09-03-08, 08:11 PM   #41
TwoMSixer
A Murloc Raider
Thanks! Ill give all that a try in a minute.

I pretty much saw the coolest thing when playing with it today. I held down the y key and my tradeskills popped up in the middle of my screen, allowing me to just mouse over them and theyd open up.

What addon is that? I could see a lot of possibilities with it and want to play around with it.

Hope you continue to support and update your UI, growing on me already. The top bar doesnt bother me so much anymore, since the unimportant stuff fades out most of the way when Im in combat.

Oh and the FPS is good enough. I turned Windowed mode off and it seems to be in the steady 40s now. Anything over 30 works for me.

Last edited by TwoMSixer : 09-03-08 at 08:16 PM.
09-03-08, 08:29 PM   #42
TwoMSixer
A Murloc Raider
Everything worked for the most part, even got my LightHeaded looking like it came with the UI.

Only problem is the Map points still. Holding shift/mouse wheel didnt do anything. Maybe cause my shift key is bound to something else? Couldnt find a binding for World Map Alpha/opacity in WoW's menu.

Any other way to go about raising the alpha on that?

Also, where's the quest tracker? Or if there isnt one, how can I get it back? Some of us aren't 70 yet =). Atleast by time I am Ill know the ins and outs of this UI, haha
09-04-08, 12:06 PM   #43
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TwoMSixer

The cool ring menus are created by the awesomeness of OPie.

To solve the map issue more directly, run /cartographer, then go to Look 'n' Feel where you can adjust the alpha with sliders.

The quest tracker is part of Carbonite. You may have to maximize it by clicking the appropriate button next to your Tracking. It minimizes to this little bar, and maximizes to above your party frames, which are above your main chat.

If you do not see this series of buttons, make sure to enable Carbonite.
09-06-08, 02:57 AM   #44
fatalerror
A Kobold Labourer
Great job.
But...will you bring out an version for 1440x990?
The text is too small...
09-07-08, 08:44 PM   #45
Taggert
A Murloc Raider
Pet bar issue

Hello,

First off let me say i love this UI so far (coming from a die hard Mazzle user)

I am asking this for a warlock friend of mine.
His pet bar consistently fades out when he does not hover over it, this is ok but hes a SL/SL warlock and needs to have devour and silence at the ready at all time , the fading does not allow this. How would he go about fixing this?

Again TY for a great UI =)

Ironshank
70 Dorf Roog
Natural Selection
Muradin
09-07-08, 11:54 PM   #46
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Taggert View Post
Hello,

First off let me say i love this UI so far (coming from a die hard Mazzle user)

I am asking this for a warlock friend of mine.
His pet bar consistently fades out when he does not hover over it, this is ok but hes a SL/SL warlock and needs to have devour and silence at the ready at all time , the fading does not allow this. How would he go about fixing this?

Again TY for a great UI =)

Ironshank
70 Dorf Roog
Natural Selection
Muradin
1. /trinity dockedit
2. Right click the pet bar. A config window will appear
3. Go to the first drop menu under Adjustable Options, select Transparency
4. Using the +/- signs, increase the Value to 1.
5. /trinity dockedit to exit the editing mode.
09-08-08, 12:04 AM   #47
Taggert
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Veniche View Post
1. /trinity dockedit
2. Right click the pet bar. A config window will appear
3. Go to the first drop menu under Adjustable Options, select Transparency
4. Using the +/- signs, increase the Value to 1.
5. /trinity dockedit to exit the editing mode.
Ok thank you very much, he will be most pleased =)

One other question, is it possible to add to the fubar plugins? i like have a few that are not offered and if so where will their icons show?
09-08-08, 06:35 PM   #48
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Ok thank you very much, he will be most pleased =)

One other question, is it possible to add to the fubar plugins? i like have a few that are not offered and if so where will their icons show?
I'm not sure where they will decide to put themselves, but I can tell you how to put them in the only 'non-vertical' FuBar.

