09-02-10, 12:14 AM   #21
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As has been stated, make a healthbar in any unitframe addon and shove it across your characters head in the middle of the screen. It won't scale with zooming, but neither do nameplates in DotA. (If I remember correctly, it's been ages since I played DotA since I moved to HoN.)

Play around with something like STUF/Pitbull 4 until you find something that resembles your idea of how you want it.

I also recommend putting more thoughts into your posts next time.

typin liek dis n bein all chav isn kool blut

09-02-10, 12:22 AM   #22
Sythalin
Curse staff

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
There's a huge difference between occasionally spelling something wrong or using funky grammar because English isn't your native language, and intentionally misspelling every other word and not capitalizing or punctuating anything.

No matter how you learned English, there's no way you can think that "sum1" is a reasonable spelling of the word "someone". I also don't know of any language that doesn't have sentences or something equivalent, so "English isn't my native language" isn't an excuse for not using any punctuation.
I'm so glad this has become the 2nd primary focus of the guy's post. Seriously, you guys have nothing better to do? Just answer the question, ignore him/her/it, ignore the post, do whatever makes you happy, not what you think will make you feel superior to them. ****ing christ....

09-02-10, 06:59 PM   #23
Phanx
Cat.

Well, if I were posting on a forum in, say, Russian, which is not my first language, I'd at least try to not look like I were typing on a cell phone keypad with my toes while blindfolded. If I did type that way, I'd expect to be called out on it. I see no problem in telling someone "if you want people to put effort into helping you, consider putting a little more effort into your request", especially if I'm also answering their question in the same post.

Edit: If you have a problem with people who have a problem with intentionally poor spelling/grammar, why don't you take your own advice and ignore the post? I also find it amusing that you assume the only reason anyone would ever point out someone else's mistake is to make themselves "feel superior".

Last edited by Phanx : 09-02-10 at 07:02 PM.

09-04-10, 07:30 AM   #24
donelol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Phanx i think u got way to much time on ur hands and shouldnt care so much about other ppls grammar.

Imo ur jus trying to be super smart in every thread to get sum posts.

Its simple u cant help the person in his thread u just should stfu and move along and not being grammar police

09-04-10, 07:37 AM   #25
donelol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
As has been stated, make a healthbar in any unitframe addon and shove it across your characters head in the middle of the screen. It won't scale with zooming, but neither do nameplates in DotA. (If I remember correctly, it's been ages since I played DotA since I moved to HoN.)

Play around with something like STUF/Pitbull 4 until you find something that resembles your idea of how you want it.

I also recommend putting more thoughts into your posts next time.

typin liek dis n bein all chav isn kool blut
i play HoN aswell and i want to be exacly like in HoN very very simple small and bright

09-04-10, 08:10 AM   #26
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

I'm with Phanx to be honest. Even if English is your third language, I guess your first and second language have some kind of punctuation too. I mean, it's basically one of the first things they teach you in any school and always will teach you.

Plus I recall that Phanx actually answered his question. What he specifically wants isn't possible nor useful. Just using some kind of Unit Frame mod and placing the UF's closer to his character is the only real sensible thing to do.

09-04-10, 08:24 AM   #27
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by donelol View Post
Phanx i think u got way to much time on ur hands and shouldnt care so much about other ppls grammar.

Imo ur jus trying to be super smart in every thread to get sum posts.

Its simple u cant help the person in his thread u just should stfu and move along and not being grammar police
First of all, I'm with Phanx. Put some ****ing time into your posts. Now you pissed me off, and at first I barely cared.

i play HoN aswell and i want to be exacly like in HoN very very simple small and bright
Then read the responses you've gotten so far. They all say the same thing.

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
I'm with Phanx to be honest. Even if English is your third language, I guess your first and second language have some kind of punctuation too. I mean, it's basically one of the first things they teach you in any school and always will teach you.

Plus I recall that Phanx actually answered his question. What he specifically wants isn't possible nor useful. Just using some kind of Unit Frame mod and placing the UF's closer to his character is the only real sensible thing to do.
This. ^

09-04-10, 10:17 AM   #28
donelol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

i requested a addon not a solution wat sorta does wat i want

09-04-10, 10:18 AM   #29
donelol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
First of all, I'm with Phanx. Put some ****ing time into your posts. Now you pissed me off, and at first I barely cared.

Then read the responses you've gotten so far. They all say the same thing.

This. ^
can u qq sumwhere else?

gonna report every post wich inst related to my thread

09-04-10, 10:21 AM   #30
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

can u qq sumwhere else?

gonna report every post wich inst related to my thread
Most of them are actually relevant, giving you an answer to your question.
But yeah, let's have mods close this up. Sorry for going offtopic.

09-04-10, 10:25 AM   #31
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Wow. Just, wow. Come on guys!

*sorely disappointed*

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hp Bar Above My Head [Like in Dota or Ctrl+V in WoW]