05-16-08, 09:16 PM   #1
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
Combat Filter not working

Just noticed Combat Filter doesn't work anymore.....anyone else experiencing this issue of Chat Frame 6 and 7 not reporting and damage in or out?
05-17-08, 01:46 AM   #2
LightGuard
A Cyclonian
SimpleCombatLog was not updated for 2.4 and hence the new combat log system. Remove it and use CombatFilter from Ace.
05-17-08, 03:19 AM   #3
Verissi
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I also noticed some issues with CombatFilter acting strangely of late, like showing my hunter's pet's damage, but not my own in ChatFrame6 (looked to be an AND condition for some reason). To fix this, I created a new filter with its output directed to ChatFrame6 and enabled my pet in "Done by", then unchecked my pet's checkbox in my original "Self" filter. Don't forget to reapply the filters once you do this or they won't take.

I don't know if this is an add-on problem or Blizzard monkeying around with the filter system without noting it, but it surely was annoying until I could find some non-raid time to figure out what happened. I haven't checked to see if the same problems exist with incoming damage, but I would suspect so. It only seems to affect players and their pets from my limited testing, so each requires its own filter now. I'll try to squeeze in some further testing in my next raid to see if it's only the source filters that are wonky.
05-17-08, 08:49 AM   #4
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by LightGuard View Post
SimpleCombatLog was not updated for 2.4 and hence the new combat log system. Remove it and use CombatFilter from Ace.
That is what I am using and said above and the title.

Anyone else experiencing this. I haven't seen any updates nor can I find a forum for it as it isn't listed on the wowace site.

Maybe something from the patch broke the addon.
05-19-08, 01:39 PM   #5
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Blizzard changed the default behaviour of the combat log (again in 2.4.2). CombatFilter can/will still work but you may need to tweak some of the settings. Otherwise you can go to window 2 and make sure it is set to show everything, not just self, and that should fix it.

if not I will do some digging. I am not able to log in at the moment to look more right now.
05-19-08, 02:54 PM   #6
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
Seems to be just one toon...my main that it isn't reporting to 6 or 7...now I did re mazzify the button layout recently and maybe something with that jacked up combatfilter? It does work on my alt though.

I tried reapplying the filters and nothing.
05-19-08, 03:29 PM   #7
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
Ok nosed around and looked a little closer.....On my main and alt changing the settings of Blizzards Combat settings did nothing to my main or alt.

After looking at the log a little closer on my alt where it works...I noticed it is only recording my pets incoming and outgoing only. Nothing from me.
05-19-08, 04:20 PM   #8
Floppy
A Murloc Raider

As a quick fix I have jsut broken the filters down....my pet and I each have Input and Output Filters...

Seems to have fixed it for now anyway.
05-19-08, 05:00 PM   #9
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
That did the trick.
Thanks!
05-20-08, 10:04 AM   #10
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Im having issues with combatfilter as well. The only way it will show anything in frame 6 is if i uncheck everything and basically have it show all. Which is fine i suppose.... if you want a lot of garbage info. Also is there anyway to get things broke down more like simplecombatlog did? IE removing more of the unnecessary words?
05-20-08, 02:10 PM   #11
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Grimsin View Post
Im having issues with combatfilter as well. The only way it will show anything in frame 6 is if i uncheck everything and basically have it show all. Which is fine i suppose.... if you want a lot of garbage info. Also is there anyway to get things broke down more like simplecombatlog did? IE removing more of the unnecessary words?
Do a search for combat filter and that post will explain how to set it up with the 2 windows chat frame 6 and 7 like before 2.4
05-20-08, 03:54 PM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Also is there anyway to get things broke down more like simplecombatlog did? IE removing more of the unnecessary words?
HitsMode is like Simple Combat Log, only imho much better as there are a lot more options. I like the breakdown of fight info you get after you kill a mob... very nice.
05-21-08, 10:38 AM   #13
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Oh yea hitsmode looks way better then combatfilter and i havnt installed it yet lol. going to check it out right now. thanks!
05-21-08, 11:14 AM   #14
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Oh yea, confirmed. hitsmode is awesome. slightly more complicated then combat filter but far more versatile. Once you figure out how it works it beats the heck out of the old simplecombatlog and combat filter. It needs an option to hide that quick filter bar on the original bliz combat window. (known to mazzle users as private chat frame)

Now if i could just get whichhunt to work right and the layer alpha on trinketmenu fixed i would have a flawless mazzle again. Granted dont ask me if i can do a full mazzlfiy. Thank god all my chars were mazzled before 2.4, i can do upgrades though like to fix button layouts, chat windows, and change the skin.
05-22-08, 10:34 PM   #15
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Oh yea, confirmed. hitsmode is awesome. slightly more complicated then combat filter but far more versatile. Once you figure out how it works it beats the heck out of the old simplecombatlog and combat filter. It needs an option to hide that quick filter bar on the original bliz combat window. (known to mazzle users as private chat frame)
While it will not be included in the first addon/core fix release for 2.4.2 HitsMode will be added to mazzle as a replacement to SCL on the next release of the two hopefully by end of next week.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Combat Filter not working