06-07-05, 12:49 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
UI Errors in Today's Patch (7 Jun 05)

- There has been an error found with the mod Archaeologist. Disable it until Anduinlothar releases the update on Curse-Gaming. Thread

- There have been reported errors with CT_RaidAssist. Disable it until Cide & TS get the patched version out. Threads here and here

- And the big one that seems to be causing the most problems so far:

[string "Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua"]:214: attempt to conccatenate local 'button' (a table value)

They seem to have tracked down what the problem that is causing the above error.

For mod users, Vika has uploaded a temporary fix, you can get it here

For mod authors, the complete fix you need for your mod is:

Originally Posted by Vika

Here is a change we were not notified about, the function,FauxScrollFrame_Update

Has been changed.

It now accepts 10 arguements instead of 7.

If you used it previously, like this:

FauxScrollFrame_Update(old1,old2,old3,old4,old5,old6,old7)

You now need to use it like this

FauxScrollFrame_Update(old1,old2,old3,old4,nill,nil,nil,old5,old6,old7)

Please make your changes, Mod Authors
Further info for mod authors:

Originally Posted by Iriel

Technically speaking this wasn't really an API change, and so no notifcation isn't really that surprising. All manner of small changes happen in the UI each patch.

Looking at the UI code, the change was from:

FauxScrollFrame_Update (frame,numItems,numToDisplay,valueStep,highlightFrame,smallHighlightWidth,bigHighlightWidth)

To

FauxScrollFrame_Update (frame,numItems,numToDisplay,valueStep,button,smallWidth,bigWidth,highlightFrame,smallHighlightWidth,bigHighlightWidth)

Other minor changes that might bite people:

* UnitFrame_UpdateManaType(unitFrame) now has the frame as an argument, and used to have no arguments.
* SecondsToTime(seconds, noSeconds) now has the optional noSeconds argument, which wasn't there before.
* BattlefieldFrameJoinButton_OnClick(joinAsGroup) now has the new optional joinAsGroup argument.
* JoinBattlefield(?,?) now has an optional second argument (I'm guessing it'll be joinAsGroup)
Will continue to update this as further errors and fixes are discovered.

Last edited by Cairenn : 06-07-05 at 05:36 PM.
06-07-05, 02:49 PM   #2
Vika
A Murloc Raider
That macro causes crashes, sorry, I just typed it without being able to actually test it. Just wait for the AddOn authors to adjust their code....
06-07-05, 02:59 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yeah, saw that, was just coming to edit it. Thank you for pointing it out though, Vika, in case I hadn't noticed it. Thank you even more for helping track down what the various problems are and helping to fix them!
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-07-05, 03:04 PM   #4
Vika
A Murloc Raider
http://www.xchain.org/Vika/UIPanelTemplates.lua

Done.

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua

Put this file there and you'll no longer get crashes. Stuff mignt not work right, but it won't crash either.
06-07-05, 03:11 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thank you Vika. Remember folks, it's intended as a temporary fix until the mod authors get an opportunity to update their mods.
06-07-05, 09:22 PM   #6
legionpdx
A Kobold Labourer
Don't mean to sound stupid, but WHAT FILE??

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me directly due to limited online usage. Thanks.

Kristofer

Originally Posted by Vika
http://www.xchain.org/Vika/UIPanelTemplates.lua

Done.

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua

Put this file there and you'll no longer get crashes. Stuff mignt not work right, but it won't crash either.
06-07-05, 09:37 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Open up any text editor (like Notepad or some such).
Copy the text to a new document.
Save it to your desktop using the name UIPanelTemplates. It will want to save as a .txt file. That's fine, let it.
Once it's saved on your desktop, right click on it, choose "rename". Change the extension from .txt to .lua
Copy into your ../World of Warcraft/Interface/FrameXML folder.
If you don't already have a FrameXML folder, create one.
If you do already have a FrameXML folder, make sure you delete any files that are already inside it, they're just going to break more mods on you.
06-08-05, 07:38 AM   #8
S.u.B
A Kobold Labourer
Sorry for bothering you but i still have problems with that bug.
Firstlly i tried to download a file which u posted and copy it to D:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\FrameXML .
It didn't help so I open that page : http://www.xchain.org/Vika/UIPanelTemplates.lua ,
copied text and paste it in my Notepad. After i saved a file i tried to change the
extension from .txt to .lua
Unfortunetlly I wasn't able to After i click to change a file name i see only : UIPanelTemplates without ANY extension ( it's probablly one of my Windows XP setting - i can't see extensions in file names ).
I tried to add an ennding .lua but after i checked file info i saw that file name is UIPanelTemplates.lua.txt
Have you got any ideas what to do now ? I would b verry thankfull for reply.
06-10-05, 05:13 PM   #9
Remnarc
A Kobold Labourer
Fast and easy,

RIGHT click your Start button, Menu pops-up, Select Explore, Window pops-up, Select Tools at the top of the Window, Menu pops-up, Select Folder Options, Window pops-up, Select the View tab at the top. In there you need to uncheck Hide extensions for known file types. This is only an issue with Windows XP. (if I remember correctly) Hope this helps.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » UI Errors in Today's Patch (7 Jun 05)