12-23-09, 01:59 PM   #1
blackepsilon
A Defias Bandit
spam from this addon when not even using it

so i was randomly getting DC'd from the game only, and i downloaded an addon called addonspamfu, part of fubar, the thing that i saw rather shocked me, between people in guild and people on my friendslist, i was getting spam from an addon trying to contact an addon that im not even using, nor have ever used. this is a problem that should be fixed, considering the only way i can avoid this traffic, would be to put the person on ignore, which im not going to do. it would really be appreciated if this issue could get resolved

12-23-09, 04:49 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Your random disconnects could be anything. If it really was a Carbonite problem then many people using Carbonite would experience it, which they don't from what I have seen.

Info here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27893

12-23-09, 11:42 PM   #3
blackepsilon
A Defias Bandit
well, considering i was getting traffic from at times 40 people, and the addon kept trying to communicate with my non existent version, it was causing me to DC, much like gearscore would cause some people who wernt using the addon and got spammed by requests by it

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » spam from this addon when not even using it