10-30-08, 06:55 PM   #1
Jeania
An Aku'mai Servant

Another addon request >.> lol

Titan Macro Menu

*gives puppy eyes* lol

oh and one other v.v

Wow Manager

this looks sooooooo divine...I don't suppose anyone would love to take this on? Tried to get ahold of the original author, but he seems to awol lol.

Last edited by Jeania : 10-30-08 at 06:57 PM.
10-30-08, 09:05 PM   #2
Jeania
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Jeania View Post
Titan Macro Menu

*gives puppy eyes* lol

oh and one other v.v

Wow Manager

this looks sooooooo divine...I don't suppose anyone would love to take this on? Tried to get ahold of the original author, but he seems to awol lol.

lol btw, if anyone does make these, can you msg me so I know? I don't want to miss these lovely things
10-31-08, 06:30 AM   #3
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wow Manager is an executable stand alone program. Unless the author provided source code, updating it would be problematic. Also, WoWI's policy on uploading executables has changes since that one was added, so that and the possible lack of source code would make it so that you should not get your hopes up on it being updated by another author.

As for the other one, it seems updatable. Some people get their start in making addons trying to fix the ones they like

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]
10-31-08, 04:33 PM   #4
Jeania
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Wow Manager is an executable stand alone program. Unless the author provided source code, updating it would be problematic. Also, WoWI's policy on uploading executables has changes since that one was added, so that and the possible lack of source code would make it so that you should not get your hopes up on it being updated by another author.

As for the other one, it seems updatable. Some people get their start in making addons trying to fix the ones they like

Thanks! I do have a question, WoWinterface or Blizz's policy? was just wondering lol. And yeah, true on source code, but figured that it'd be semi reproducable lol oh wellz

And someone get on that titan addon! jk (puppy eyes) lol
10-31-08, 06:20 PM   #5
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Within the past year there have been some strong attacks to infect the addon sites with viruses. WoWI very briefly got hit with a virus and since then I believe the WoWI policy is no new .exe uploads.

I may not have the facts 100%, but I believe that's the gist of it.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]
10-31-08, 08:46 PM   #6
Jeania
An Aku'mai Servant

oooooo okay not a prob at all ^_^
10-31-08, 09:33 PM   #7
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Its not a zero tolerance policy (we don't do zero tolerance as we have people that can think on our staff), we do make exceptions for some things. It also has to come from a trusted source, we want to see the source and will decompile the exe and make sure its safe first. We mainly make an exception where we see that a program would be needed.
10-31-08, 09:55 PM   #8
Jeania
An Aku'mai Servant

Would you be willing to take a look at it then? Maybe someone in your group could make something similar or something...it'd probably net quite the download amount lol. If not, no prob, just had to ask lol.
11-01-08, 07:39 AM   #9
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Thanks for the clarification, Dolby I knew in-house .exes would be available, but I did not know you guys were still willing to accept author .exe's with the conditions you explained.

I still would not get my hopes up, Jeania However, keep asking around! You never know

11-01-08, 05:26 PM   #10
joeba18
A Cyclonian

ill take the wow manager project on it will be a complete rewrite of it due to no source code.

So may take some time.

I will post here with updates.

EDIT: also i will supply source code once i am finished to the people here at wow interface.

UPDATE: Some Screen shots of the graphical user interface.

Last edited by joeba18 : 11-01-08 at 07:56 PM.
11-04-08, 04:32 AM   #11
Jeania
An Aku'mai Servant

lol right now I think I'm in love with you lol (lol just kidding, but omg I want this! lol I need a download when it's finished! :P) Seriously this is beautiful
11-05-08, 12:50 AM   #12
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Jeania View Post
Titan Macro Menu

*gives puppy eyes* lol

oh and one other v.v
On a VERY brief glance through this one, I don't see any reason why it should not work in the current WoW... Try changing the #interface in the .toc file to 30000. If it doesn't work, give me a description of the problem and I MAY look into it. Time is a major limiting factor for me these days (which is why QH is managed by Zorba now), so if it becomes more than an afternoon project it's not likely to get taken care of any time soon. It does look straightforward enough though.

Last edited by Vyper : 11-05-08 at 12:53 AM.
11-07-08, 08:23 PM   #13
joeba18
A Cyclonian

Ive been very busy lately so the coding of the new wow manager has been a bit slow.

Working:
Added new tab in Preferences for Server Status.
Server Status working with options in Preferences.
Launch wow button working with options in Preferences.
Wow button working with options in Preferences.
PTR button working with options in Preferences.
Search Working.
Custom Buttons Working.
Ventrilo Working with options.
Team Speak button and options working.
Addon Comp. Creator button working.
Links working.
Guild site button and options working.

Things still needing work:
RSS Feeds and options
Option to start as windows starts

Things Removed.
I removed the ranking button as there is no reliable site out now for rankings.
That i can find anyways if you know of one that has good search function and updated regularly please let me know and ill re implement it.

Last edited by joeba18 : 11-08-08 at 02:30 AM.
11-07-08, 10:28 PM   #14
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This looks awesome, good luck on getting this out (you'll have a fan club I'm sure ).
11-08-08, 12:22 AM   #15
joeba18
A Cyclonian

Well glad people are going to like it ^^.
I do plan on adding new features into it and making it have its own addon comp creator instead of using a external program to do it.

Also i plan to develop a browser built into it so that when you click on links inside the program or search database's they will open in the application instead of your default browser.

It has a long way to go but should be nice once its done ^^.
11-08-08, 03:16 AM   #16
joeba18
A Cyclonian

I have uploaded a beta version and waiting as it is pending.

It has two feature disabled atm which is RSS feeds and start when windows starts.
11-08-08, 04:54 PM   #17
joeba18
A Cyclonian

well guess i wont be working on this anymore as it got rejected.
I have no clue why there's nothing wrong with it yet they rejected it.

as form them having half a brain guess that was wrong as my software is not encrypted so it would be very easy to inspect with out the need of source code.

I would be willing to also give source code but on the upload page there is no way to upload source to you guys so not even looking at the software your people denied it just because it was a exe instead of a addon.
11-08-08, 05:03 PM   #18
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by joeba18 View Post
well guess i wont be working on this anymore as it got rejected.
I have no clue why there's nothing wrong with it yet they rejected it.

as form them having half a brain guess that was wrong as my software is not encrypted so it would be very easy to inspect with out the need of source code.

I would be willing to also give source code but on the upload page there is no way to upload source to you guys so not even looking at the software your people denied it just because it was a exe instead of a addon.
That's not why WoWI denied it, there was something obviously wrong with it. The admins aren't just going to deny something because it's an .exe file.

You need to calm down; and maybe take some grammar classes.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
11-08-08, 05:09 PM   #19
joeba18
A Cyclonian

lol there's nothing wrong with it, ill even post full source code here to prove that.

they didn't look at it, If they did then it wouldn't been rejected.
There's no kind of virus or anything of the sort if there was do you really think i would be posting this from my computer with no proxy lol.

Ill upload the source code and post it here if you know how to code in vb.net 2008 take a look and your see for yourself.
11-08-08, 05:12 PM   #20
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by joeba18 View Post
lol there's nothing wrong with it, ill even post full source code here to prove that.

they didn't look at it, If they did then it wouldn't been rejected.
There's no kind of virus or anything of the sort if there was do you really think i would be posting this from my computer with no proxy lol.

Ill upload the source code and post it here if you know how to code in vb.net 2008 take a look and your see for yourself.
Please do.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Another addon request >.> lol