10-04-10, 02:16 PM   #1
lilzanna
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Minimap overlap help

Hi there, wondering if anyone can help me please.
Whenever I use the carbonite addon, I always get an overlap on the minimap, where the Blizz minimap is underneath the Carbonite minimap, wherever I move it to. I can separate the maps, but I think that defeats the whole purpose of using Carbonite.

I have uninstalled and re-installed, I have cleared the WTF and the cache, and deleted all Carbonite traces and done full clean reinstall of the addon, yet the problem still occurs.
When it asks to merge the Carbonite minimap with the WoW minimap, I click yes, and I still get the overlap effect.
I have used the script to remove the WoW minimap, but I have to use it with every reload/loading screen.

Any ideas on what I'm missing here guys?

10-04-10, 05:05 PM   #2
skeevy
A Kobold Labourer
Same problem here. I noticed it this evening. In the morning everything was just fine.

10-04-10, 07:36 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's not "overlap", that's intentional behavior for Carbonite. If you want to see only the Blizzard minimap, don't merge it with the Carbonite minimized map. While the maps are merged, it is not a good thing to see the blizzard minimap all the time, simply because of the differences in the way both maps use the "zoom" function. Blizzards' minimap has only six levels of zoom, but Carbonites' maps are "infinitely" zoom-able. Makes for some odd looking maps when you can see both at the same time.

If you want to see the default minimap all of the time, you're just going to have to unmerge them. You can then left click on the Carbonite minimap button to close the Carbonite minimized map if you only want to see one minimap on your screen. Clicking on the Carbonite minimap button while the maps are merged will hide both maps (since they're merged).

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-04-10 at 07:50 PM.

10-05-10, 03:02 AM   #4
lilzanna
A Defias Bandit
Ok, well that is weird, my husband also uses carbonite, and he doesn't get that overlap effect. We have checked that all our settings are the same but i still get the Blizz map underneath.

the point being I don't want to see the Blizz minimap at all, because I do prefer the zoom capabilities of the Carbonite map, and also as the Blizz map turns with the way my toon faces, and the carbonite is stationary, yes it does look very weird indeed, and also very annoying.

Infact all my friends who use the addon, don't get the overlapping when the maps are merged, just me.

10-05-10, 03:10 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Before you say you don't want to see the Blizzard minimap at all, please consider everything only the Blizzard minimap can show you, such as tracked herbs / mining nodes / vendors.

As for your minimap rotating, that function can be turned off in Blizzard's own interface menu.

Finally, have you tried unmerging the Carbonite map with Blizz's minimap? Have you tried fiddling with the settings "minimap docks always" in Carb's settings?

10-05-10, 09:12 AM   #6
lilzanna
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
As for your minimap rotating, that function can be turned off in Blizzard's own interface menu.
That it!!!!!

It was the rotation that has sorted the problem, and no wonder we couldn't figure it out when we were checking our Carbonite settings against each other. We had a feeling it would probably be something simple like that, and something we had missed, and that was it!!!

Ah so long the end to the frustration, many thanks again. Also didn't realise the nodes etc were only in the Blizz map, thought that was all Carbonite too.

10-05-10, 01:27 PM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Glad I could be of help!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap overlap help