1. /fubar
2. Increase the transparency slider, so that you can actually see the FuBars themselves.
3. Go to Bar #1's settings.
4. Open the All Categories drop down menu, and select the FuBar plugins you want to add to Bar #1, make sure the check mark is golden.
5. You'll see your plugins appear on the bar below your combat log that originally just had your MailFu and MrPlow icons.
6. It will probably be necessary to unlock the bar and adjust its length by hovering near the ends (this is easier with the transparency increased) and dragging.
7. Don't forget to lock the bar again, and you should be good
09-09-08, 10:07 AM   #49
NekoSama
A Murloc Raider
Hi, i just install your compilation that just look very nice ^^

But I've got some problems.
First of all, I have a sort of darkness halo all around my screen which is quite boring for my eyes and I can't manage to have a well bright screen (only the center of my screen is bright enought to play....)

Secondly I would like to make the chatbox a little bigger...
(or stop it from reducing every time making it impossible to read. ¤found it sorry¤)

Plus, the font of the Battle log is not under but over it... I can't see the text -_-

Otherwise I really like the design of your UI.. Even if lots of the adds you use bother me

Last edited by NekoSama : 09-09-08 at 10:20 AM.
09-09-08, 10:54 AM   #50
NekoSama
A Murloc Raider
Well, in fact, I just found everythings I needed

The dark halo was the bags and bank fonts from eepanel that was always activated. (I don't like the bag regrouping addon)

So I just managed to delete them and also make the chat log bigger and the combat log visible ^^ (and bigger)

Now i can play !!! It's gonna be Legend *wait for it* dary! Legendary YEAH!!

(I've got to kill gruul tonight, it could have been a little arsh with a dark faded screen and a little chatbox....).

I may have some problem with the raid boxes so, i continue to search for it...
Otherwise it's a great job you done there, just seeing the multiple eepanels made me sick (how did you manage to get that far ^^), I've worked to get the results I wanted 'cause I reeeeeally like your UI skin ^^

Edit:
By the way, I replaced trinity by Bartender because it uses the same bindings than the originals bars. But I kept trinity for exp/honor bars and the two four-button-panel in the center (looks prettier than bartender ^^)

Edit2 :
I found the group listing addon : grid
I would like the frame being upper than yours, is it possible ?

Edit 3 : Everything ok... Screenshots coming soon ^^ ( just few things i want to correct : (1) See the tick on the grid's boxes when raid leadder does a call, is it possible ? (2) View the name of my comrades over their heads every time, not only as target (3) The toolbox wich appears when you pass your mouse over a character or a mob, i would like it to be in a corner (down-right) instead of next to the cursor)

(Please forgive any grammar or spelling mistakes, I'm french )

Last edited by NekoSama : 09-11-08 at 07:11 PM.
09-09-08, 01:20 PM   #51
Taggert
A Murloc Raider
Veniche,
Ty for the tip~

I ran into a odd issue today, my chat tabs on the left side dropped halfway into the box. I tried to move it but when i did the text went fubar and up past the eepanel. I on
accident hit chat default and lost all the cool tabs and colors =(

Is there a fast way to get it back? Or am i doomed to reinstall?

thanks again,

Ironshank
09-10-08, 05:05 PM   #52
Bullroar
A Kobold Labourer
I can't seem to figure out how to increase the size of the raid group icons/box. They are just too small to be of much use right now. Which addon is that anyway?

Thanks for all the work. Your UI is very good.
09-10-08, 05:25 PM   #53
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by NekoSama View Post
Well, in fact, I just found everythings I needed
I would like the frame being upper than yours, is it possible ?
What are you trying to say here? How to copy my Grid appearance.
Use this command to set the profile correctly:
/grid profile choose Onslaught UI

Originally Posted by NekoSama View Post
(1) See the tick on the grid's boxes when raid leadder does a call, is it possible ? (2) View the name of my comrades over their heads every time, not only as target (3) The toolbox wich appears when you pass your mouse over a character or a mob, i would like it to be in a corner (down-right) instead of next to the cursor)
1) You need to download and install a plugin for Grid (Download link). Then go to Grid's configuration (/grid config) then Frame, then select the corner you like the tick to appear, for example Bottom Left Corner, select it and check the box next to the Ready Check status.

2) Go to the Game Menu (ESC), Interface > Game > Names on the left column. Select it and then check all the boxes that you would like the names displayed of.

3) Use /cowtip to enter its settings, then go to Position. Then under Unit, change the offset values to match the ones of Frame.

The eePanel setup was done slowly over time, adding a bit more everytime. Another shadow here, another glassy sheen there. The early versions had a dark gray panel that covered the whole bottom third of the screen. It's been a long ways since then.

