06-11-05, 10:58 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
FauxScrollFrame Error from the 7 June 05 Patch

Beladona has come up with a solution to that nasty lingering problem, that does not require messing with the FrameXML folder/files. You can download it here.

Thank you very much Beladona, I'm sure many many people will be very happy to see this. I want to, once again, thank Vika for the temporary solution she was able to provide previously. A lot of folks wouldn't be playing right now if it hadn't been for that.

Kudos to both of you, and kudos to all the people, on all the sites, that have been working so hard this entire week to track down problems that came of Tuesday's patch, coming up with solutions to those problems, and giving an incredible amount of their personal time to respond to the pleas for help. The entire UI-using community would be a far poorer place without all of you. Thank you.
06-11-05, 11:56 AM   #2
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know that patch issues like these are troublesome, especially for the users who have no idea how to go about hotfixing their version locally. Its a tremendous effort to go about troubleshooting even a seemingly simple issue like this and to come up with a fix for it, especially without being prompted for, or having any benefit from such endeavors.

Kudos to all of you who keep giving us support where none is asked.
06-11-05, 05:34 PM   #3
kethdredd
A Murloc Raider
Does anyone know if this fixes bibmod?
06-11-05, 05:37 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
If the errors you are receiving with Bibmod are as described (FauxScrollFrame related), it should. Can't hurt to try it, and if it doesn't, easy enough to remove it.
06-11-05, 07:02 PM   #5
greggerojr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi, I need some help with this fix.

Hello all. I'm new to the whole interface scene so please bear with me. Exactly where do I put the new files for this fix? The previous "fix" had instructions on where to put the files. I tried adding the 3 files to Addons and also to FrameXL and had no luck. Any advice?

Thanks,

Greg

P.S. I'd like to thank everyone who works to improve my gameplaying experience and has the passion to put aside their playing time to chase bugs. Thanks again!
06-11-05, 08:35 PM   #6
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
you dont add the 3 files, you add the whole folder. There should be a folder in the zip called, FauxScrollFrameFix. Place that entire folder into your AddOns folder just like you would any other AddOn...
06-12-05, 01:29 AM   #7
greggerojr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks!

That makes sense now that I look at it.

Thanks again.
06-12-05, 03:39 AM   #8
Mook
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Bless You

Nice work!
06-13-05, 04:35 PM   #9
tora
A Defias Bandit
still got errors

i still get string errors in professions and grouping put the fix where u said in addons folder. could use a complete walkthrough to get this fixed erased everything and started over and still ui dont work

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » FauxScrollFrame Error from the 7 June 05 Patch