by SmugDragon : 10-28-10 at 09:18 PM.

10-28-10, 10:19 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yes that is sounding like the phenomenon I have seen ..

Just one question .. do you have problems with wow freezing forcing you to crash out of game rather than logging out properly ?

I ask this because I think I have figured the pattern that I am seeing this happen .. for me it is so rare because I have only had that happen about 11 times this month which seems to tie in with the amount of times I have seen this problem occurring. But that could be coincidence.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

10-29-10, 11:39 PM   #6
SmugDragon
A Murloc Raider

Sort of. I mean...have I frozen up in WoW and the PC crashed on me while in BGs or teleporting to a new place? Yes. Do I believe it is related to this? No.

I say this because the crashing was one reason I finally decided to try nUI. I had always managed my add-ons one at a time in the past, but when 4.0 came out and there were add-ons being updated every time I logged in, sometimes 5 or 6 at a time, multiple times a day even, I decided I was ready for a change. Hence the nUI. One update for what used to equal like 40 of my other add-ons? Yes please!!

Seriously though, back to your question...no, I have not crashed like that since the last weekly mini-patch/fix/maintenance. Whatever they did stopped me from freezing and crashing.

However, I am now, on a very rare occasion, freezing and becoming DC'ed. I can log right back in, though it takes a few minutes if I choose the same toon I was on when it happened, but no actual application crash and even better, no more PC crashes. Yay!

So anyway, unless there is something I am missing completely, I just don't see how the two go hand in hand. Not that I know anything about coding or such. I leave that to you guys.
My technical skills are more like:
"Hey! PC go dark!! *pound on it* Not fixed.
Thinks where find help... *check on forum listy thing*
Asks/begs/yells "Fix IT please!!!" lol

Ok, sorta joking, but then again, sorta not. Sorta sad, eh?
Smugs

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » nUI & Prat chat addon