04-22-09, 04:24 PM   #1
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

ATSW/Skillet replacement

Anyone know of any kind of trade skill window replacements like Skillet or ATSW? Neither have been updated in a while.

Last edited by Spectro : 04-22-09 at 04:26 PM.
04-22-09, 04:35 PM   #2
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm concerned as to where you're getting your information...ATSW was updated on the 18th, and today is the 22nd. At any rate: not being updated does not equate to being broken. Many addons do not require constant maintenance to function perfectly fine.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-22-09, 05:30 PM   #3
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
I'm concerned as to where you're getting your information...ATSW was updated on the 18th, and today is the 22nd. At any rate: not being updated does not equate to being broken. Many addons do not require constant maintenance to function perfectly fine.
Skillet's last update was November, and is in the "kinda works but throws random errors in your face" stage.
04-22-09, 05:41 PM   #4
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ok, but ATSW has been updated, contrary to what the OP said. My comment still stands: Not being updated does not necessarily mean the addon needs to be replaced. In Skillet's case, that does not seem to be true - it is broken.

04-22-09, 06:06 PM   #5
Ambrya
Premium Member
Premium Member
While ATSW has indeed been updated, unfortunately it STILL has the problem of slowing my game down to a crawl whenever I open it on my scribe, so I'm waiting with bated breath for someone to take Skillet in hand.
04-22-09, 08:10 PM   #6
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Right now im having issue with both ATSW and Skillet. However to be fair it not entirely the authors fault. I also use lisparkys auction pricer for tradeskill so you ahve an idea what to post crafted items to hopefully break even.

Something about how ATSW hooks something or other. Skillet pretty well functions fine, tho behaves oddly at times.

On the whole i ahve 3 installed.....ATSW/ATSW_levels, Producer, adn Skillet.

I use them all, but on different characters. Some tradeskills work better on one than the other or I just prefer this one over that one for certain trades.

Producer is the newest and is the most compact of them. Til one of them ends up unusable or pulls away as my fav I'm quite happy to try them all.
04-22-09, 08:41 PM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tithulta View Post
On the whole i ahve 3 installed.....ATSW/ATSW_levels, Producer, adn Skillet.

I use them all, but on different characters. Some tradeskills work better on one than the other or I just prefer this one over that one for certain trades.

Producer is the newest and is the most compact of them. Til one of them ends up unusable or pulls away as my fav I'm quite happy to try them all.
<Shameless Plug>

Have you tried Revelation?

</Shameless Plug>

04-22-09, 11:03 PM   #8
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Skillet's broken ?

News to me.

*opens Skillet engineering window 8 times*

Nope.

As far as I know I'm using the version posted in December. version 1.12.2

Can you install a decent bug grabbing addon and post the output of it ?
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
04-23-09, 12:04 AM   #9
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Strange. I must've read the date wrong for ATSW. Skillet is broken, though.

Are there any complications with using ATSW and Revelation together?

Also, no offense, but you're coming off as very elitist. I know that I don't necessarily need to be using the latest build of an addon in order for it to work, but like I said, Skillet is broken and ATSW was having issues as well.

I know there are a lot of ignorant people in this community, but that doesn't mean you need to assume everyone is.

Last edited by Spectro : 04-23-09 at 12:17 AM.
04-23-09, 12:09 AM   #10
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

None. In fact, I added an ATSW scan-check in Revelation to make it compatible.

04-23-09, 12:19 AM   #11
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
Skillet is broken, though.
May I ask what is not working?
04-23-09, 12:21 AM   #12
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by FrankN View Post
May I ask what is not working?
I don't remember exactly. I used it a week or so ago, and I remember having issues.

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
None. In fact, I added an ATSW scan-check in Revelation to make it compatible.
Nice. Thanks.

Last edited by Spectro : 04-23-09 at 12:23 AM.
04-23-09, 01:01 AM   #13
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
I don't remember exactly. I used it a week or so ago, and I remember having issues.

Nice. Thanks.
And I'm saying I'm using it right now. With zero problems on multiple characters.

The error you got might not of been Skillet's fault at all rather an addon that hooks into something Skillet was using that bugged a function out.

I do remember an error coming up with both Stubby & Skillet listed in the stack trace that disappeared once I updated Auctioneer.

Are you using a decent error grabbing addon ?
Does it bug out if you only have skillet loaded ?

PS My post wasn't meant to be elitest or snobby at all. I'm sorry if you read as such. Was just trying to point out that it's working fine for me in a joking manner I'm sorry I offended you
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 04-23-09 at 01:09 AM.
04-23-09, 01:55 AM   #14
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by honem View Post
The error you got might not of been Skillet's fault at all rather an addon that hooks into something Skillet was using that bugged a function out.

