05-15-08, 01:10 AM   #1
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
Help with UI..

Hello .. this is my first time posting in these forums... I need some help from somone... I'm making my own UI from scratch.. and I cant find a "Shell" if you will.. to put my buttons and action bars and minimap in.... I found one that i like.. but im having a bit of a problem finding out how to put it on.. or what mod or addin to use to put it on.. this is the one i like

If i can find somthing similar.. or at least somthing that will help me put a shell to my floating buttons and stuff... that would make me happy.. Ill continue to look tho.. But ill check back here if i cant find anything

OH also.. Im looking to find where i may be able to put 3d models on my party and targeted mobs... SOmthing like what mazzel had... Correction.. exactly like what mazzel had.. thanks ^^

Last edited by blessedarkangel : 05-15-08 at 01:15 AM.
05-15-08, 02:58 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is what your looking for Elenw UI

As for the 3d models you can use ZMobDBAdvanced5

Not sure how close you can get the look that Mazzle had since those were custom made by Mazzle.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 05-15-08 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Because im an idiot.
05-15-08, 04:08 AM   #3
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
TY verry verry much ... Im gonna try to 3d models right now.. As for the UI.. I dont need anything other then the ui frame... Like the images behind all the buttons and gizmos.. it dosent have to be exactly that.. maybe somwhere theres a library of them? Or like a plugin that puts it on there?

Edit:

OMG ty so much.. the 3d models work awsome... i can even click on the pictures... now i just need to get the UI thing done with then ill configure them and put the discord unit frames in place..

EDIT:

Another thing i cant get rid of .. is the buff bar by what use to be the minimap .. up in the top rght corner.. know how to do away with that? ... Here .. lemmie take a screenshot and show ya my UI and wha ti got so far... Im just waiting on the graphix then ill spend the hours its gonna take putting the dicord unit frames and the 3d models down to where they need too be.. after all that .. ill finaly finish up with OMEN2.. some guild mods.. and maybe some invintory mods to tell me what stats are good for me lol.... any sugjestions? Im also gonna put on supiroir inspect.. for functionality..

Last edited by blessedarkangel : 05-15-08 at 05:07 AM.
05-15-08, 06:47 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by blessedarkangel View Post
EDIT:

Another thing i cant get rid of .. is the buff bar by what use to be the minimap .. up in the top rght corner.. know how to do away with that? ... Here .. lemmie take a screenshot and show ya my UI and wha ti got so far... Im just waiting on the graphix then ill spend the hours its gonna take putting the dicord unit frames and the 3d models down to where they need too be.. after all that .. ill finaly finish up with OMEN2.. some guild mods.. and maybe some invintory mods to tell me what stats are good for me lol.... any sugjestions? Im also gonna put on supiroir inspect.. for functionality.. << Image Removed >>
To move the default Buff/Debuff display, use Fluid Frames. Otherwise use a buff mod like Buffalo or SatrinaBuffFrame

To figure out what stats are good for your class, read up on the Elitist Jerks forums. All the theorycrafting and numbers you can handle (or not) can be found on the EJ forums. To compare stats in game get RatingBuster.

I would recommend getting a Chat mod to modify your chat (remove the buttons, enable mouse scrolling, etc). Ones to look for include PhanxChat, Chatter.zip (my favorite), or one of the idChat based mods.

You can also mod the Chat tabs with Fane.

If you are releasing this UI to the public, then I would not recommend Guild mods as every guild has different requirements/preferences. No need to clutter up a download with those type of mods.

If you are using Bongos 3 or Bartender 4, I would dump cyCircled and go with ButtonFacade (and the Bongos 3 BF plug-in). BF will also "skin" AutoBar's buttons. BF skins can be found on this site or on the WoWAce files site. More info on the ButtonFacade WoWAce Wiki entry

Consider reducing some of your FuBar plug-ins to simply icons or better yet, have FuBar set to auto hide. See if you can eliminate some of the buttons on the MiniMap. The Tracking Button can be replaced with a FuBar plug-in. The Auctioneer based ones can goto SlideBar (packaged with Auctioneer). The Bongos button can be hidden and Bongos accessed by the /command
Code:
/bongos
Trinket Menu's button can be hidden and the menu with the /command
Code:
/trinket options
You may want to consider changing the texture of your MiniMap border. If you are using Chinchilla, set the border alpha to 0 and then use kgPanels (you will also need kgPanelsConfig which is the Load on Demand config panel for kgPanels), to create border for the MiniMap. You can also use kgPanels to create panels for your chat (to serve as backgrounds) and other UI elements.

Here is an example of what you achieve with my advise (this is pre-ButtonFacade with a custom border replacing ALL ActionBar type buttons):

Last edited by Zyonin : 05-15-08 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Fixed a link
05-15-08, 12:28 PM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by blessedarkangel View Post
TY verry verry much ... Im gonna try to 3d models right now.. As for the UI.. I dont need anything other then the ui frame... Like the images behind all the buttons and gizmos.. it dosent have to be exactly that.. maybe somwhere theres a library of them? Or like a plugin that puts it on there?
The textures should be in there somewhere though i havent downloaded the files personally so couldnt say where. Look for a panel style mod like eepanels, kgpanels and so on and more than likely the textures will be in there.

Easy enough to just download the .zip then take when you need and can the rest.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-15-08, 12:54 PM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
The textures should be in there somewhere though i havent downloaded the files personally so couldnt say where. Look for a panel style mod like eepanels, kgpanels and so on and more than likely the textures will be in there.

