06-11-16, 05:11 PM   #1
Kes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Bug

I've seen people post this with other addons, but I'm having it with Carbonite Warehouse. Every time I log in, I get an error message saying "Your computer does not have enough memory to load settings from the following AddOn. Please disable some AddOns." and lists Carbonite.Warhouse.

I tried deleting and reinstalling it. Any clue on how to resolve this?
06-11-16, 07:13 PM   #2
Kes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Possible fix...

After seeing a blue reply on the WoW forums, I deleted my WTF folder and it quit giving me that message. Unfortunately, that means I have to go back in and reset my preferences, as well as all the gather locations I already had, but oh, well on that front.
06-11-16, 08:51 PM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know Rythal and the other devs aren't fond of packing libraries into the code, but in this case, perhaps using LibCompress might be a good idea.

It has been ages since I used Carbonite, certainly before it was broken down into modules. If the Warehouse also keeps a snapshot of the guild bank, using LibGuildBankComm-1.0 might also be recommended. LGBC-1 does embed LibCompress, but if you want to use LC's API, it would be best to load it standalone.
06-15-16, 11:44 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I actually do have libcompress and libguildbank as part of warehouse updates in the past... I just never looked much into libcompress to use it anywhere else yet.
06-16-16, 12:22 AM   #5
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I just never looked much into libcompress to use it anywhere else yet.
The only things I found that LibCompress really makes shine are caching large databases, such as the guild bank, auction house, and other similar things.

I suppose if someone needed to cache all the heirlooms' data or the new artifact stuff, maybe. Or if you put all the standard stuff into one huge saved variable, compressing the SV could be useful. Specifically breaking down each thing into its own SV to avoid the OP's error is the method chosen by the DataStore author.

It would be interesting to find out if "Your computer does not have enough memory to load settings from the following AddOn. Please disable some AddOns." only applies to the 32 bit version of the game, or RAM-starved 64 bit installations. I was always mystified why Blizzard even has such an error, given modern computers having several gigabytes of RAM.
06-16-16, 06:47 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

They have it (I believe) in case there is SOMEBODY still playing with an "older" machine......... or, they just forgot to take it out (more likely ). Your choice, as to which one it actually is. ('cuase - I just don't really have a clue.)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Warehouse Module » Bug