10-13-13, 05:53 PM   #1
Lolaan
A Murloc Raider
Trying to Create an ElvUI compatability Addon

What I'm trying to do is make an addon (or really atm just edit elvui directly; addon to come later) to move the DataTexts and Buff/Config button to the outside of the carbonite map instead of the minimap.

I think it should be as simple as changing the relevant Minimap to use the appropriate NX frame but I tried NXMap1 but it says its a nil value.

Here's the relevant codeblock from ElvUI:

Code:
function LO:CreateMinimapPanels()
	local lminipanel = CreateFrame('Frame', 'LeftMiniPanel', Minimap)
	lminipanel:Point('TOPLEFT', Minimap, 'BOTTOMLEFT', -E.Border, (E.PixelMode and 0 or -3))
	lminipanel:Point('BOTTOMRIGHT', Minimap, 'BOTTOM', -E.Spacing, -((E.PixelMode and 0 or 3) + PANEL_HEIGHT))
	lminipanel:SetTemplate(E.db.datatexts.panelTransparency and 'Transparent' or 'Default', true)
	E:GetModule('DataTexts'):RegisterPanel(lminipanel, 1, 'ANCHOR_BOTTOMLEFT', lminipanel:GetWidth() * 2, -4)

local rminipanel = CreateFrame('Frame', 'RightMiniPanel', Minimap)
	rminipanel:Point('TOPRIGHT', Minimap, 'BOTTOMRIGHT', E.Border, (E.PixelMode and 0 or -3))
	rminipanel:Point('BOTTOMLEFT', lminipanel, 'BOTTOMRIGHT', (E.PixelMode and -1 or 1), 0)
	rminipanel:SetTemplate(E.db.datatexts.panelTransparency and 'Transparent' or 'Default', true)
	E:GetModule('DataTexts'):RegisterPanel(rminipanel, 1, 'ANCHOR_BOTTOM', 0, -4)

if E.db.datatexts.minimapPanels then
		LeftMiniPanel:Show()
		RightMiniPanel:Show()
	else
		LeftMiniPanel:Hide()
		RightMiniPanel:Hide()
	end

local configtoggle = CreateFrame('Button', 'ElvConfigToggle', Minimap)
	configtoggle:Point('TOPLEFT', rminipanel, 'TOPRIGHT', (E.PixelMode and -1 or 1), 0)
	configtoggle:Point('BOTTOMLEFT', rminipanel, 'BOTTOMRIGHT', (E.PixelMode and -1 or 1), 0)
	configtoggle:RegisterForClicks('AnyUp')
	configtoggle:Width(E.ConsolidatedBuffsWidth)
	configtoggle:SetTemplate(E.db.datatexts.panelTransparency and 'Transparent' or 'Default', true)
	configtoggle.text = configtoggle:CreateFontString(nil, 'OVERLAY')
	configtoggle.text:FontTemplate()
	configtoggle.text:SetText('C')
	configtoggle.text:SetPoint('CENTER')
	configtoggle.text:SetJustifyH('CENTER')
	configtoggle:SetScript('OnClick', function(self, btn) 
		if btn == 'LeftButton' then
			E:ToggleConfig()
		else
			E:BGStats()
		end
	end)
	configtoggle:SetScript('OnEnter', function(self)
		GameTooltip:SetOwner(self, 'ANCHOR_BOTTOMRIGHT', 0, -4)
		GameTooltip:ClearLines()
		GameTooltip:AddDoubleLine(L['Left Click:'], L['Toggle Configuration'], 1, 1, 1)

if E.db.datatexts.battleground then
			GameTooltip:AddDoubleLine(L['Right Click:'], L['Show BG Texts'], 1, 1, 1)	
		end
		GameTooltip:Show()
	end)
	configtoggle:SetScript('OnLeave', function(self)
		GameTooltip:Hide()
	end)
end

10-13-13, 07:52 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The problem might be that Carbonite's map is two different sizes: minimized and maximized. I am unsure of how Carbonite differentiates between the two.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-14-13, 08:25 AM   #3
Lolaan
A Murloc Raider
Actually, after mulling on it overnight, I think I'm going to try to detach the appropriate ElvUI frames from the minimap instead and put them into their own area. Should be far more workable than trying to attach everything to Carbonite's map.

Though I wouldn't mind knowing why it didn't work for educational reasons, not very fluent with the wow UI yet.

10-14-13, 03:32 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I suspect that the problem is that the Blizzard api for "attaching buttons to the minimap" applies only to Blizzard's minimap, since the Carbonite "minimap" isn't the same as the Blizzard minimap.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Trying to Create an ElvUI compatability Addon