05-15-12, 03:24 PM   #1
meggalo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Anyone else sick of this game

Hi just wondering if anyone else as me are finally sick and tired of this game .
I hang on till d3 came out stupidly agreed to that 12month crap only to find out can't even log in
can't even log in to wow and getting same old crap excuses from customer service.
Just replied a nasty letter to them asking them to cancel my sub to there crap games so hopefully
ill get an acceptance as i ain't paying any longer to a company that take things for granted as they have ruined wow to been from bad to boring having played mop beta i can't see a green light at the other end.

Like i said hopefully ill get an acceptance taking the time to thank all you guys for the amazing work you have done not only maintaining an amazing site but for the authors also which try to make the game more enjoyable without your add ons i sure wouldn't have lasted this long.
To the bottom off my heart i thank you all take care.
05-15-12, 04:02 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Sorry to see you go Meggalo. Hopefully we'll see you somewhere down the road in some other game. Safe travels.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-15-12, 11:49 PM   #3
AcidWeb
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You overreacting. Login problems on Day 1 are completely normal. I just not possible do such opening without technical problems.

But hey. That is your choice. Safe travels.
05-16-12, 12:18 AM   #4
Ravensaber
A Fallenroot Satyr

It is release day for the game. I think its a bit over reaction to make threads and get sick of things because there are problems with a 1 day old game..

Good luck in whatever it is you go do though =)
05-16-12, 12:35 AM   #5
meggsy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i agree

How long have they been making d3 1 day no such a company and can't run a game from day one says heaps.

Humm i know he mentions d3 but most of his comments were directed at wow.
Why was diablo 3 put on same servers as wow as wow lags enough with out anymore pressure.
I agree wow is bordering too boredom not the game it once was, been playing it since day one.

Tell him why so many authors and non authors have quit the game or tell him why you like it still
maybe he might change his mind as of mop i tried it after one round of play i went off it and i for one won't be buying it as of d3 i won't be playing it either as its crap lol gosh just playing with a mouse unable to look around click to where to go amazing lol

Sorry to see you go as you have helped a few people here along the way.

Anyway good luck too you m8 and whatever game you play in future.
05-16-12, 12:45 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by meggalo View Post
Just replied a nasty letter to them asking them to cancel my sub to there crap games so hopefully ill get an acceptance as i ain't paying any longer...
Blizzard's subscription support page says pretty clearly: "Once your billing cycle begins using the payment method you have chosen, it can not be reversed or refunded." Sending nasty letters (especially if said letters are as sloppily written as your post) is usually not a very good way to convince someone to make an exception to their policy for you.

Even if they will make an exception and refund you for the part of your subscription you haven't used yet, they would still require that you pay for Diablo III (since getting it for free was contingent on the year-long subscription). More likely, they will just tell you that all subscription payments are non-refundable.

Take a deep breath, go for a walk in the sun, eat some ice cream, play with some puppies or kittens, or do something else that makes you feel good. Come back in a few days when you're less frustrated; by then, Blizzard will probably have fixed the launch-day login bugs, and you'll be able to enjoy a new game.
05-16-12, 01:44 AM   #7
meggalo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Blizzard's subscription support page says pretty clearly: "Once your billing cycle begins using the payment method you have chosen, it can not be reversed or refunded." Sending nasty letters (especially if said letters are as sloppily written as your post) is usually not a very good way to convince someone to make an exception to their policy for you.

Even if they will make an exception and refund you for the part of your subscription you haven't used yet, they would still require that you pay for Diablo III (since getting it for free was contingent on the year-long subscription). More likely, they will just tell you that all subscription payments are non-refundable.

Take a deep breath, go for a walk in the sun, eat some ice cream, play with some puppies or kittens, or do something else that makes you feel good. Come back in a few days when you're less frustrated; by then, Blizzard will probably have fixed the launch-day login bugs, and you'll be able to enjoy a new game.

Wel sorry I'm not a scholar You know very little what has happened last 2 patches i lost all my ah items totalling god knows how much,They promised to fix it nothing happened did a faction change lost all my exalted reps they told me thats normal, Paid for a service including d3 i don't know why just did.
Waited ages for it then it comes on only to find can't even long in not only d3 wow also.
Then i get response sorry were have fixed it log in now -only to find same thing message back try again its fixed same again. message again ohh no its not fixed were working on it at the mean time i watched season one of the tudors and 3 episodes of season 2 and still no d3 or wow.
You tell me to be patient but for all the millions they make you would think they would do there home work and get it right.
How many patches have they done on wow and always stuff things up I'm sure as an author you must have seen what happens.
To above post Meggsy yes i was referring more about wow and yes I'm sick and tired off the game i 2 tried mop and was well less then impressed so Phanx things have been building up its just not today .
Once again sorry for my English as i was born in greece moved to australia so had limited amount of schooling also last year and a half i have been fighting cancer so i don't have any more energy to fight blizzard so the only walk i can see ahead of me is the one pointing six foot under.
So you have a good day.

