09-18-07, 02:46 PM   #41
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fearlezz
still looking for a good casting bar mod, any recomendations?
If you don't like the menu options why don't you try AzCastBar
09-18-07, 06:09 PM   #42
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Fearlezz
still looking for a good casting bar mod, any recomendations?
You mean like Quartz or eCastingBar?

eCastingBar is small and very lightweight and there are even a few skin packs released to it

Quartz is renowned and in my own opinion i can't get enough of the LiteStep skin, its my all time favourite, i use it on all my bars now.
09-18-07, 06:11 PM   #43
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by malcite
uses at best 31mb and thats if i leave the garbage collection button alone for a long time
I never touch the garbage collection feature, can you get one to auto collect garbage when it gets high?
09-18-07, 06:18 PM   #44
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Qynova
I never touch the garbage collection feature, can you get one to auto collect garbage when it gets high?
Hmm, not sure about auto. Alot of these auto features where removed due to farmbots using them so much, but on wowwiki i spotted a small section dedicated to the garbage collection feature which might be worth checking out. There where alot of different commands there and one of them may be a link on how to make this auto garbagecleaner macro. Myself i just have the PreformanceFU mod on my Fubar and i just have to click it to clean it. In addition it helps to clean the dmg meters as they seem to have a will of their own at times and retain alot of data even though you cleaned t up. (noticeable on Recount and SWstats in particular)
09-18-07, 08:33 PM   #45
Fearlezz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Slakah
If you don't like the menu options why don't you try AzCastBar
thx but no thx, quite satisfied with quartz. still fine tuning it and searching for my ideal setup gonna get you updated on the min addon memory used soon
09-18-07, 08:41 PM   #46
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

um...isn't automatic garbage collection inherent to LUA?

and the automatic garbage collection process was improved with the changes in 2.0 with the update to LUA 5.1...

you can force a garbage collection (by clicking on PerformanceFu, for example, as well as with command line code, i think), but garbage will be automatically collected whenever it reaches certain parameters (which i believe you can also modify).
09-18-07, 09:02 PM   #47
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Qynova
You may want to check this addon:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...2-GCTweak.html
09-18-07, 09:28 PM   #48
Fearlezz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
here it is:

the big one is the casting bar, the one above to the left is the focus casting bar, and the one to the right tartet casting bar.

nothing from the stuff you see while raiding/bg is not turned off, stuff that is still here but doesn't show cause i'm not in grp is:
- necb
- dbm
- sct
- sctd
- grid

if you wanna know how they look, check a page or two back where my shammy is @ gruul's lair.

all the stuff in the background that can't be seen aka trade window, damage recording mods, auctioneer etc is turned off. the result:

29mb addon memory used

after 20 min in bg it was 30mb

still to heavy?

edit: still can't decide about the castbar colour, will have to fiddle with it

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » What mods..?