04-21-07, 07:18 AM   #21
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
from what i read standalonelibs will automatically make it install without externals..

One of the links seerah posted.

I have bunged all the folders into my periodic tables 3.0 folder (where most of them were as well... doubled up somehow) and made the 2 nounpack folders, updated and all seems sweet

thanks a lot for all your help with this, nice to be able to update ora, cart etc without having to do it manually each time (having to completely delete all folders then reinstall the addon meant i rarely done it)
04-21-07, 03:26 PM   #22
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Having standalone libs doesn't automatically make it update without externals. Choosing "Update all Installed Addons" (F12, I believe) will do it without externals. You could still tell WAU to update with externals, but.... then you'd have libs in all your addon folders again.

It's up to you, bertlezat, whether you want to keep the preferences changed or not. I switched mine back to defaults. If you leave skip version check set to True, it will update all of your addons all the time, whether they have a new version or not. If you leave delete before extracting set to true, it will always delete the old addon before installing the updated version. Some people like to do this, just to make sure they always have clean installs (helps if an addon goes through a major revision and deletes some files/folders), but if you add things to an addon (like a layout to ag_UF, for example) you'd have to go back in and add it again. It's always a good idea to back up your Interface folder before running the WAU so you can revert to previous versions if needed or have a backup to copy-paste custom changes you've made to an addon.

Remember, anyone reading this, that Ace2 was built so that you could use embedded libraries. I repeat again to not bother with standalone libraries unless you really want a smaller file size for your Interface folder, have problems with your libraries often, or feel that it will have you troubleshoot/bugfix things. Having 30 copies of Ace2 in each addon folder will not impact your game's memory usage, since the game only loads one copy of each library.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-21-07, 03:48 PM   #23
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
After ya get yer wowaceupdater all configured like she said, you will get used to laoding it up, letting it fetch the list, then hitting f4, then f12...
oh, f5 is for doing a refresh, say you removed a mod you didn't want manually, yet the updater still has it in cache... or, you added a mod ya like and the cache of wowaceupdater aint got it in yet, F5 for that..
04-22-07, 09:30 PM   #24
joemawma
A Murloc Raider
Update!

As the original poster, I thought I'd post an update, and ask for any more thoughts anyone is willing to share. First, Seerah, thank you so much - your advice and explanations have been golden. I followed your suggestions to make the libs external, and that has cleared every problem with every fubar plugin that I was having - except one - the initial one, in fact. While all of my plugins are now behaving, Fubar still will not load profiles correctly; it always reverts back to some saved version (but not blank, anymore). When I select my character profile, all of the correct addons appear, but several don't appear with the correct settings (mailFu, for instance, always starts off showing the icon and text, even though I have "show text" unchecked. If I check it, then uncheck it, it appears correctly).

Any suggestions? I don't mind nuking my profiles and starting over, but its pointless if I'm still going to have to re-select it every time. Thanks for any (more) feedback.
04-22-07, 10:32 PM   #25
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I actually have something similar, but not on your scale, annoying enough though, i have a low level hunter, not in a guild, therefore i disable uguild, but each time i log on my hunter, i get errors because i'm not in a guild, and the fuguild has re-enabled itself and stuck itself to my map again, each time i disable it, and each time it comes back, i know I should just disable it on my addons screen for that char, but surely telling it not to load with fubar on that profile is enough?
06-27-07, 10:22 AM   #26
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
post 13 has been edited to reflect changes with the new versions of WAU
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-27-07, 12:33 PM   #27
akutani
A Murloc Raider
I have a wierd problem also. my shardfu I think its called always says 0 on my warlock. I only have the addon enabled for my warlock, but it still says 0 after several updates. It used to work fine, but I guess after some update it started doing this. I can't figure out how to get it to work .
11-20-08, 06:18 AM   #28
spandox
A Kobold Labourer
Shardfu fix

I fixed my shardfu that also wasn't working.

Open up the ShardCountFu.lua file in a text editor
On line 96 change "Soul shard" to "Soul Shard" (The only difference is the capital S in "Shard")

Save the file and play

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Fubar Issues - Not displaying profile correctly on load, bad plugins