07-25-09, 08:17 PM   #1
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

Vista question!!

So i got me a new PC a few days ago and iwas wondering if i can find some help here.
I install WOW then when i try to get online i get this msg
Unable to connect.Please try again later. If the problem persist , please contact technical support.
I try to see if there was a firewall or something but everything seen fine so i am not sure whyi can't connect to the game anyone has a clue that can problt share some info?
07-25-09, 08:28 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Go into the Windows firewall and remove anything it has for WoW. Then re-add the game to the firewall. (Should you need assistance, try to Google for the information on the Windows firewall). Here are the port numbers in case you need them:

World of Warcraft & Burning Crusade use TCP port number 3724 to play and UDP port 3724 for in game Voice chat. The Blizzard Downloader, which downloads patches, also uses TCP ports 6112 and the range 6881-6999. Battle.net accounts use port 1119.
--------------------------------
Power Cycle your modem and router to reset them and allow them to re-establish a connection to your ISP. Please follow these steps to completely power cycle the devices in your network connection:

- Shut down all computers connected to the modem/router.
- Power down/unplug the router if you use one.
- Power down/unplug the modem.
- Allow to sit for 60 seconds, unplugged.
- Turn on the modem, allow to completely boot up till the front panel connection lights show a steady connection.
- Turn on the router, if you have one, and allow to completely boot up as well.
- Start the computer(s) and allow to completely boot up.

If that does not work, try this:

Windows Vista Users: Windows Vista requires that you run the command prompt (DOS shell) in Administrator Mode to perform these functions. To start the DOS shell in admin mode:

- Go to Start/Programs/Accessories and locate the "Command Prompt" shortcut.
- Right click Command Prompt shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu.
- Continue with the Windows XP/2000/98 directions below at step 2.

Windows XP/2000: Release/Renew your IP address and Flush the DNS Resolver Cache:

- Go to Start then Run and type the word "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Run box. A DOS window should open on screen.
- Type: "ipconfig /release" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
- Type: "ipconfig /renew" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
- Type: "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Close the DOS window and attempt to make a connection.

-------------------------
If you still cannot get connected, post the following information here on the tech support forum. Keep in mind that tech support hours on the forum are M-F from 8am to 8pm PDT.

* Firewall (McAfee, Norton, ZoneAlarm, etc.)
* Network Adapter and Drivers (http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=mgi0371p)
* Router make and model (this should be printed somewhere on the front or back or bottom)
* Cable or DSL Modem make and model
* ISP (Internet Provider)
* Location (City, State)
* Traceroute (http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21230)
07-25-09, 09:07 PM   #3
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

well try everything you post here w/no luck, i even turn off all my firewalls and try and no luck.
There is 1 thing that i find really weird when i install the game i follow all the recomended options and the weird thing when i install WoW it recomend me to put it on my PUBLIC folder and not on my computer/WINVISTA(C/programfiles , like the other games i have, not sure why, you think this has to do anything w/this problem im having ?
07-25-09, 09:37 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No. The game should be put in the Public/Games folder so you will not have any issues running it with the UAC turned on. If you leave it in the Program Files directory then you will end up having issues with patch downloads and other issues. This is why the Blizz developers are having the game installed in Public/Games for Vista users.

I recommend posting over on the tech support forums, and include the information from the last part of my previous post.
07-25-09, 09:43 PM   #5
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

Again thanks for all your help i post on the tech forums 5 days ago as well and i haven't get a single reply by blizz , at this point i think i am done w/this game anyways , i was installing the game just to play once a while, while i wait for AION , i just hope AION doesn't give me this problem.
07-25-09, 10:13 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Awe, don't give up on the support techs. It's just a few of them working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week, and they have to handle more tech forums than just the one wow tech forum. Also what helps is if you are very descriptive in your thread title. If you aren't, they will skip your thread. If you have something like "help!" in your thread title, they won't read it... but if you have "Cant connect. Info inside" as the title, they will probably get to you a lot faster. Especially if you add the information I mentioned in my previous post because those are the exact questions they will ask you.

Last edited by Petrah : 07-25-09 at 10:16 PM.
07-27-09, 06:44 PM   #7
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

Ok today i am reinstalling WoW again to give it 1 more shot to see if it works , wish me luck !!
08-07-09, 09:06 PM   #8
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

Hey guys its me again the angry person who couldn't make WoW work for vista LOL,anyways i finally got it working w/3.2 patch don't ask me what i did or what happend my bro told me to try 1 more last time to reinstall the game so i did and it finally work!!!!!!, now my only problem is my gamecard run out of time , so i was wondering is it worth it to go back and play this new content , i mean i been plying wow for4 years now getting close to 5 and the thing is i try AION last weekend and i wasn't 100% sure if thats the game for me, i try a few classes did som e quest around, but i just didn't feel the game like people talks about it anyways lol going back to the topic,
Thanks for evryone who reply to my post and try to help me i really apreciate all the help and please forgive my typos lol, i am not american so my english its very poor .
08-07-09, 09:54 PM   #9
zero-kill
A Firelord

The easiest solution to this would simply be to turn off your firewall, boot into safe-mode, install the program - reboot and run - if that doesn't work then you are screwed.
08-07-09, 10:01 PM   #10
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
The easiest solution to this would simply be to turn off your firewall, boot into safe-mode, install the program - reboot and run - if that doesn't work then you are screwed.
LOL i think you should read the post above your post

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Vista question!!