Last edited by meggalo : 05-16-12 at 01:46 AM.
05-16-12, 03:01 AM   #8
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
You seem quite stressed out, maybe it's best you just quit for a while, you can always come back later.

Personally I've also gotten bored with WoW, 4.3 seems like it might become the longest running major patch ever which is a large cause of the problem. If it weren't for roleplaying I'd probably have quit already, but MoP looks promising.
05-16-12, 05:43 AM   #9
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

I have a hard time feeling with people that complains about very rare login issues in a game with over 10 million subscribers. **** happens, same for D3 launch.

I also had problems logging on to both games yesterday (mostly D3 lol) so I had a look at the forums to see what might be going on, only to find hundreds of threads full of words not suitable for children, aimed at Blizzard.

And that was approx 18 hours after releasing the most pre-ordered (at least digitally) game ever, which has online features AND is global. What the hell? It's like an intersection, when cars flow through evenly with some peaks each day it's no problem, but take all those cars and tell them to go there at once, at the same time. Well, that's gonna end up problematic no matter how good that intersection is. I'm sure they prepared themselves as good as they could.

But I can see a long time of disappointment and then this bringing you over the edge. Although, I'd suggest a break. As far as refund goes, I don't think they will help you there. Take a break, focus on more important things in your life! Wow will probably still be around when or if you choose to try it out again, same goes for D3. And who knows what they will create in the future?

No matter what you do, I wish you well. It's a heavy stone you're carrying. A game that stresses you out maybe isn't what you need right now. Take care!
05-16-12, 06:59 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I still log in briefly to wow, most of my friends have left for one game or another so I don't stay logged in long. But, I stay hanging in there as $10 a month isn't much to pay to keep all my hard earned characters alive and well on the blizzard servers, especially considering I have my addons and the new expansion coming out soon that sounds like it would more suit my personal game play.

I also spent time downloading D3 last night and tried logging into the US servers to see if my buddies were around but no joy as the messages said, no biggie, I just logged onto the EU servers and created a couple of characters. Not tried playing yet though as it was like 5am UK time and freshly live so no rush to play. May give it a whirl tonight to see the difference from D2.
05-16-12, 11:05 AM   #11
brassband
A Kobold Labourer
gaffiate

Many people who play wow play it with a vengeance, hours per day, learning obscure things about a detailed fantasy world, getting exactly the mods they want so that their experience is perfect.

Then they say, "what the heck am I doing?" They drop out, spend a year, maybe two, not playing, then they come back.

They are more likely to come back to wow if their stuff is still there. Blizz knows that, so they record all that stuff.

The programmers at Bliz basically suck. The maintenance window is stupid in this day and age, and it is huge. This indicates horrible design. Imagine your credit card company saying, "You can't use your card on tuesday from 6 to noon pacific time, we need a maintenance window?" Despite an extended beta, the launch of D3 broke everything. They should, by now, be thinking high availability and continuous maintenance.

People get tired of all this.

In Science Fiction fandom. this is called gafiating - which is an acronym (approximately) for "Getting Away From It All" which then has a "t" added to the end, and is verbed.

I have no idea if someone who has not used any of the perks of the one year agreement (d3, pandaria beta access) can get out of their year agreement, but it seems that it would be a good idea to let an irritated customer out of the agreement before they get even more irritated, because they might come back if they are not totally ticked off, else they will pay for the year and badmouth you everywhere they can.

Me? I used the perks and I feel like I have to stay, and I am not irritated yet. I know that their programming sucks, it always has and they lef their bugs fall onto the backs of the non-testing users, and now that they have tied everything to battle.net (the classic stupid decision in retrospect) then every launch will break everything.

Sigh.

Good luck, and I hope we will see you in a couple of years.
05-16-12, 01:37 PM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I still enjoy Wow, immensely. I still have a wonderful time raiding 3 nights a week. I came to Wow from EverQuest were we raided faithfully every other night. I've been playing for quite some time, but perhaps I enjoy it so much because my sweetheart plays the game with me (we met in EverQuest). Honestly I get bored when I have to play the game by myself, so I can see how others can tire of it easily.

As for their programming (bugs etc.), I don't have any issues with it whatsoever considering what it was like from where I came. That and my boyfriend is a programmer by trade, so I know how difficult things can be just from listening to him talk about the troubles he's encountered during his work day. Sometimes fixing an issue is not as cut and dry as an outsider might wish for it to be. Just doesn't work that way. As for the servers being down, that's also not as cut and dry and flipping the switch on and having a working server. Sometimes a problem is just not that easy to fix.

The one year agreement.. I knew what I was agreeing to before I agreed to it. Blizzard has the legal right to hold me to it weather I like it or not. If they chose not to let me out of the agreement, then I would expect to either keep paying the monthly fee or have them hire a collection agency to breath down my neck and ruin my credit history. I still love the game and I see myself continuing to play for a long time to come.. far past my 1 year agreement.

