06-08-05, 07:50 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
On-going problems from yesterday's patch

Vika has released a new file in an on-going attempt to beat the
[string "Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua"]:214: attempt to conccatenate local 'button' (a table value)
error into submission.

Same link as before here.

Right-click and choose Save As.
Save it as UIPanelTemplates.lua (overwrite your existing copy if you have a previous verison).
Save it into your ../World of Warcraft/Interface/FrameXML folder. Create the FrameXML folder if you don't already have one.
Make sure you refresh your browser cache (F5) so you get the most current version of the file. Hopefully this will be the last of it.

Vika, Iriel and any number of other folks are being absolutely fantastic on both the Official Blizz UI forum and on this board, trying to help folks out with the problems they are experiencing since the patch yesterday. Major kudos to them!
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 06-09-05 at 05:57 PM.
06-09-05, 09:33 PM   #2
medi
A Kobold Labourer
New errors with the fix

When I first saw the error you discribe I installed this file.

The error was occuring when I tried to use my first aid or leather working skill. The file fixes that problem.

Unfortunately I still have many errors. At login I get:
[string UIParentDragButton:OnLoad"]:2:attempt to index a nil value.

during play, while looting items I get:
[string Interface\FrameXML\MainMenuBarBagButtons.lu.":62:attempt to index a nil value

I get this same error when I exercise a skill (like leather working) just as the progress bar completes...

Cheers...
06-09-05, 09:47 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Medi, can I suggest that you start a thread in the Help forum. Detail the errors you are getting now, like you just did, but also include what mods you are using, please? Hopefully the community here will be able to help you track down what's causing the problems for you.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-23-05, 06:10 PM   #4
Ghoste
A Kobold Labourer
Fix for MainMenuBarBagButtons.lua error on looting / item acquisition

Originally Posted by medi
Unfortunately I still have many errors. At login I get:
[string UIParentDragButton:OnLoad"]:2:attempt to index a nil value.

during play, while looting items I get:
[string Interface\FrameXML\MainMenuBarBagButtons.lua.":62:attempt to index a nil value

I get this same error when I exercise a skill (like leather working) just as the progress bar completes...

Cheers...
Sorry to semi-necro this thread, but I had these exact two problems when using Insomniax 1.6 beta 1 or 2.

To fix it, I did this:
  1. Close World Of Warcraft (this was the hardest step )
  2. Navigate to your World Of Warcraft install folder, "c:\program files\world of warcraft\" by default
  3. Rename your Interface folder as "Interface_old" or something similar.
  4. Do the same for your WDB and WTF folders. (not sure if this is necessary... I didn't, but I also haven't tried reverting these steps)
  5. Re-extract "ix_recompilation_v1.6_beta_02.zip" - it will create a new Interface folder.
  6. Lauch the game, suck it up and reconfigure your toolbars, etc., and enjoy error-free item looting

If something goes wrong you can always repeat step 1 and 2 and then delete the newly created Interface, WDB, and WTF folders, and rename your backups to the original name.

Last edited by Ghoste : 06-23-05 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added title

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » On-going problems from yesterday's patch