I do remember an error coming up with both Stubby & Skillet listed in the stack trace that disappeared once I updated Auctioneer.

Are you using a decent error grabbing addon ?
Does it bug out if you only have skillet loaded ?
Skillet works fine for me, beside a minor glitch. Skillet gives some kind of "error" to me, too. Unfortunately, it does not show up in BugSack, it just gives a chat message that LibPossessions caused an error with ArkInventory and the addon will not be used. I could not figure out which addon is stoped after this message, since Skillet, ArkInventory, and all my other addons still work normal after the chat message.
As I mostly use the tradskills in one of the major cities it disapears to fast in /2 spam and it did not bother to scroll up, at least not as long as everthing works as intended
04-23-09, 02:31 AM   #15
sokahar
A Murloc Raider
I stopped using Skillet, because everytime I would open it, it would open and (I assume) start scanning the known recipes for that character.

At that point the game locks up. I have to kill the task, to use my character again.

I use Bugsack, but since I had to kill the task, I don't think anything is saved regarding errors.
04-23-09, 02:54 AM   #16
larkrune
A Murloc Raider
I have had the same general issue with Skillet as Sokahar, in that when I open the window the game locks up, but it generally only locks up for a few seconds and then is fine... Haven't been throwing any errors that I know of, and it doesn't bug me enough to quit using Skillet. Most of the time I chalk it up to my 28k dialup
04-23-09, 05:44 AM   #17
SimonJWill
A Murloc Raider
Skillet, for me works but not without faults. After 3.1.1 it sits and scans each tradeskill everytime I open them now. I havnt tried ATSW for awhile, but last time I was using it I transfered to Skillet as it had better features(not sure which ones now)
Would be nice to see these updated or a similar one - all the new Tradeskill windows seem to use menu systems rather than a larger version of the original tradeskill window
04-23-09, 08:33 AM   #18
shdwphnx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by FrankN View Post
Skillet works fine for me, beside a minor glitch. Skillet gives some kind of "error" to me, too. Unfortunately, it does not show up in BugSack, it just gives a chat message that LibPossessions caused an error with ArkInventory and the addon will not be used. I could not figure out which addon is stoped after this message, since Skillet, ArkInventory, and all my other addons still work normal after the chat message.
As I mostly use the tradskills in one of the major cities it disapears to fast in /2 spam and it did not bother to scroll up, at least not as long as everthing works as intended
This is actually due to a change in the latest version of ArkInventory, and means that Skillet will not be able to use ArkInventory to check what reagents you have in the bank. If you do not have any other compatible bank inventory addons, then Skillet will only tell you what you can make using what you are actually carrying.
04-23-09, 09:14 AM   #19
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by honem View Post
Skillet's broken ?

News to me.

*opens Skillet engineering window 8 times*

Nope.

As far as I know I'm using the version posted in December. version 1.12.2

Can you install a decent bug grabbing addon and post the output of it ?
I already have Swatter installed.. I'll start grabbing errors next time I can. (Probably Sunday.)

Basic problems:
- Often posts errors along the lines of "invalid sorting" .. I've spotted Ace3 in the error. No more error details than that off the top of my head though. I sort by Difficulty. Usually looks right after the error posts. Sometimes it will update its sort to something else without my prompting.. and then change back shortly thereafter.
- When I open Skillet with my Enchanting skill, then use TradeTabs to switch it to Inscription, it sits hung for quite some time. Some combination of patience and pounding on the Rescan button causes Inscription to finally appear. This happens once per login.. after Inscription has successfully loaded once, it will load cleanly and quickly thereafter until I log out. (This always worked fine prior the 3.1 patch, and I haven't changed my addon setup since.)
- No longer compatible with Bagnon. Similar to Arkinventory above, the API seems to have changed. Gave an error and then said "will no longer use this addon". Not sure how to get that error back.
04-23-09, 10:45 AM   #20
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by shdwphnx View Post
This is actually due to a change in the latest version of ArkInventory, and means that Skillet will not be able to use ArkInventory to check what reagents you have in the bank. If you do not have any other compatible bank inventory addons, then Skillet will only tell you what you can make using what you are actually carrying.
This was my first thought. I have no other bank/inventory addon installed, but Skillet still shows the accurate number of producable goods. So I will use it until it is totally broken and hoping for another addon which displays trade skills not in a menu.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » ATSW/Skillet replacement