11-10-06, 09:17 PM   #121
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn
Contrary to what some of you have been saying, Blizzard and I *have* been trying to track down what has gone on. Frankly, at the moment I'm almost ashamed to be associated with this community and almost wishing I'd never set this up. I can't believe the way some of you have been carrying on. There is no entitlement. And there is support and "public relations". I should know, I've been working with them trying to sort this out. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

That being said, we're giving it one more shot (which goes completely against their policy) and sending out another batch to the names that had previously been submitted. They may not go until Monday morning though, given that it's already 6:45pm.
I, and I think everyone else in this thread, really appreciate the effort you have put into trying to resolve this. Even though, as you say, there is no entitlement, it would be nice to know why some people get their keys and others do not. If I am not eligible for a key, I have no problem with that, but it would be nice to know. That's all, that way I can go give up on refreshing my mailbox every 5 minutes.

When I mention lack of support and public relations, it is not only confined to this issue. Just browse the official World of Warcraft forums for examples. Blizzard has a LOT going for them; a GREAT game, constant updates, a HUGE user base (make for VERY good social interaction) and a very big community supported mod author base. I never said that there aren't support and public relations. I just said that it needs a bit of work.

Saying that you are ashamed with this community is a bit harsh, just because a few of us are actually speaking our minds. ALL of us have been VERY patient regarding this issue. Not one person in this thread has demanded anything.

After this post, I will probably never get my key; which is ok. I've had TBC on pre-order since September, I can wait.
11-10-06, 09:20 PM   #122
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
stuff was here but now it's not
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 11-10-06 at 10:30 PM.
11-10-06, 09:26 PM   #123
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Re-read what I said; a) I said almost; and b) I pointed you to the blizzard forum thread. (although I admit that was an edit, so you may not have seen it at first.)

There is nothing wrong with speaking your mind, and I'm not a "fanboi" of Blizzard. I know very well that they could do some things better and that they make mistakes. But my objection is the manner in which *some* people are going about expressing their opinions. There are ways of saying things and then there are ways of saying things. That's my point.

And no, I'd not take your key away for that post, don't be silly.
I'm busy reading the WoW Forum thread now. I apologize if I jumped the gun a bit. I will say this again: THANK YOU for trying to get this sorted out!!!
11-10-06, 09:35 PM   #124
SkaDemon
A Defias Bandit
cairenn i realize youre under a lot of stress with this and i know that i am hopping on the boat pretty late, but have you sumbitted the most recent signups to blizzard? (I am ID 542)
11-10-06, 09:39 PM   #125
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I just submitted another batch a bit earlier. If your number is up to 544 for US or 545 for EU, then your name has been submitted. It will probably be next week before you see your key though.

And no, you aren't late. The *current* intention is for this to run through to the end of the month.

Last edited by Cairenn : 11-10-06 at 09:55 PM.
11-10-06, 10:29 PM   #126
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Well, I need to apologize for what I had previously posted. I shouldn't have said that and I hope folks will forgive me for it. It was uncalled for. It's just been a very long week, but that doesn't give me the right to say things like that. And of all people, I'm the very last that should be losing their temper.

mea culpa folks.
11-10-06, 10:42 PM   #127
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

We're giving it one more shot (which goes completely against their policy) and sending out another batch to the names that had previously been submitted. They may not go until Monday morning though, given that it's already 6:45pm.
So, they didn't just blow it off after all? In that case I'll redact my previous comments.

Thanks for putting up with the flack, Cairenn. I'm sure you got a lot more guff in PMs than show on the forums -- prolly a heaping-helping of whining about entitlements too. This was a great idea and I'm glad to see Blizzard didn't just leave you hanging.

If I still don't get a key -- and I'm betting heavily that it still won't work -- I'll be annoyed but at least I don't be pissed we got treated like we were playing a game from SOE.
11-11-06, 12:34 AM   #128
daggerwolf
A Kobold Labourer
I just submitted another batch a bit earlier. If your number is up to 544 for US or 545 for EU, then your name has been submitted. It will probably be next week before you see your key though.

And no, you aren't late. The *current* intention is for this to run through to the end of the month.
i'm new to this particular site. what is this number people are talking aboutand where is it found? i admit to having only a few simple mods (most macros that grew too large to stay macros) to my name, and only one here, but i figured its worth a shot for chance at a key.

(and thanks for the chances; this new stuff in the API looks fun to mess around with)
11-11-06, 12:36 AM   #129
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Re-click the button on the front page of the site.
11-11-06, 08:06 AM   #130
malindore
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up Thanks

Just wanted to write a small post to say thanks Cairenn.

I have been waiting a few days now for my key but maganged to keep myself busy monitering the forums and my mail box. I have a ID number in the 500 range so i guess my key will arrive next week... Cant wait !.

I really aperciate the time and effort you are putting in to help people get their keys and keep us updated.

BIG salute to you Cairenn keep up the great work !.
11-11-06, 12:21 PM   #131
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Well, I need to apologize for what I had previously posted. I shouldn't have said that and I hope folks will forgive me for it. It was uncalled for. It's just been a very long week, but that doesn't give me the right to say things like that. And of all people, I'm the very last that should be losing their temper.

mea culpa folks.
You have been outstanding as usual Cairenn. Your help is GREATLY appreciated! I think alot of people made blanket statements concerning Blizz, which provoked one from you. If half the people here had a clue how much work and stress being a site admin can be....

Keep up the great work, and thanks yet again Cairenn. We luv ya!

11-11-06, 01:03 PM   #132
numan1617
A Kobold Labourer
Its my first post here and I thought I would just back you up on your statement where you felt you should appoligise. In fact I feel you were totally right to say what you did as you do not have to do what you are doing for us all!

I hope everyone who is waiting for their key (like I am) gets them and if not I hope you don't come here and give people crap!

Keep up the good work as you doing a sterling job,
Numan1617
11-11-06, 01:08 PM   #133
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for the understanding guys, I do appreciate it. I just try to be better than that. I'm just frustrated, same as everyone else.
11-11-06, 02:16 PM   #134
azagar
A Kobold Labourer
hey. any idead when EU keys come ? i signed at wednesday.

cairenn u rule !
11-11-06, 05:40 PM   #135
Garoun
A Fallenroot Satyr

Hopefully this time, when the resubmit they'll start at 1 and go to 150, THEN send the others :P.
11-11-06, 05:41 PM   #136
sarf
A Cyclonian
Just wanted to chime in that I got my key (big thanks here Cairenn! - I really enjoy this opportunity to see the new world, give feedback and try to figure out how to get CooldownCount to work again), and it took about (half a week to a week) - and this may have been exceptionally good due to timing, so please chill a bit.

Also, I currently get ~500 ms latency, so if you could keep away the hordes of people until that gets sorted you'll get a cookie from me! (just kidding - bring 'em on, the more the merrier!)

Sarf
11-11-06, 07:36 PM   #137
SkaDemon
A Defias Bandit
any updates today?
11-11-06, 10:51 PM   #138
Garoun
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by SkaDemon
any updates today?
Today is a federal holiday in the states, and it's the weekend. From what little I know, most invites go out between Tues and Thursday.
11-12-06, 12:01 AM   #139
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by Garoun
Today is a federal holiday in the states, and it's the weekend. From what little I know, most invites go out between Tues and Thursday.
see this post from Cairenn:
We're giving it one more shot (which goes completely against their policy) and sending out another batch to the names that had previously been submitted. They may not go until Monday morning though, given that it's already 6:45pm.
11-13-06, 01:38 PM   #140
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Welp, Monday has come...anyone feeling the love?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » BC Beta Invites Question?