I know it sounds like I have no issues with Blizz. I do. I'm really not happy with some of the decisions they've made and mostly it's been class changes. Luckily I have other toons I can play and can change my main if I so desire. But none of those changes has irritated me enough to quit. At least not yet.
05-16-12, 04:39 PM   #13
Phanx
Cat.

... did a faction change lost all my exalted reps they told me thats normal
There is a warning on the confirmation page when you do a faction change that says Blizzard isn't responsible for things like lost gold, lost items, lost reputation, etc.

Once again sorry for my English as i was born in greece moved to australia so had limited amount of schooling ...
While I sympathize with the difficulties of communicating in a language other than your native one (I'd feel the same way if I were posting on a Spanish forum), I'm fairly certain that Greek and most other languages in the world include the concept of a sentence. Using sentences makes your writing so much easier to read than just lumping everything together in a big long string, and it hardly takes any time to add commas and periods.

... last year and a half i have been fighting cancer ...
I'm sorry to hear that, and wish you the best of luck in your recovery.
05-17-12, 05:15 PM   #14
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Release day for a single shooter. WTF cant i log in. WTF dose it want to know battlenet crap. By all looks you cant play this unless your going to there server. WTF! Bliz been pissing me off for awhile. Iam also about done with them I no longer tell anyone to buy a bliz game. A game on release day WORKS! Nothing more nothing less. This is a single shooter not a mop. This is again bliz saying **** there costomers. By all looks i going to be going also. I love Diablo but this one sucks =( Bliz always worked hard to have a good products not any more..sigh GREAD strikes again
05-17-12, 05:54 PM   #15
unlimit
Lookin' Good

I'm not going to be as nice to you people as others have been:

You won't be missed. The servers will go up and down, regardless if you're there to play on them or not. You're whining and complaining, for the most part, isn't re-read like you're the voice of reason to most readers on this website, nor many other official fan sites.

You had a bad experience at the launch of one of the most sought-after games of the year, with millions of excited players all logging in at the same time, and if you honestly couldn't handle the few hours to a few days ((?) which I'm pretty positive it was only a few hours for ~95% of the world), then go play something else.

With the amount of players trying to get it, it's like they were the victim of a DDoS attack, except they expected it.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **

Last edited by unlimit : 05-17-12 at 06:15 PM.
05-17-12, 09:07 PM   #16
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
unlimit, be good. You know the rules.
05-18-12, 12:03 PM   #17
Naskreth
A Defias Bandit
been there and done that

Couple things,

am new here so HI!!

I understand what the OP is saying and kudos to those being caring and considerate. Those stressing over someone's posting their negative experience on the forums need to understand, that ALL of us have those time periods in our lives. Try to be understanding and compassionate, k? I think a cumulative few factors just hit the OP all at once and smothered with some RL issues, it's just bad timing and he is frustrated over his means of relaxation and escape being ganked.

I took a break from WoW for almost a year once. (I beta'd vanilla so I been around a awhile) I found myself wandering around in game searching for lord knows what and I kind of woke up in the barrens and realized that all my friends were gone to other games and WoW no longer served it's purpose for me. So, I did a little RP, packed my stuff in my bank and gave some stuff away and did RAKs for my final week. (RAK = random acts of kindness) giving gold away etc.
I felt it important to leave the game on a positive note as I REALLY wanted to return someday.

So, Meggalo, I'm on the garona server. If you need a friend, need someone to vent to or play with, come find me. It's what life is all about. I sincerely hope you get cancer beat and get healed.

Nice to meet you all.

Nask
05-18-12, 01:54 PM   #18
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Welcome to the site Naskreth! Thank you for such a nice post. A lot of people are jaded these days, it's good to see someone post something nice. Maybe it'll serve as a reminder to others of the type of site we run here, the reason they use us in the first place.

Again, welcome.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-18-12, 02:51 PM   #19
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think that threads like this are more common on the official forums, where they sometimes even get closed down for being "unconstructive"

There's nothing wrong with this one per se, but I know I wouldn't react in the same way here on WoWInterface, as I would in the usual "ragequit" thread. Even the more when Meggalo thanked addon authors for their work and later on mentioned that he/she's fighting cancer

In my opinion it's fine as long as the OP makes use of even the slightest bit of punctuation and is being constructive about the bad points of a game, but otherwise it's just pointless to read it

Last edited by Ketho : 05-18-12 at 03:53 PM.
05-18-12, 08:21 PM   #20
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
I still dont understand WHY Bliz released a game that wont work. A single shooter is to be play solo on your OWN computer! It should work no matter what. Oh i know why they released something that dont work...GREAD MONEY! glad i didnt pay for it. Bliz is shown every one thats all they care about. 2 games read for release you fire 300 computer peaple. Wonder why it dont work?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Anyone else sick of this game