Veniche,
Is there a fast way to get it back? Or am i doomed to reinstall?

thanks again,

Ironshank
You only need to copy this file back in your directory to get the chat colors/tabs back:
WTF\Account\(((ACCOUNTNAME)))\(((Server Name)))\(((Charactername)))\chat-cache.txt

Originally Posted by Bullroar View Post
I can't seem to figure out how to increase the size of the raid group icons/box. They are just too small to be of much use right now. Which addon is that anyway?

Thanks for all the work. Your UI is very good.
That's Grid, use /grid config to change its settings. Then Frame > Advanced to find the sliders that control Font Size, Height, Width.
Under Layout you can find a Scale slider and options to unlock it and move it.
09-11-08, 08:19 PM   #54
NekoSama
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Veniche View Post
What are you trying to say here? How to copy my Grid appearance.
Use this command to set the profile correctly:
/grid profile choose Onslaught UI
I already have your grid apperance, but I wanted the Chatlog taller (as the eepanel font) so it was over the grid. I finally found how to move the whole grid up.

1) Ok, thanks, I got it now ^^
2) Well I remebered that Yesterday, It hasn't hit my mond that I had your config ("WTF" folder [Every time I see this file, it looks to me as an acronym for "What The ****"])
3) Ok, thanks a lot. Now it's where it belongs to ^^

Anyway I might look like a parrot but you did a really good job here ^^
Tested and Approved

As I said, here's my modded Onslaught UI

The icons on the top of my screens are my macros
09-22-08, 04:13 AM   #55
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Ok posting question here too is there any chance that you can setup pet target with pitbull as when I enable it it screws with kgPanels and I use pet target with my lock and hunter?
09-22-08, 11:22 AM   #56
Eliam
A Murloc Raider
Hi there.

what a cool UI. But why are you not doin 1280 x 1024 to since some still use that Resolutions, I hope you will chance your mind and make it again. Is a very awsome UI btw
09-23-08, 12:25 PM   #57
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Eliam View Post
Hi there.

what a cool UI. But why are you not doin 1280 x 1024 to since some still use that Resolutions, I hope you will chance your mind and make it again. Is a very awsome UI btw
Resizing the UI takes a long time, its about 80 or so panels that have to be rescaled one by one. Then all the other elements also have to be readjusted. So it's quite the process that I'll undertake when I've got the time.

JaceDaAce: Which version do you use? 8:5?
09-23-08, 08:46 PM   #58
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Yes I use that ratio in particular 1680 x 1050.
I must confess I don't like trinity and I use Dominos but have it set up the same as yours with one difference I still have the pet action bar in the same place but have it scaled so I have only 2 buttons bottom left and the rest in the top row which gives me room to put a Pet target frame with pitbull to the top left of the pet frame. Now when I enable this Pets target frame it seems to attach some of the kgPanels from the Target frame to it and not where they should be. I would give you a screen shot but I am sure you can come up with something. I would try but don't want to spoil the look I can get from you UI.
Thanks for this in advance.

5 out of 5 for this UI
09-27-08, 10:21 AM   #59
Eliam
A Murloc Raider
I hope it will come out some day the 1280 x 1024 i will gief it max point for that
09-27-08, 03:43 PM   #60
Ciko
A Defias Bandit
Hopefully you know what causes this:

I'm dual boxing, and I play in 1680x1050. Changed all account names accordingly, etc, etc.

When I play the game in Full Screen mode (with both accounts running), everything works fine.

If I put both accounts into Windowed mode, I start getting graphical errors left and right. (Think when your video card dies...The graphics all skewed, jagged lines shooting off the screen, etc). If I change the modes back into Full Screen -- Everything goes back to normal, fine and dandy.

Through testing, It's related to the WTF folder. As soon as I reset the WTF folder to default, I can run Windowed mode in 2 games just fine and never get the graphical lines, jagged marks, etc.

I wanted to make sure it wasn't the Interface Folder or Cache Folder so I removed those, went to default, etc, etc and it will still do it as long as that WTF folder is there.

If I run just 1 game in Windowed -- it seems to be fine. As soon as I load that 2nd client in Windowed -- it all goes jagged (even on the login screen).

Lots of rambling, but trying to describe it as accurately as possible. I love this UI and Windowed mode helps a ton when running 2 accounts on the same PC.

Any help you can give would be INSANELY appreciated.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » The Onslaught UI - Information without the clutter