01-18-13, 12:40 PM   #1
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Quest Dialogue Box Remains

When I go to speak to a quest giver, the dialogue box appears and I accept a quest. The dialogue itself goes away, but an empty box remains on the screen. I have to manually close it with the "x" in the top right corner.

This began happening with the latest 5.102 update from 1/11/2013. I had previously been using the most recent Beta without this issue.

Any thoughts?

01-18-13, 12:59 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Does this happen if Carbonite is the ONLY enabled addon?

Just asking what happens so Carbonite can be eliminated as the sole cause of the problem and not an addon conflicting with Carbonite causing this to happen.

Obviously, if either you use Carbonite as the absolute only addon in your UI, or running it alone doesn't cure the problem, then the problem is caused with Carbonite itself.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-18-13, 06:22 PM   #3
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Ok, i've done some testing,

The only other addon I use is ElvUI, so I disabled that.
Carbonite and it's supporting Addon of Carbonite Items are the only thing I have running.

Here are my unofficial findings:

I use the Auto accept & Auto turn-in features of Carbonite (always have).

It appears that the phenomenon happens only when turning in a quest, not when accepting a quest. It also only happens when the quest giver has multiple quests to turn-in. It doesn't happen for example if the quest giver is also a vendor. The difference here is significant in that in each case, I have to manually click the quest to turn in out of a list, but in the quest giver/vendor case, even if there is more than one quest to turn in, I don't get the error; However I do get it if the quest giver is only a quest giver with multiple quests.

I'm not sure if this helps narrow anything down at all.

When I get a chance, I'll backup my addon folder and WTF folder and clear them out and reinstall Carbonite clean to see if there is something haywire in the data files or something.

Beyond that, I'm completely stumped.

-NF

Last edited by NoggenFogger : 01-18-13 at 06:32 PM.

01-18-13, 09:51 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, there's really no need to "clear them out". Please see This Post to see another way to do this. (and, yeah, I posted the original but I just didn't feel like typing it all again )

Your test jogged my memory. There used to be a problem with the same thing some time ago (like at the beginning of Cataclysm live release), and I think the only solution was to disable the automatic quest stuff. However, I don't think Carbonite is the only addon that caused the problem. I remember seeing posts about it on the Blizzard WoW forums at the time, and the solution was disabling the automatic quest pick up and turn in.

However, since you're having trouble with only the turn ins, why not just disable that option and see if the problem continues.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-18-13 at 10:04 PM.

01-19-13, 12:46 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This has been happening to me for as long as I can remember (through at least two clean Carbonite installs).. certainly way way way before Raythal took over Carbonite. I just got used to the previous dev's not giving a ****, so I never bothered to report it.

The only time its ever stopped is when I stopped using Carbonite for roughly 6 months.

01-19-13, 02:51 AM   #6
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Same with me. Tried with Carbonite addon the only addon enabled and had the same problem.. The quest box appears If am grouped or not. The only difference is that when I have my addons on the top of the box has "nil [29995]" <-- quest number in the top of the dialog box, where if Carbonite is the only addon active there is no such text.

Tried grouped and all other addons disabled to the same effect.. Seems like a quest dialog is not closing when you turn in a quest and get another right after..

Thrumbar

Turn out the text on top of the box if from the addon Quest Compleatist.. Disabling it removes the text and leaves an empty box.

Last edited by Thrumbar : 01-22-13 at 01:53 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Dialogue Box Remains