06-30-09, 11:17 AM   #1
zette
A Kobold Labourer
Premium Member
price data lost after UI reset

I had to reset UI by removing the cache, interface, and wtf folders

All auctioneer data price data are lost
Cannot find the deleted folders

The folders are gone, but for next time, what is/are the name/s of the folder/s containing the data from price scans?

Is scanning the AH each day the only way to get price data? Is there a way of getting the data for my server from other users' scans? If not, why not?

Are there any options or settings to have auctioneer ignore very high or low prices? A number of people on my server make many listings each day for more than ten times the going price.

Is there any way of calling up data on my own previous auctions of an item? Selling price or asking price that didn't sell and how many times each?

Thanks a million in advance. Thank you for Carbonite and Auctioneer Suite.
06-30-09, 12:21 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

All of the Auctioneer data from scans and also your pricing, history, etc are stored in the WTF folder. The file names are typically identical to the addon name. Auctioneer stores theirs on a per server basis. So in the WTF folder, you'd browse throug to the server name, then into the main SavedVariables folder (not the toon specific ones) and youd find the data there.

And yes, scanning the AH is the easiest way to get data for your particular server. Auctioneer does have the option to show data from WoWecon also though. Do a google search for it and decide for yourself whether you want to install it or not. I believe it was updated/installed through an exe file.
07-28-09, 01:16 PM   #3
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I've had huge issues with WowEcon, that was a long time back though. One problem Auctioneer does have is that it won't completely ignore low/high prices that are 5-10x out of the average but I do know at some point that it implemented some code that took them out of the averaging equation, or lessened them to some extent.

I know in AuctionLite it greys out the prices way lower or higher than the 'average' and I think Auctioneer is coded to do the same.

But yeah just find the Auctioneer files in the WTF folder and backup them up occasionally!
08-20-09, 03:41 PM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

For a very long time I've been confused about how to "keep and use" my previously-scanned AH data.

I've read the wowwiki pages about 'backing up' folders, etc., but those pages do not answer fully the issue I'm concerned with.

Auctioneer's Installation Instuctions tell us to remove a number of folders completely from the Addons subdirectory, supposedly because installing the lastest update will create those folders again automatically.

That's confusing.

If I want to copy-back my previously-scanned data (and, overwrite what is in the newly-installed folders), then why did I have to get rid of my originals in the first place?

It makes no sense to me.

Beyond that, I have tried to find information that tells me specifically which file(s)/ or folders, etc. are the only ones that contain the data I spent so much time 'building' from repeated scanning at the AH.

I wish somebody could provide a plain-english, step-by-step procedure to:

-- prepare to install a new Auctioneer update (backing up existing data first - note: that's already on wowwiki).

-- reapplying the specific "saved data" (filenames/extensions, or folders) back into the proper folders in the .../Addons folders.

Rather wordy of me, but I'm confused about why I have to delete folders and then copy the same ones back again.

Any help will be appreciated greatly!
08-30-09, 11:05 AM   #5
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Kreelor , I'm not totally sure of what you're trying to achieve here.

The scan data is in Auc-Scandata.lua which should be in :

World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<accountname>/<realmname>/SavedVariables

They might of been talking about clearing out any old Auctioneer modules in the Addons folder that are no longer being used.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Auctioneer/Enchantrix/Gatherer » price data lost after UI reset