07-04-13, 07:31 AM   #1
ragewang
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
WangUI [1920x1080] super light weight

hey guys im new on the scene of putting compilations and such together so this is my first !

so, i have put this compilation together with 3 things in mind.

1. Functionality, does it function for it purpose ?

2. Usability, crappy laptop or expensive gaming rig. This package is so light weight it will reduce your lag from all those heavy packages and losing very few features.

3. flexibility, dont like an addon ? get rid of it. Want to use a different addon in its place ? replace it.
all the addons are still individual and there fore nothing will be broken and no problems arise when your customize any part of this pack.

so far, i have made significant changes from version 1. to the current 1.3.
with everything you need to raid. as a generic base for any class, this will only use about 12-15mb of power.

utilizing the best addons on the internet to give the best feedback at a low low usage.

if anyones interested in helping me out. i wouldnt mind feedback for it. im not in anyway a coder so, if anyones any good and like the idea and wants to help me go forward do contact me

current situation. the package is in a place where i am very happy with stability.

whats next ? - class specific packages, and then a all in one with different reflux profiles to load them
( the reflux profiles are kinda a down fall i would perfer to be able to code a gui for this but oh well )
a youtube video to show you around the package, and in- depth guide on changing the settings ect.

and anything you guys might suggest

thanks ! RageWang!

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1920x1080.html
07-04-13, 11:34 AM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OK if 130mb/17mb mem usage is lightwight for you
I suggest using nibProfileLoader instead of making an GUI

Also remove TidyPlates_Graphite, _Quatre, _Neon from your addons folder because you don't use them.
I suggest using KuiNameplates

I had the same goals like you in my UI (only use addons with GUI) but have added many extra addons after some time. You'll have to add some for all specs and is adjusted all classes.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 07-04-13 at 11:55 AM.
07-04-13, 12:07 PM   #3
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by ragewang View Post
this will only use about 12-15mb of power.
Memory usage does not equal computing power. It simply indicates how much of your RAM your addons are using. Most computers come with at least 4GB RAM these days, so no amount of typical addon memory usage should be any issue at all, unless you're using 100's of megabytes.

If you want to know how much your addons are actually affecting your system's performance, you should check CPU usage - though that's somewhat tricky with addons.
07-04-13, 01:02 PM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
If you want to know how much your addons are actually affecting your system's performance, you should check CPU usage - though that's somewhat tricky with addons.
What about http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/icpu/
07-04-13, 03:14 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

I still use OptionHouse for monitoring addon memory/CPU usage, as well as for enabling/disabling addons in-game. Hasn't been updated since 2009, but still works.
07-04-13, 04:00 PM   #6
ragewang
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
thanks for the feedback guys, and yeah i know its not "power" just my terrible english ahaha.

my current rig is pretty crazy but what iv found is even though its like only tiny amounts of RAM usage, with the client being so old it can struggle ( wtb new engine please blizzard) and iv noticed significent performance increase after changing over and putting this together.

like, instead of being 20-30 fps during a busy 25 man raid im over 60 fps now.

and i was using ElvUI before which isnt to heavy either.

but anyways, thanks for the recommendations i just wanna make something functional, thats attractive and easy to use and modify.

il take a lot at everything youv mentioned ^^

Last edited by ragewang : 07-04-13 at 04:02 PM. Reason: more terrible english

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » WangUI [1920x1080] super light weight