Easy enough to just download the .zip then take when you need and can the rest.
The only textures Discord Art, eePanels2 and kgPanels will have access to intially are the default Blizzard ones (Tooltip, DialogFrame, plus the backgrounds). Other textures will have to be added either via SharedMedia or importing them. kgPanels and Discord Art have a feature were you can add art to a "gallery".

To import other textures/art either add them to SharedMedia via MyMedia (instructions are in the SharedMedia folder) or create a folder (I keep mine in an folder called MyM_UI) in your Interface folder, then in Discord Artm eePanels or kgPanels enter the path to the art (in my case its Interface\MyM_UI\art.tga).

As far as other textures are concerned, you can mine other UIs (I have borrowed some from Caith UI and Tapestry UI) inlcuding old Discord layouts. Or create your own. Just remember, the size (HxW) MUST be in a power of 2 (16,32,64,128,256,512). An example would be 64x64 (the default size of most buttons) or 128x32. The other thing is your images must be in a .tga (w/ an alpha channel) or .blp format. If you elect to use TGA, The GIMP will produce WoW friendly TGAs using the default settings. To use BLPs, you will need to convert your image using a comverter, I use BLP2PNG as I tend to work mostly with PNGs.
05-15-08, 02:36 PM   #7
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
Thanks guys.. this helps alot.. Im gonna try to do what you guys said.. If I have any problems. Ill come backk.. BTW.. i tried BF... And it dosent skin every line in bongos.. Nor does it skin for trinket menu.. So i went back to cycycled and everything was fine...

Edit::

Thanks a ton.. I put the chat addin thats your fav on there and I love it.. Along with Fane.. cleaned up the minimap.. and took off the boarder.. I got KGpannels.. and imhaving a bit of trouble finding art and stuff for it.. or figureing out how to put it into the UI .. Ill mess with it till i can get it right.. Unless thers a faq or walkthru somwhere?

ATM my UI is about 50% done x.x so much work to be done..

EDIT:
Got the kgpanels to work.. now its off to doin 30% of the work.. placing everying with the 3d models and panels and chat .. and discord frames and ugh

Last edited by blessedarkangel : 05-15-08 at 05:07 PM.
05-15-08, 06:59 PM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Xinh View Post
The only textures Discord Art, eePanels2 and kgPanels will have access to intially are the default Blizzard ones (Tooltip, DialogFrame, plus the backgrounds). Other textures will have to be added either via SharedMedia or importing them. kgPanels and Discord Art have a feature were you can add art to a "gallery".

To import other textures/art either add them to SharedMedia via MyMedia (instructions are in the SharedMedia folder) or create a folder (I keep mine in an folder called MyM_UI) in your Interface folder, then in Discord Artm eePanels or kgPanels enter the path to the art (in my case its Interface\MyM_UI\art.tga).

As far as other textures are concerned, you can mine other UIs (I have borrowed some from Caith UI and Tapestry UI) inlcuding old Discord layouts. Or create your own. Just remember, the size (HxW) MUST be in a power of 2 (16,32,64,128,256,512). An example would be 64x64 (the default size of most buttons) or 128x32. The other thing is your images must be in a .tga (w/ an alpha channel) or .blp format. If you elect to use TGA, The GIMP will produce WoW friendly TGAs using the default settings. To use BLPs, you will need to convert your image using a comverter, I use BLP2PNG as I tend to work mostly with PNGs.
I was referring to the UI package with the textures. Not so much the mods themselves. I have found that most authors when they package a zip tend to hide the textures they use in the folder for the mods themselves.

05-15-08, 08:33 PM   #9
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
i got it all down packed.. =] thanks so much guys for your help.. i apreciate it so much...

heres what i got so far.. illbe updateing when I finish as well.. I may try to package it for you guys if you like as well.. I wouldnt mind if anyone wanted it..

SOOOo totaly not finished yet lol but heres a screenie

05-15-08, 09:41 PM   #10
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Looking good =)

Glad we were of some help. Cant wait to see it when your done.

05-16-08, 01:28 AM   #11
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
Well.. im about 90% done... I just need to update some librarys .. and install some guild stuff for myself.. but all the visual stuff is done.. thank you guys so much for helping me heres a SS of it

Any sugjestions.. thing you see outta place? Mods you wanna recomend ?
05-16-08, 02:09 AM   #12
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Looks fantastic nice work =)

05-16-08, 04:29 AM   #13
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

I like it.
What unit frames are you using?
05-16-08, 09:09 AM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's Discord.

And the OCD in me wants to move the target frame to the left a tiny bit to center it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-16-08, 03:52 PM   #15
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
lol yeah.. im still centering things and making sure things work.. atm my Sraid frames arent working cause of the outdated library .. so i gotta wait for that to be updated.. x.x Little things here and there its comming along.. bout 90% finished with the whole thing
05-16-08, 03:59 PM   #16
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I wish Pitbull could position the text at the bottom of the frames like that since it can do vertical bars now. That looks really awesome.
05-17-08, 12:48 PM   #17
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Thanks for the quick reply.
I would love to be able to download this UI and try it out when you have finished please
05-17-08, 03:33 PM   #18
saanlem
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The UI looks good!
05-24-08, 02:59 PM   #19
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

any more advancement with this UI I would love to be able to download it and give it a try
05-25-08, 10:32 PM   #20
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Great work with the Unit frames and placements . I think Borntrue has a UI similar (panel art / layout), yours adds a nice "Mazzle feel" to though imo.
Keep on it, looking good .

Link to the Borntrue if looking for a reference.
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw13337.jpg

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Help with UI..