01-09-06, 07:59 PM   #1
Ophite
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

(Trivial) Purchased Pet Floater

I want to make a floater to remind me to pull out my purchased pet (snake, ****roach, etc)...i tried using it as a buff active condition (crimson snake), but it doesn't seem to work. Any idea how the pet being out is treated in terms of button config?

Thanks.
01-09-06, 08:00 PM   #2
Ophite
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Funny, I guess I can't specify the type of roach...
01-11-06, 04:50 PM   #3
Ophite
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Any ideas?
01-11-06, 05:29 PM   #4
Logdan
A Black Drake
AFAIK, you can't get a solid "my non combat pet is out" true/false statement.
01-11-06, 05:46 PM   #5
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
There've been a couple posts (you can probably search for them) on how to make an OnLoad firing function that sets a variable, and then how to build a macro that toggles that variable. It probably wouldn't be too difficult, assuming you understand the basics of how this LUA code stuff works, to modify that code to toggle a variable when you click whatever button to summon your non-combat pet, and click it again to unsummon it.

This would not, of course, be actually checking for the condition of the pet being out. It'd just be in synch with that, assuming nothing got that out of synch (you'd have to make it reset after zoning -- not sure offhand if that counts as OnLoad or not).

I know this isn't an answer, but maybe it's a direction.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » (Trivial) Purchased Pet Floater